• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I will now eat crow

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow

Holy shit dude...

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also surprised.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you think you know it all, eh?

Not the QB I wanted, but they needed a QB and may not get another opportunity for a young talent like this.

You're still wrong. That doesn't change.

This move was fucking retarded.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're still wrong. That doesn't change.

This move was fucking retarded.
I never said definitively who they would pick. You eliminated QB and several other players is a very douchey way.

I do agree that I hate the move though. Given the initial reaction to the move, I see no way Trubisky succeeds in Chicago. One reason all our QBs suck is because of the negative press and added pressure from the fans. That won't change here either.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said definitively who they would pick. You eliminated QB and several other players is a very douchey way.

I do agree that I hate the move though. Given the initial reaction to the move, I see no way Trubisky succeeds in Chicago. One reason all our QBs suck is because of the negative press and added pressure from the fans. That won't change here either.

No, I eliminated it in a very logical way. You still don't take a QB "Just Because"... and because "hey... who knows where we will pick next year!". You take a QB this early because you think he's your sure-fire franchise guy. Obviously, the Bears felt this way, as we know Pace is not one to reach and he must have really been sold. He wouldn't take a QB "just because". What I don't get... is how you can be THAT sold on a guy who played 13 games in the fucking ACC.

I don't buy the "added pressure" BS. I don't think it's a factor. Either you can play or you can't. It's not like any of our QB's who didn't pan out here, went somewhere else and had success. Especially with Jay, the guy doesn't even have a Twitter. He never gave a fuck about any of that.

Look, if he pans out... wonderful. It just makes no sense at the moment.

The funny thing is, I've said on here MANY times. That I like Trubisky enough, and think he's the best QB in the draft. I just can't fathom how he's worth a pick that high.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So how is a QB ever going to succeed then with that logic? Should the Bears sell the team?

Eventually you have to try and draft a QB that has potential.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I eliminated it in a very logical way. You still don't take a QB "Just Because"... and because "hey... who knows where we will pick next year!". You take a QB this early because you think he's your sure-fire franchise guy. Obviously, the Bears felt this way, as we know Pace is not one to reach and he must have really been sold. He wouldn't take a QB "just because". What I don't get... is how you can be THAT sold on a guy who played 13 games in the fucking ACC.

I don't buy the "added pressure" BS. I don't think it's a factor. Either you can play or you can't. It's not like any of our QB's who didn't pan out here, went somewhere else and had success. Especially with Jay, the guy doesn't even have a Twitter. He never gave a fuck about any of that.

The funny thing is, I've said on here MANY times. That I like Trubisky enough, and think he's the best QB in the draft. I just can't fathom how he's worth a pick that high.

The only caveat that I would add to this, is you are rarely in the top 3 picks. What's it been, 1972 since the last time? There is a part of me that says you do have to take a QB that high.

I like it more than Ced Benson at 4

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this guy turns into a franchise QB we win the trade. Pace must have really thought high of him. I wanted him bad. Not as bad as Pace lol.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how is a QB ever going to succeed then with that logic? Should the Bears sell the team?

Eventually you have to try and draft a QB that has potential.
We probably won't ever have a QB above the league mean. They definitely would have to have some huge balls. I don't see that in Trubisky.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont hate Trubisky. I hate the complete lack of logic in everything we did to get to this point, only to piss away draft picks and move up one fucking spot... Pay $17 million for Glennon and give him the finger before the guy ever had a shot. Holes all over the place on this team. Hey, lets draft a QB!!!

Shit, Id have been a bit upset if we had taken him at 3, but at least make a plan of, "Hey, if he's there at 3, pull the trigger. If not, we get a stud on D."... I'm about as angry with this team as I've ever been.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cutler cared. He just tried not to show it. And Cutler is a person who would only get bashed on twitter on account of being a hated Bears QB.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont hate Trubisky. I hate the complete lack of logic in everything we did to get to this point, only to piss away draft picks and move up one fucking spot... Pay $17 million for Glennon and give him the finger before the guy ever had a shot. Holes all over the place on this team. Hey, lets draft a QB!!!

Shit, Id have been a bit upset if we had taken him at 3, but at least make a plan of, "Hey, if he's there at 3, pull the trigger. If not, we get a stud on D."... I'm about as angry with this team as I've ever been.
Glennon basically got a 1 year prove it deal. It was clearly a contract given on the idea that he would be a place holder and mentor for some young QB.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pace believes strongly that Trubs is a true franchise QB. I would be upset if he did not do what it takes to get a guy he believes in.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't ever? Were past due. Maybe it's here now.
Maybe, we can always hope. It's been over thirty years since we've had a QB that's above average, and another 20-30 years before that since we've had a very good QB. We are way over due.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler cared. He just tried not to show it. And Cutler is a person who would only get bashed on twitter on account of being a hated Bears QB.

Fuck Cutler..............btw,has that fuck stick signed with anyone yet..........?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I never said just because. I said we would have no guarantee at a top QB prospect in the next few drafts. I think that weighed heavily in trading up.