• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I want to screw the cable company

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TWC sucks ass. My bill changes every damn month even though I have a "guaranteed" price. I end up on the phone for fucking hour. Plus I have to reboot my internet at least once a week.

That's what this entire thread is about Captain Obvious!! :suds:

Even with just having TWC internet only i have an issue every 3 months. But i get $20-30 off that bill. :heh: THen it's fine for a few months. They know i'm streaming so they're trying to fuck me, but i fuck them!

angry-asian-assault-o.gif

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$45/month for TWC internet - 50 mbps? That's what i have and it's worked good and i don't have to call TWC every month for some bullshit. I did have to call them at first because i wasn't getting the full 50 and they figured out why.. Now it's pretty bad ass, knock on wood. Got my own router and shit.. I'l have to look into Sony Vue - sounds good.

Well done fordman - bending over the cable company is such a good feeling. :clap2:
Pulled the trigger two weeks ago and decided to subscribe to Sony Vue. So far, I LOVE IT! We moved and I dropped Fronteir/Fios because of all the complaints and they wanted a 2 year contract, now I have internet through TWC. I hate that shit, their service is terrible. But Vue still does extremely well on it.

I bought the middle tier package for $45 a month, flat. No $20 extra in taxes and fees or another $45 in set top boxes. I have only streamed it through my PS4 and my iphone and ipad, but it is very kickass. We have chromecast we could stream it or my PS3 that is still packed away, so I'll have to report on those later. But they added ESPN so I now have ESPN and Fox Sports SW along with all of the cable channels I actually watched. if you dont' have a cable contract and you have good internet, buy Vue. It has basic DVR functionality but I'm still learning all the tips and tricks. Our internet is 50/5, but never actually gets up to those speeds because again TWC sucks. Wish Verizon never sold to Frontier, their 50/50 was always full speed no matter how many of us were using it. I've noticed a slight buffering when I first turn on the Rangers games, but after about 30 seconds it switches from looking regular definition to HD.

So short version: Sony VUE is worth every penny.

Edit: oh yeah, it doesn't get most local stations. I get a few. FOX I get, I think CBS I get, maybe NBC. But ABC isn't there and neither is the CW (for my wife, not me :L ). I got a $50 attic antenna and hooked that up to our coax and have perfect local reception via that though.
When I had TWC I was paying those bums $65 for 18mbs down. Are you on a promo? The promo I got in on was like $35/month then I never re-upped a promo because I wasn't sure if I was going to live in the same place for another 1-2 years (it turned out I was indeed going to move). and I didn't want to get locked into a contract or anything.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Charter. At least, once a day the screen freezes up for a few minutes.....interrupting whatever I'm watching. This is going to suck during football season

Last edited:

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very helpful. I will be trying this next time around. My cancellation fee is still too high cause I did the 2 year contract last time. In 9 months it will be low enough where I wont care.

Cancellation fees are the biggest fucking con of all-time imo.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else out there going with the antenna and streaming?

I just cut my sling TV last month. Now they want me to come back and sign a 3 month contract and give me a Roku 2.

So i have 45 channels on the antenna and netflix, plus Roku 2 with HBO Now free for 1 month and plenty of other apps for movies/shows. Hell the Roku 2 now has a fishing channel. :yes: Paying under $60/month for time warner internet and netflix.

Biggest thing is NO PHONE CALLS to the cable company/dealing with their BS.

Cable bastards can eat a dick

They call me all the time trying to get me to sign up for the phone and internet bundle. I'm sure cable companies lose business all the time from the telemarketing calls and people just get sick and tired of it.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I had TWC I was paying those bums $65 for 18mbs down. Are you on a promo? The promo I got in on was like $35/month then I never re-upped a promo because I wasn't sure if I was going to live in the same place for another 1-2 years (it turned out I was indeed going to move). and I didn't want to get locked into a contract or anything.

50 Mbps for 44.99/ month. It's month to month but the promo was about 3-4 months ago I think -- when I started this thread.

Last week or so I've had issues streaming. Called them twice now and it works sometimes, sometimes it doesn't. Got $20 credit last week, but if it doesn't get better this coming week... I'm gonna have a tech out and give him beers so he will help me out and then try to get the whole month for free.

Fuck the cable company!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best thing I can tell you shop around for Internet specials only and play them against each other. You may have to leave and go to another company cuz sometimes they will call your bluff/be oblivious to good customer service is.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best thing I can tell you shop around for Internet specials only and play them against each other. You may have to leave and go to another company cuz sometimes they will call your bluff/be oblivious to good customer service is.
Isn't there start up fees when ever you switch? That's been my experience when switching company's.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't there start up fees when ever you switch? That's been my experience when switching company's.

Not sure. I have my own motem and router. If it's internet only I don't believe so but you will to dig in and do your research.

How u doin Harold? I'm ready for NFC west football my man

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About to stop by Comcast office this month if this happens again.

Year ago, they gave me a great package deal rate and price was supposed to be locked in for 2 years. Well, the bill was $20 more last month after 11 months. Don't know why, but I just paid it, and made a reminder to look at Julys bill when it comes in. If it's that increased rate again, I'm paying them a visit. That's bs.

I've heard that wireless and cable companies are going through a cycle of rate increases. Heard Verizon customers just got hit with rate increases.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure. I have my own motem and router. If it's internet only I don't believe so but you will to dig in and do your research.

How u doin Harold? I'm ready for NFC west football my man
I'm so ready for the NFL season to start, that it hurts. NFC West is going to be something worth watching for sure this year. About the only reason I still have cable TV. I'm being held hostage by my love for football.:gaah:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About to stop by Comcast office this month if this happens again.

Year ago, they gave me a great package deal rate and price was supposed to be locked in for 2 years. Well, the bill was $20 more last month after 11 months. Don't know why, but I just paid it, and made a reminder to look at Julys bill when it comes in. If it's that increased rate again, I'm paying them a visit. That's bs.

I've heard that wireless and cable companies are going through a cycle of rate increases. Heard Verizon customers just got hit with rate increases.
Don't you just love the fact that you can't just look at your bill and understand why there is a increase? Frigging crooks.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you just love the fact that you can't just look at your bill and understand why there is a increase? Frigging crooks.

Well I'm sure they pull this crap all the time and just expect most to just ignore it and pay the bill. But a two year rate lock was supposed to be in effect and I'm not going to just sit back and do nothing.

I'll find out in about a week what the July bill rate is and if it's higher again, I'm heading down there to give them the biz. I've found that with these companies, squeaky wheel gets the grease. If you just ignore them, they'll keep sneaking in the increases.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some have them and some don't. When I had Time Warner they didn't charge an installation fee but Charter charged me $30.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to go in HARD and DRY on those motherfuckers!

:mad2:

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am moving and am switching to Comcast for internet. Got 150mbps internet for $75 (including router rental) plus local TV, Showtime, and HBO. I'm planning on getting PS Vue which is $35/month for the package I want that contains ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, BTN, FS1, FS2, and SEC Network in addition to quite a few others. So for $110/month, I'll have all the channels I need, plus HBO/Showtime. I was paying $160 for TWC internet/TV, plus $15 for HBO and no Showtime. I've heard good things about Vue, so I'm hoping it works out.