• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'd like a Tuna Sandwich

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a networking luncheon yesterday at Famous Dave's BBQ in Santa Ana. Good stuff.

Last month another partner of mine and I sat down to talk some business and shoot the breeze and she introduced me to a place called Lillie's Q, another BBQ place, in Brea. Top notch and will be taking the family there soon.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ate at The Blue Bayou in Disneyland last night for my birthday dinner. First, we made reservations 3 months ago, people were walking in impromptu, waited and were seated before us and second, even with a reservation we waited about 45 minutes (30 minutes really since we checked in at 7:45 for an 8pm reservation) before they sat us. Annoyed to say the least.

Second, I got the Slow Roasted Beef Strip Loin:

Carved-to-Order served with crispy Shoestring Onions, Blue Bayou Au Gratin Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables, and Green Peppercorn Armagnac Sauce. Choice of Blue Bayou House Salad or Cup of our Signature New Orleans Gumbo or upgrade to our zesty Shrimp Cocktail

Mine almost tasted like a prime rib. Key word, almost.

And the wife got the Pan Seared Blackened Salmon:

Cajun-spiced, served with Herb Mashed Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables, Tomato-Caper Relish, and Basil Beurre Blanc. Choice of Blue Bayou House Salad or Cup of our Signature New Orleans Gumbo or upgrade to our zesty Shrimp Cocktail

Lastly, how the hell does this place not serve alcohol? No place in Disneyland does, and I get it, last thing they need are a bunch of belligerent fools starting crap waiting in those long lines but we wanted a glass of red wine with our meals. I guess ice water had to do. We did get our drink on responsibly at California Adventure however as well as the Tiki Bar by the Disneyland Hotel.

Our bill was $85 including tip with our Disneyland Annual Pass discount and honestly it was not worth $85. Decent, but not $85 decent. Just an FYI for any of you headed that way.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations, they held down 1st place in the division for 72 hours!

=)~~

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Small chain of Italian deli's here in LA and OC called Claro's. My wife has been going there for years for specific Italian items (she's half Sicilian) in Tustin and it turns out there is one by my corp office about 35 miles north of Tustin.

A coworker suggested I go there for a solid sub about 2 months ago so now whenever I come up to the office (generally Fridays only for meetings) I go there at lunch and get the Great Grandpa Joe, get some good deli meat for the kids (black forest ham, honey roasted turkey), some homemade frozen pastas for the following week when we have activities with the kids and can't cook, wine, etc. and their sammiches are unreal.

Just got mine again today, check out the Grandpa Joe:

https://www.claros.mobi/deli.html

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was in a Mexican place in Laguna beach today. No sign out front, no menu of any kind inside. You just had to know what you wanted. Figured they had to have carna asada tacos so ordered a couple. Very good.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see this page is still dead as they come....I had a really good ribeye cheesesteak sandwich today though, and that's always a good thing.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
went to Ole omenda's for lunch today. Claim to fame was it was Nixons favorite place. The waitress and the chicken were old enough to have been served to Tricky Dicky