• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I will now eat crow

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Cutler..............btw,has that fuck stick signed with anyone yet..........?
Nah, I've been saying he's going to retire since he left Chicago. He just didn't look like he was having fun out there after sacrificing his body year after year.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I've been saying he's going to retire since he left Chicago. He just didn't look like he was having fun out there after sacrificing his body year after year.

I was really thinking he was gonna end up with the Texans....but guess not...maybe it could be he`s so bad,that no one else wants him.......?:noidea:

Just glad its over and a new beginning is here.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really thinking he was gonna end up with the Texans....but guess not...maybe it could be he`s so bad,that no one else wants him.......?:noidea:

Just glad its over and a new beginning is here.
I think it's a bit of both. Yeah, at least we are moving onto a new era. I have been waiting for this since the bears gave him that dumbass contract.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pace believes strongly that Trubs is a true franchise QB. I would be upset if he did not do what it takes to get a guy he believes in.

Better be right, because he just played every ace we had to get this guy.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better be right, because he just played every ace we had to get this guy.
Yep his job lays with this pick. I'm glad he had the fortitude to make such a move after not making a QB move in the first two drafts.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep his job lays with this pick. I'm glad he had the fortitude to make such a move after not making a QB move in the first two drafts.

Heard it last night on ESPN. My exact thoughts. Back in January, nobody had anyone in this class rated higher than a late 1st round pick... Position scarcity drove the values up for this QB draft class... This was NOT the draft to be taking a QB with a top 5 pick, much less trade up from 3 to 2 to make such a pick...

Really really really hope Im wrong...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler cared. He just tried not to show it. And Cutler is a person who would only get bashed on twitter on account of being a hated Bears QB.

That's bull shit dude, and I think you know it. Cutler didn't give a fuck about the media, and we all know damn well that had nothing to do with his downfall.

Hell... he was praised as Jesus walking into Nazareth when he got here.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard it last night on ESPN. My exact thoughts. Back in January, nobody had anyone in this class rated higher than a late 1st round pick... Position scarcity drove the values up for this QB draft class... This was NOT the draft to be taking a QB with a top 5 pick, much less trade up from 3 to 2 to make such a pick...

Really really really hope Im wrong...

We haven't been at the No. 3 spot since 1972.

We've been in the top 5, three times since 1982. All being the No. 5 pick.

It sucks, but unfortunately this WAS the time. Bears luck en sech.

As I've already mentioned, the trade value was on par. Whether is was WORTH it, is yet to be seen. If the kid becomes a stud, obviously it will have been worth it. A dud, and not so much. But that will ALWAYS be the case with top 5 picks. ALWAYS. Particularly QBs.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we know now:
  • Pace obviously really liked Trubisky...
  • He didn't want to tip his hand- NOT bringing him in for interviews or workouts. (this is questionable)
  • Assumed: he explored trade market to move down in first round. Hopeful that Trubisky would still be available a little lower. (again hiding the interest in Trubisky)
  • Assumed: when teams contacted him about moving into Bears 3rd spot, Pace asked- WHO are you coming up to take? When teams said Trubisky, Pace knew he couldn't trade down.
  • Assumed: Knowing that 49er's were also offering to trade down, those teams that tried to take the Bears #3 simply tried to move in front of them with the 49er's pick.
  • Pace HAD to beat them to it- move up 1 spot.
  • 49ers NOW held all the leverage- assumed: that other teams were offering- BEARS had to out bid them.
THUS: Bears get taken for more picks than should of.

Let's see what the rest of the draft produces. They could still move out of their 2nd round pick and regain some of those picks they lost. Still lots of quality players available.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont hate Trubisky. I hate the complete lack of logic in everything we did to get to this point, only to piss away draft picks and move up one fucking spot... Pay $17 million for Glennon and give him the finger before the guy ever had a shot. Holes all over the place on this team. Hey, lets draft a QB!!!

Shit, Id have been a bit upset if we had taken him at 3, but at least make a plan of, "Hey, if he's there at 3, pull the trigger. If not, we get a stud on D."... I'm about as angry with this team as I've ever been.
This^^ I'm still scratching my head on this very reasoning? This is like Redskins dumb imo. And I think Glennon can be a very good NFL starter in this league. Good luck!

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We haven't been at the No. 3 spot since 1972.

We've been in the top 5, three times since 1982. All being the No. 5 pick.

It sucks, but unfortunately this WAS the time. Bears luck en sech.

As I've already mentioned, the trade value was on par. Whether is was WORTH it, is yet to be seen. If the kid becomes a stud, obviously it will have been worth it. A dud, and not so much. But that will ALWAYS be the case with top 5 picks. ALWAYS. Particularly QBs.

Sorry, I completely disagree. We showed how seldom we've held a top 5 pick by how much we panicked with it... Trade value chart doesnt mean dick when you can get your guy by staying put.... Like what the Cardinals did. They wanted a QB by all accounts, but stood pat at 13... So a QB didnt fall to them, and they took a great defensive prospect, and.... here's the kicker.... still have their 3rd, their 4th and their 3rd next year...

When it is TIME to get a QB, or you see that guy you MUST have, AND.... AND.... You're in a position where youre ready to win now? By all fucking means, pull the trigger and go get him!

