• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Idaho wins WAC Commissioner's Cup

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Vandals!

Damn straight!

Gotta say, I detested Coach Pete when he was at BSU but the guy's a hell of coach. Definite upgrade from Sark who was a bit overrated IMO. I'll be surprised if the Huskies don't make some noise this year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn straight!

Gotta say, I detested Coach Pete when he was at BSU but the guy's a hell of coach. Definite upgrade from Sark who was a bit overrated IMO. I'll be surprised if the Huskies don't make some noise this year.

Looking forward to seing the Huskies play this year, because like you said he should be a upgrade from Sark.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note, they really need to update the college football forums. The 5 teams they have listed in the WAC are all in either the Mountain West, C-USA, or Sun Belt now ( excluding NMST who's still in the WAC for Olympic Sports).

Edit: I guess they really haven't updated the college forums in a while. No American Conference, Sun Belt, C-USA, or MAC forums?

Probably the wrong place to post this since nobody reads this forum but w/e.

Last edited by a moderator:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm talkin about Vandals!

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard they did some recent upgrades to the potato cellar.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard they did some recent upgrades to the potato cellar.

Well the major ones were about two years ago when they put in the translucent panels so some natural light can get in during games. Also added some premium seating and moved the press box to the opposite side of the field. I think the newest addition was probably the big-ass jumbo-tron they added last year. I would like to see some more seats added to get to 20k , but they have a hard time filling it as it is. Doesn't help when you're winning one game a year.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the major ones were about two years ago when they put in the translucent panels so some natural light can get in during games. Also added some premium seating and moved the press box to the opposite side of the field. I think the newest addition was probably the big-ass jumbo-tron they added last year. I would like to see some more seats added to get to 20k , but they have a hard time filling it as it is. Doesn't help when you're winning one game a year.

I was able to see Idaho play a few times back before they left the Sun Belt. The 70-58 shootout against MTSU in 2001 was pretty exciting. I do like the glass panels that they added to let light in. Should've built it that way in the beginning IMO. I agree about the capacity, that has to be one of the smallest stadium capacities in the FBS. The current dome doesn't look like it allows for much expansion though. Think they'll ever build another on-campus stadium/dome?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was able to see Idaho play a few times back before they left the Sun Belt. The 70-58 shootout against MTSU in 2001 was pretty exciting. I do like the glass panels that they added to let light in. Should've built it that way in the beginning IMO. I agree about the capacity, that has to be one of the smallest stadium capacities in the FBS. The current dome doesn't look like it allows for much expansion though. Think they'll ever build another on-campus stadium/dome?

I believe it is the smallest in FBS. The main issue with expanding the Kibbie Dome is that it's used almost year round for various activities ( football, basketball, indoor track and field, jazz Festival, graduation etc.) so it's hard to find time to shut it down and work on it. Any new on-campus stadium would likely be a stand alone basketball venue since right now the basketball team actually has to play several games a year in Memorial Gym (which only seats 2000 or so) when the football is still using the Dome. Problem is right now I don't know where they would even be able to build an additional basketball venue. If they were able to do that then they'd have somewhere else to put a lot of the activities that usually take place in the dome, and they could actually work on expansion.

If this did happen it would be a ways in the future though. Don't see it happening anytime soon unless the football and basketball teams start winning some conference championships. Women's basketball has done that the last two seasons so maybe their success can spark something in the men's program. Who knows.