• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I will now eat crow

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missing the point though. When a team is ready, they can go get the player they want. Youre trying to say you cant get a top QB prospect if youre a good team. Yes... You can.... And its dramattization saying they, "gave two 1sts". No, they gave a net of one 1st. BFD. Its a good team that could very well be a QB away...

And again, this just wasnt the QB class to do what we did. I hope Im wrong. Hoping we didnt just piss away a top pick on Christian Ponder part 2...

Well, we very well could have, but there is no way Trubisky falls to 12, and the value between 2 and 12 is pretty big. (1400 pts to be exact)

I think it's every bit as dramatic stating the Bears gave up too much to move up a spot.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we very well could have, but there is no way Trubisky falls to 12, and the value between 2 and 12 is pretty big. (1400 pts to be exact)

I think it's every bit as dramatic stating the Bears gave up too much to move up a spot.

Not a perfect analogy, but I view this as a move like if the Cubs had gone out and traded for Aroldis Chapman before the rest of the core that won the World Series was in place... (And that was knowing that Chapman was a great closer)...

I'm trying to think of a past scenario where a move like this worked out well for any team... I have Akili Smith stuck in my head... LOL!]

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a perfect analogy, but I view this as a move like if the Cubs had gone out and traded for Aroldis Chapman before the rest of the core that won the World Series was in place... (And that was knowing that Chapman was a great closer)...

I'm trying to think of a past scenario where a move like this worked out well for any team... I have Akili Smith stuck in my head... LOL!]

And that's probably why he'll sit this year.

I think the Bears are not as awful as their 3-13 record indicates.

Their o-line is up and coming. Their running game is pretty damn good, and who really knows where their D is at, if yer basing it on last year, what with the slew of season-ending injuries.

The pick of Trubisky lacks luster due to the fact that he may not start right away, but I don't think anyone can fairly state that it's the end of the world either. As I've stated on here already, if he ends up a stud, nobody will give two shits about the 67th and 111th picks.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's probably why he'll sit this year.

I think the Bears are not as awful as their 3-13 record indicates.

Their o-line is up and coming. Their running game is pretty damn good, and who really knows where their D is at, if yer basing it on last year, what with the slew of season-ending injuries.

The pick of Trubisky lacks luster due to the fact that he may not start right away, but I don't think anyone can fairly state that it's the end of the world either. As I've stated on here already, if he ends up a stud, nobody will give two shits about the 67th and 111th picks.

It isn't just the picks to me though. It's the player like a Jamal Adams that we could have had that we now do not...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't just the picks to me though. It's the player like a Jamal Adams that we could have had that we now do not...

I understand that, and he would've been my pick as well. But even then, there is no guarantees with any player.

I can certainly understand the Bears feeling this was their chance to get a top QB prospect, and if they had done their due diligence with all available QBs and Trubisky was their guy, I can also appreciate them not sitting on their hands in hopes that he'd be there at 3. (Which I think there was a legitimate chance that other teams were looking to trade up to 2 to take him.) Likely Chicago was the best choice for San Francisco, not so much because of the 3rd and 4th picks, but because of the No. 3 pick...meaning they were guaranteed to still get the guy they wanted in Solomon Thomas.

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be different if this quarterback class hadn't been rated so poorly at the end of the season and the pick goes against everything the experts tell us what the right way to draft is. All we've been hearing is a #3 pick is too important to use on a developmental player yet that's what we get. If the bears didn't suck, if Pace wasn't so young and if the bears didn't have such a reputation of incompetence on offense maybe this pick wouldn't be so alarming.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had to move to get our QB. Many teams were after him and would trade in front of us to 2. Pace is thinking long term with this pick. I am 100% happy with this pick.