This is a 1980s Colts move... Plain and simple... We bought into the hype of an inflated QB market. This was NOT a goo QB class three months ago. They didnt suddenly get good... Sorry.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I completely disagree. We showed how seldom we've held a top 5 pick by how much we panicked with it... Trade value chart doesnt mean dick when you can get your guy by staying put.... Like what the Cardinals did. They wanted a QB by all accounts, but stood pat at 13... So a QB didnt fall to them, and they took a great defensive prospect, and.... here's the kicker.... still have their 3rd, their 4th and their 3rd next year...

When it is TIME to get a QB, or you see that guy you MUST have, AND.... AND.... You're in a position where youre ready to win now? By all fucking means, pull the trigger and go get him!

This is a 1980s Colts move... Plain and simple... We bought into the hype of an inflated QB market. This was NOT a goo QB class three months ago. They didnt suddenly get good... Sorry.

But you can't say for certain that they would have got their guy standing pat. No one could say that, cuz no one knows for sure.

They did what they felt they needed to do to get their guy, and the trade was fair per the draft value chart.

LOL at being in position to win, but also somehow in position to get the top QB prospect?? That makes zero sense. No team is in a position to win AND in position to draft a top QB prospect.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's bull shit dude, and I think you know it. Cutler didn't give a fuck about the media, and we all know damn well that had nothing to do with his downfall.

Hell... he was praised as Jesus walking into Nazareth when he got here.
Really? Did you talk to Cutler personally about it? I don't think anyone is going to be able to survive the kind of hate he was receiving on a day to day basis. I'll bet everyday he went out in public, some yahoo in Chicago gave him shit. His wife was always sticking up for him on social media and that's not because cutler didn't care. And I remember things differently about him coming here. It was really a mixed bag. I thought it was a dumb move at the time.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen, trading up to the 2 spot takes a shit ton of value per the trade chart. The only way to lighten that load is with a high pick yourself, for example, the No. 3 pick. The disparity between 2 and 3 is still 400 pts. The value of our 3rd and 4th rounder equals 327 points.

Obviously more was needed for it to be fair to SF. Hence next years 3rd that could be valued anywhere from 80 pts to 265 pts.

This whole BS about the Niners fleecing the Bears is ESPN bullshit hype. This whole BS about the Bears giving up too much is also bullshit. Unless all those prognosticators are always right about who will succeed and who won't, and we all know they don't know jack shit.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you can't say for certain that they would have got their guy standing pat. No one could say that, cuz no one knows for sure.

They did what they felt they needed to do to get their guy, and the trade was fair per the draft value chart.

LOL at being in position to win, but also somehow in position to get the top QB prospect?? That makes zero sense. No team is in a position to win AND in position to draft a top QB prospect.

The Texans say, 'Hi'

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Texans say, 'Hi'

Yes, and they gave up two first round picks to move up to No. 12 Watson is not the top prospect. If the Bears move was desperate, so was the Texans.

The Texans were worse off (pre-draft) at the position than the Bears were.

Again, all this is based on the idea that you somehow know where Trubisky was going to go. You don't.

I don't know if it's the best pick, but I do know it's not some colossal fuck up like everyone wants to think it is. They gave up 2 late round picks for the guy they wanted. Big whoop.

If he pans out, nobody will give two fucks about those picks. The Draft is a gamble, no matter who or where you pick. That gamble is even bigger the further up the board you are.

I'd rather them have the balls to get the guy they want, than I would see them wait and hope like they did with Aaron Donald a few years back.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the guaranteed money in your FA deal with Glennon?

Makes no sense unless you can get out of that contract in a year or two without huge cap hit.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missing the point though. When a team is ready, they can go get the player they want. Youre trying to say you cant get a top QB prospect if youre a good team. Yes... You can.... And its dramattization saying they, "gave two 1sts". No, they gave a net of one 1st. BFD. Its a good team that could very well be a QB away...

And again, this just wasnt the QB class to do what we did. I hope Im wrong. Hoping we didnt just piss away a top pick on Christian Ponder part 2...

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the guaranteed money in your FA deal with Glennon?

Makes no sense unless you can get out of that contract in a year or two without huge cap hit.

We can get out after a year with something like $4 mil in dead cap space... Still think we should have really given Glennon the chance while building elsewhere....

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we know now:
  • Pace obviously really liked Trubisky...
  • He didn't want to tip his hand- NOT bringing him in for interviews or workouts. (this is questionable)
  • Assumed: he explored trade market to move down in first round. Hopeful that Trubisky would still be available a little lower. (again hiding the interest in Trubisky)
  • Assumed: when teams contacted him about moving into Bears 3rd spot, Pace asked- WHO are you coming up to take? When teams said Trubisky, Pace knew he couldn't trade down.
  • Assumed: Knowing that 49er's were also offering to trade down, those teams that tried to take the Bears #3 simply tried to move in front of them with the 49er's pick.
  • Pace HAD to beat them to it- move up 1 spot.
  • 49ers NOW held all the leverage- assumed: that other teams were offering- BEARS had to out bid them.
THUS: Bears get taken for more picks than should of.

Let's see what the rest of the draft produces. They could still move out of their 2nd round pick and regain some of those picks they lost. Still lots of quality players available.

Not true per the trade value chart. It was a fair trade, value-wise. It's all contingent upon how Trubisky pans out, but straight-up trade value was fair.