• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I want to screw the cable company

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
time for my yearly call to AT&T....shit..there goes 45 mins ill never get back.

i heard silence in golden and they will just start offering deals if you don't say anything

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
time for my yearly call to AT&T....shit..there goes 45 mins ill never get back.

i heard silence in golden and they will just start offering deals if you don't say anything

Another reason I only have Internet thru the cable company. Don't have to make that call every other month any more

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very helpful. I will be trying this next time around. My cancellation fee is still too high cause I did the 2 year contract last time. In 9 months it will be low enough where I wont care.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else out there going with the antenna and streaming?

I just cut my sling TV last month. Now they want me to come back and sign a 3 month contract and give me a Roku 2.

So i have 45 channels on the antenna and netflix, plus Roku 2 with HBO Now free for 1 month and plenty of other apps for movies/shows. Hell the Roku 2 now has a fishing channel. :yes: Paying under $60/month for time warner internet and netflix.

Biggest thing is NO PHONE CALLS to the cable company/dealing with their BS.

Cable bastards can eat a dick

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just cut my sling TV last month. Now they want me to come back and sign a 3 month contract and give me a Roku 2.

So i have 45 channels on the antenna and netflix, plus Roku 2 with HBO Now free for 1 month and plenty of other apps for movies/shows. Hell the Roku 2 now has a fishing channel. :yes: Paying under $60/month for time warner internet and netflix.

I'm using an android tv box now, it's much better than my roku and chromecast.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to call em up and say:::::::::::

You-suck-GIF.gif

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm using an android tv box now, it's much better than my roku and chromecast.

Is that the one they call G-Box? Heard that can get pretty much every channel if it is finagled the right way. Need more info, but TBH I hate Google just as much as Cable.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,771.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have Charter and just TV.....those fuckers call me multiple times a day trying to sell me on the phone (seriously?) and internet. I have my internet with somebody else.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,771.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously.....why have a fucking landline when cell phones provide unlimited minutes nowadays?

GTFOH.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously.....why have a fucking landline when cell phones provide unlimited minutes nowadays?

GTFOH.

What in THE hell is a landline? :heh:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Charter and just TV.....those fuckers call me multiple times a day trying to sell me on the phone (seriously?) and internet. I have my internet with somebody else.

I've been getting this random 800 phone call from TWC and all I have from them is internet. I'm waiting for the dipshits to turn it off cuz they haven't bent me over for a months now.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been getting this random 800 phone call from TWC and all I have from them is internet. I'm waiting for the dipshits to turn it off cuz they haven't bent me over for a months now.
See that's why I got a landline. I never answer it, but if I have to give a number out to someone I never want to hear from, I give that number. Worth the ten $ not to be bugged on my mobile.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See that's why I got a landline. I never answer it, but if I have to give a number out to someone I never want to hear from, I give that number. Worth the ten $ not to be bugged on my mobile.

900 #s don't count as a landline Harold

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pulled the trigger two weeks ago and decided to subscribe to Sony Vue. So far, I LOVE IT! We moved and I dropped Fronteir/Fios because of all the complaints and they wanted a 2 year contract, now I have internet through TWC. I hate that shit, their service is terrible. But Vue still does extremely well on it.

I bought the middle tier package for $45 a month, flat. No $20 extra in taxes and fees or another $45 in set top boxes. I have only streamed it through my PS4 and my iphone and ipad, but it is very kickass. We have chromecast we could stream it or my PS3 that is still packed away, so I'll have to report on those later. But they added ESPN so I now have ESPN and Fox Sports SW along with all of the cable channels I actually watched. if you dont' have a cable contract and you have good internet, buy Vue. It has basic DVR functionality but I'm still learning all the tips and tricks. Our internet is 50/5, but never actually gets up to those speeds because again TWC sucks. Wish Verizon never sold to Frontier, their 50/50 was always full speed no matter how many of us were using it. I've noticed a slight buffering when I first turn on the Rangers games, but after about 30 seconds it switches from looking regular definition to HD.

So short version: Sony VUE is worth every penny.

Edit: oh yeah, it doesn't get most local stations. I get a few. FOX I get, I think CBS I get, maybe NBC. But ABC isn't there and neither is the CW (for my wife, not me :L ). I got a $50 attic antenna and hooked that up to our coax and have perfect local reception via that though.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pulled the trigger two weeks ago and decided to subscribe to Sony Vue. So far, I LOVE IT! We moved and I dropped Fronteir/Fios because of all the complaints and they wanted a 2 year contract, now I have internet through TWC. I hate that shit, their service is terrible. But Vue still does extremely well on it.

I bought the middle tier package for $45 a month, flat. No $20 extra in taxes and fees or another $45 in set top boxes. I have only streamed it through my PS4 and my iphone and ipad, but it is very kickass. We have chromecast we could stream it or my PS3 that is still packed away, so I'll have to report on those later. But they added ESPN so I now have ESPN and Fox Sports SW along with all of the cable channels I actually watched. if you dont' have a cable contract and you have good internet, buy Vue. It has basic DVR functionality but I'm still learning all the tips and tricks. Our internet is 50/5, but never actually gets up to those speeds because again TWC sucks. Wish Verizon never sold to Frontier, their 50/50 was always full speed no matter how many of us were using it. I've noticed a slight buffering when I first turn on the Rangers games, but after about 30 seconds it switches from looking regular definition to HD.

So short version: Sony VUE is worth every penny.

Edit: oh yeah, it doesn't get most local stations. I get a few. FOX I get, I think CBS I get, maybe NBC. But ABC isn't there and neither is the CW (for my wife, not me :L ). I got a $50 attic antenna and hooked that up to our coax and have perfect local reception via that though.

$45/month for TWC internet - 50 mbps? That's what i have and it's worked good and i don't have to call TWC every month for some bullshit. I did have to call them at first because i wasn't getting the full 50 and they figured out why.. Now it's pretty bad ass, knock on wood. Got my own router and shit.. I'l have to look into Sony Vue - sounds good.

Well done fordman - bending over the cable company is such a good feeling. :clap2:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'll call them. I have the router that they supposedly send that is their top of the line, I bought it. It sends out a 2.5ghz and a 5ghz signal. As soon as something starts streaming on the 5ghz all other devices speeds are cut in half. And the router I moved to the middle of the house. I hardwired my PS4 last night and get the full 50mbs now.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$45/month for TWC internet - 50 mbps? That's what i have and it's worked good and i don't have to call TWC every month for some bullshit. I did have to call them at first because i wasn't getting the full 50 and they figured out why.. Now it's pretty bad ass, knock on wood. Got my own router and shit.. I'l have to look into Sony Vue - sounds good.

Well done fordman - bending over the cable company is such a good feeling. :clap2:

What...Who is TWC?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What...Who is TWC?

Time Warner Cable. You are better off not knowing them. This actually reminds me i need to call to have a tech come out and figure out wth is going on with my internet. About every 3 months it seems the speed slows way down like they know I'm fuckin them real good!!

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time Warner Cable. You are better off not knowing them. This actually reminds me i need to call to have a tech come out and figure out wth is going on with my internet. About every 3 months it seems the speed slows way down like they know I'm fuckin them real good!!

TWC sucks ass. My bill changes every damn month even though I have a "guaranteed" price. I end up on the phone for fucking hour. Plus I have to reboot my internet at least once a week.