• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Want To Be Zack Martin's Agent

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We want $70,000,000 in a 5 year deal........$40,000,000 guaranteed.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4% of that would net you $2.8 Million Mr. Agent...

Do we know the agents are getting 4%? I'm certain that there is no standard commission and that all commissions are subject to negotiations.

Obviously not the same thing but for reference, on real estate transactions in MD you can typically expect 2.5-3.5% commission depending if you are buyer or seller agent - in rare cases you can get as much as 6%, even heard of a lady who was successfully negotiating 7% commissions on her RE sales. In my experience the larger the dollar amount the lower the commission percentage.

That said, I would love to be Zack Martin's agent. That's an easy job.

Source: am RE agent

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we know the agents are getting 4%? I'm certain that there is no standard commission and that all commissions are subject to negotiations.

Obviously not the same thing but for reference, on real estate transactions in MD you can typically expect 2.5-3.5% commission depending if you are buyer or seller agent - in rare cases you can get as much as 6%, even heard of a lady who was successfully negotiating 7% commissions on her RE sales. In my experience the larger the dollar amount the lower the commission percentage.

I don't remember what it is, but there is a cap. For some reason I thought it was 2% max

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember what it is, but there is a cap. For some reason I thought it was 2% max
That sounds more likely to me. I don't honestly know, never bothered to inquire.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had heard 4% once, might have been for another sport. Even 2% ain't a bad gig...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just looked it up, 3% cap in NFL

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if I were the cowboys I would have the contract printed today and signed tonight and be dancing in the streets with that deal.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the thing. Every player has a value. Just because the guy is the best Guard in the League and maybe by a lot doesn't mean you just sign him as if the price doesn't matter. The two sides still need to agree on a "fair contract amount". If he wants more than you want to give you need to let him go. It would suck but it is just the way life works with a cap. As far as the offer above, I think that is pretty fair, but my gut tells me that Martin and his agent see him as more than $670,000 a year better than Andrew Norwell and quite frankly, I do too. The Franchise tag is $14M. I forgot all OL were lumped together and was thinking for Guards it was probably around $12M. The only power the team holds in negotiations to try to get a fair deal is tagging him. I'm surprised a deal wasn't already done, but I'm not really concerned. He is here through 2019 either way. If he would sign for 5-$70M I think Dallas would be foolish to not jump at it so my gut tells me he is asking for quite a bit more than that.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the thing. Every player has a value. Just because the guy is the best Guard in the League and maybe by a lot doesn't mean you just sign him as if the price doesn't matter. The two sides still need to agree on a "fair contract amount". If he wants more than you want to give you need to let him go. It would suck but it is just the way life works with a cap. As far as the offer above, I think that is pretty fair, but my gut tells me that Martin and his agent see him as more than $670,000 a year better than Andrew Norwell and quite frankly, I do too. The Franchise tag is $14M. I forgot all OL were lumped together and was thinking for Guards it was probably around $12M. The only power the team holds in negotiations to try to get a fair deal is tagging him. I'm surprised a deal wasn't already done, but I'm not really concerned. He is here through 2019 either way. If he would sign for 5-$70M I think Dallas would be foolish to not jump at it so my gut tells me he is asking for quite a bit more than that.

I'm almost certain you are right. Martin and his agent have to be asking for more. And they are justified in doing so. Martin is next level compared to the guys at the top of the salary scale for guards, and there isn't much argument against it. 4 years, 4 All-Pro selections. Dallas should have 'blown him away" with an offer last year, *maybe* then they could have gotten somewhere close to 5y/70m 50%guarantee.

What's appropriate? 5y/75m w/ 40m guarantee?

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin is supposedly getting a 6 year deal
We want $70,000,000 in a 5 year deal........$40,000,000 guaranteed.

I was 1 year and maybe 14 million off.........my guaranteed money maybe close

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 years 84 million 40 guaranteed

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally worth it. T.Smith and Frederick are awesome, they both play more important positions, but Martin is the best individual performer on the line IMO. Martin's impact on the team since day 1 has been absolutely tremendous.