• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

i think we win it all this year

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's finally going to happen. this is the most confident i've felt about an eagles team, ever. part of that comes from no one else really standing out in the league.. AFC or NFC. i definitely see the eagles getting homefield throughout. who is going to stop them at the linc?

the defense is balanced and loaded. teams cannot run the ball consistently at all. just an occasional nice run. then it's quickly back to no gain or a loss, forcing them into long yardage situations, where the defense excels. they can even afford an injury or two and still have darby coming back.

the offense is just as balanced and loaded, especially with the ajayi addition. aside from wentz getting hurt, the only area that would truly slow the team down is more o-line issues.

there are only 3 teams in the AFC truly capable of winning it all. the pats, steelers and chiefs. and all 3 are wildly inconsistent and not as strong as the eagles. i think it's going to come down to the eagles against the pats or steelers. and i love the eagles chances.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's finally going to happen. this is the most confident i've felt about an eagles team, ever. part of that comes from no one else really standing out in the league.. AFC or NFC. i definitely see the eagles getting homefield throughout. who is going to stop them at the linc?

the defense is balanced and loaded. teams cannot run the ball consistently at all. just an occasional nice run. then it's quickly back to no gain or a loss, forcing them into long yardage situations, where the defense excels. they can even afford an injury or two and still have darby coming back.

the offense is just as balanced and loaded, especially with the ajayi addition. aside from wentz getting hurt, the only area that would truly slow the team down is more o-line issues.

there are only 3 teams in the AFC truly capable of winning it all. the pats, steelers and chiefs. and all 3 are wildly inconsistent and not as strong as the eagles. i think it's going to come down to the eagles against the pats or steelers. and i love the eagles chances.
kiss-of-death-o.gif

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real season starts after the bye, but we definitely dominated the early season. Let's see what happens after the bye. That derailed us last year.

Feeling really good about the coaching staff, the defense and the QB in any environment.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not too early to get excited. The team is as good as anyone. But we all know anyone can get hot in the playoffs, and they need to keep up this momentum over the second half of the season, when the schedule gets tougher, with Dallas twice, Seattle and LA Rams on the list of opponents.

That said...this team seems to have depth and confidence. They are answering the bell every week, and getting better. They sense they have a chance to be special.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very excited and am sure we will make the playoffs. After Cowboys, Rams, if we are 11-1 I will be on board with the Super Bowl talk. :D :D

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOT="Ojb81, post: 10817558, member: 5074"]
kiss-of-death-o.gif
[/QUOTE]

Exactly

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are better then I thought after watching yesterday's game but I think there's a lot of good teams in the NFC especially Dallas. That offense is freaking kick you in the nuts and spit on you good.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very excited about this team as well... But people forget how much we not only won, but DOMINATED the 2004 season that we went to the SB. We had an insane 4 weeks off for the starters going into the playoffs.

Btw, after the first 9 games.. we were also 8-1

That said, we are outscoring even that season on offense, altho our defense was more stingy in 2004. For fun, a little comparison.... thru the first 9 games...

Offense
2004 238 points scored (26.4 ppg avg)
2017 290 points scored (32.2 ppg avg)

defense
2004 152 points allowed (16.9 ppg avg allowed)
2017 172 points allowed (19.1 ppg avg allowed)

The 4 games after the bye will tell a lot (less CHI game). IF we can come out of that 3-1 at the least, we will have truly won some big games and be playoff ready. Lets hope we can keep getting some injured players back and peak at the right time.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still a long way to go and too many factors involved (mainly potential injuries) to get excited about the Super Bowl this early. That being said, we do have a damn good football team on our hands. Here's a clip of Cris Carter schooling another schmuck on ESPN Nick Wright trying to downplay our success. Who knows what the future holds, but this idiot trying to compare Jared Goff throwing 4 TD's against the Giants with the 26th ranked Defense on top of suspending their best Corner for the game ... to Wentz putting up 4 TD's against the best Defense in the game is too funny. Then he tries to defend Goff having 10 less TD's to them having Gurley and not taking into account that we have the 2nd most rushing yards in the league?!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reasons why we are a solid SB contender:

CARSON WENTZ - almost too good to be true!
DOUG PEDERSON - learned from Reid, but is more flexible.
JIM SCHWARTZ - finally has enough pieces to be great.
HOWIE ROSEMAN - learned how to be a very good GM, and listens to Joe Douglas. He makes fantastic trades.
JEFF LURIE - has always given the GM and coach free reins to succeed.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still a long way to go and too many factors involved (mainly potential injuries) to get excited about the Super Bowl this early. That being said, we do have a damn good football team on our hands. Here's a clip of Cris Carter schooling another schmuck on ESPN Nick Wright trying to downplay our success. Who knows what the future holds, but this idiot trying to compare Jared Goff throwing 4 TD's against the Giants with the 26th ranked Defense on top of suspending their best Corner for the game ... to Wentz putting up 4 TD's against the best Defense in the game is too funny. Then he tries to defend Goff having 10 less TD's to them having Gurley and not taking into account that we have the 2nd most rushing yards in the league?!
Good job by CC to make Nick Wright look like the moron he is. Even Jenna Wolf gets into the action.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Aren't you the same guy who said Pederson is an idiot? He's as responsible for the 8-1 start as anyone... gotta give him some love too if you really think we're going to win it all this year.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job by CC to make Nick Wright look like the moron he is. Even Jenna Wolf gets into the action.

I don't know where they found Nick Wright from, he's a complete goof. Unless the design of the show is for him to be the Devil's Advocate on everything discussed. But he actually looks like he believes what he's saying so I'm thinking he's a goof.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@eaglesnut getting ahead of himself again...

still hate this fucking thread.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Philly be able to retain both Wentz and Foles after all this?

How would that work out in training camp?

Its a good problem to have, but do you think either Foles or Wentz wants to sit on the bench?

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Philly be able to retain both Wentz and Foles after all this?

How would that work out in training camp?

Its a good problem to have, but do you think either Foles or Wentz wants to sit on the bench?

Both are under contract for next year and Wentz might not be 100% to start the year. Gotta keep both until the outlook on Carson's knee is more clear.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@eaglesnut getting ahead of himself again...

still hate this fucking thread.
I've been ahead of you all year. I called this a Super Bowl capable team back before any of these wins. It's about seeing the future. I saw Doug and I saw the defense. These things were not hidden. We have dominated the entire season. The Pats are looking up at us, all they really have is their legacy and a weak year beating up on the pathetic AFC. I don't always see it this clearly, but this year was something special. Shoot me.