• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I want to screw the cable company

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole 4K deal has me thinking it's just another way for them to fuck us. Like when the iPhone 5 came out and everyone had to get new chargers, cords, etc.

On 4k...the TV manufacturers are the ones fucking us...there's very little content....and they are slowing down production on non 4k TVs to force us into 4k TVs.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is this Kodi software?

Its basically software that makes it so you have access to a crap ton of apps/add-ons that give you access to streams from all over the world, to include news, movies, sports, documentaries, tv shows, everything. I got mine through a guy I work with, he knew someone who was selling fire sticks with the Kodi stuff for $80, so I took advantage.

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its basically software that makes it so you have access to ait would lastcrap ton of apps/add-ons that give you access to streams from all over the world, to include news, movies, sports, documentaries, tv shows, everything. I got mine through a guy I work with, he knew someone who was selling fire sticks with the Kodi stuff for $80, so I took advantage.
You need one for each TV I assume, this souds very tempting, but Fordman has a point, surely the cable companies will force a stop to this.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just bought the firestick unlocked with Kodi 16 installed for $75.00. Looking forward to seeing if I like it. If I do I'll buy another for the other TV and say bye bye to the cable company. Won't get it until march 4th.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just bought the firestick unlocked with Kodi 16 installed for $75.00. Looking forward to seeing if I like it. If I do I'll buy another for the other TV and say bye bye to the cable company. Won't get it until march 4th.

The CCloud App is by far my favorite APP on the Kodi platform

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not familiar with the apps available. What is special about CCloud App?

It always delivers pretty consistent streams. And it has channels from all over the world. So many choices

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuck those cable bastards Harold!! ;) Let me know what channels/shit you get.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO last weekend I watched:

NCAA bball, golf, and those racist Oscar's on my antenna TV (got sick of Chris Rock's poor me black ass lines).
Watched some Netflix, little Sling TV on the Roku 2 - more NCAA ball and bullshit.

I love sitting back watching TV knowing I am fucking those cable lying dipshits.

Feels reeeeeeel good

bliss.gif

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcon_9f7bc3_971708.gif

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck those cable bastards Harold!! ;) Let me know what channels/shit you get.

Just got the fire stick with kodi! :yes: Got it installed, but need to get more add ons. It only came with a few installed. Learning how to navigate is going to take a bit. However I can say this, there is so much to watch already it's amazing.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 5 newer model TVs. I have DirecTV on all of them. My 14 year old grandson has an Xbox 360 in his room and he gets anything he wants or I want with the Xbox. I don't have a clue to anything he's doing but he can watch a UFC Fight or stream YouTube, movies and OnDemand. he can also do stuff on the TV with his IPhone 5. I check my bill every month and whatever he's doing, it's not costing me anything.

If you have an Xbox you have to buy something from Microsoft for $60 and if you have any technical knowledge, you can do what he (Grandson) is doing.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 5 newer model TVs. I have DirecTV on all of them. My 14 year old grandson has an Xbox 360 in his room and he gets anything he wants or I want with the Xbox. I don't have a clue to anything he's doing but he can watch a UFC Fight or stream YouTube, movies and OnDemand. he can also do stuff on the TV with his IPhone 5. I check my bill every month and whatever he's doing, it's not costing me anything.

If you have an Xbox you have to buy something from Microsoft for $60 and if you have any technical knowledge, you can do what he (Grandson) is doing.

Ken, he's likely venturing into the world of pirated content. KODI is an open source derivative of XBMC (xbox media center) and it's addons and iphone addons should be scrutinized. Don't get me started on Apple and their extremely lax attitude towards security. Since your xbox is tied to subscription billing you may want to investigate what your Grandson is doing - for his sake and yours.

This is from KODI:
Over the past few years it’s become clear that many users have been watching pirated content using unofficial and unsupported add-ons that frequently break, and they are installing add-on repositories whose trustworthiness is questionable, leaving themselves open to numerous security exploits. Lately there’s even been a move to install “builds,” which intentionally break Kodi and, much like viruses, are almost impossible to uninstall, but have the benefit of adding LOTS of untrustworthy repos full of add-ons that don’t work.

Team Kodi maintains an officially neutral stance on what users do with their own software. Kodi is open source software, and as long as the GPL is followed, you are welcome to do with it as you like. So while we don’t love this use of Kodi, as long as you know what illegal and potentially dangerous things you are getting yourself into and accept the fact that the Team will not be providing you with any support, then you are welcome to do what you like.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken, he's likely venturing into the world of pirated content. KODI is an open source derivative of XBMC (xbox media center) and it's addons and iphone addons should be scrutinized. Don't get me started on Apple and their extremely lax attitude towards security. Since your xbox is tied to subscription billing you may want to investigate what your Grandson is doing - for his sake and yours.

Thanks for the warning and the info. I'll do my best to try to keep him out of trouble and doing anything "illegal".
I appreciate your info and concern.....BK

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole 4K deal has me thinking it's just another way for them to fuck us. Like when the iPhone 5 came out and everyone had to get new chargers, cords, etc.
Netflix has a handful of 4K content and the nature videos practically look 3D. They're pretty cool. I know DirecTV is rolling out some 4K channels this year but I agree with you that it isn't quite worth it yet. Amazon Prime has some UHD (ultra high definition) content too but they're kind of tough to find.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's that time of year again to dump cable for 6 months or so...not an easy thing weaning ones self of that crack cocaine cable. Takes the right meds to safely come down off the hard addiction called cable tv. This process takes me a bout a week or two to settle back into the HD antenna and Roku again. I'll miss my sports, March Madness, NHL, NBA and the rest of my gang, but it is time to move on again.

Cutting the cable...PRICELESS!