• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I was at the game: Things were bad.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to accomplish a few things while at the game Sunday:
I wanted to see the fans and get a general idea of what everyone thought going forward and how supportive they were towards the team. I wanted to see the players perform on the field, but mostly on the sideline to see if there was any life left in these guys. I wanted to watch Arians compared to Caldwell and of course, the Cardinals players vs ours.
Surprisingly, during the few hours of tailgating, most fans didnt seem too bummed about the state of the team but things changed very quickly during the game. The fans gave up quickly after Abdullah's first fumble. They cheered when Staff got benched and when Stanton came in the game. One fan by me tried to get our whole section to walk out early. There was also a huge fight. I wore my Stafford jersey (Georgia), which people loved but most fans think he's done.
Most of the Lions players are terrible and play with no heart. Slay needs to keep his mouth closed. He's not the player he thinks he is. Stafford, CJ, Tate and a few others look as if they aren't playing with the same energy as their opponents. I fear Caldwell has lost these guys. After Staff's third pick, there was a huge circle of players around Stafford on the sideline for about 10 minutes. On the Cardinals sideline, you could see them literally laughing at the Lions.
It didnt take long for Arians to figure out that he could run to the left side of the Lions defense. It was very obvious that he outcoached every last one of Detroit's guys. He had his players in position to win matchups. Lions coaches and players were clueless and the oline is worse than what they look like on tv. The oline does an awful job selling screen passes. Every time they do it, the defense knows it.
It was so obvious who the better team was right from the beginning. With the Cardinals, I saw a team that was focussed and knew what they were doing. They never flinched and made adjustments on the fly. They made us look like little boys.
Side note: Mayhew should've cut Bell and signed Chris Johnson. He still has some explosiveness. David Johnson is a beast in person, as well as Fitz. Tolluch is a liability on defense. Bruce Arians is a damn good coach.