• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I think I'm done with the NBA2K Franchise

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have to have the worst support for any major sports game out there. There was about 2-3 months where the game couldn't even load (as in completely unplayable) this winter and their servers constantly kick me for no reason. This isn't the first year their game had issues either; last year the game wouldn't work on multi-player at all with friends unless you went to The Park.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That loading screen thing pissed me off to no end. You're not exaggerating. It went literally months before they even bothered acknowledging it was a problem. Not fix, ACKNOWLEDGE. People were constantly complaining about the issue and all 2k did was send a response saying "its an internet issue on your end" which was utter horseshit. When they finally did get around to it, they never really "fixed" it. While it no longer stays 20 minutes on the logo screen, for me, it usually takes 1.5, 2, sometimes even 3 minutes to sift through menu screens. It's so annoying. I'm not one of these people that complains about the gameplay not being 99.9% accurate, I actually think that's pretty good, but 2k deserves all the shit a mountain can hold for not being able to produce a game with basic functionality.

2k17 was the first basketball game I had bought in years and how sloppy the functionality was and especially the horrendous support 2k has, I've shut out 2k games all together. No matter the franchise, I'm not buying any 2k game until I see people talking about how its improved.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People complain about Destiny 2 not justifying its price tag as a sequel but man....I've only played about 8 games of NBA 2k the past 3 years because its gotten just as bad as Madden with incremental changes and some years being more sideways than actual improvement.

Those kind of server issues usually kill a game. It happened to Twisted Metal on the PS3 and pretty much killed that franchise.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I play offline, so no complaints from me.
You must have bought it after the menu problems were fixed. Honestly, that's the most playable portion of the game and it's kind of sad that they can't improve on the other stuff. It has the potential to be so much more but they're not going to waste their time on it.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never play sports game online. I usually just keep to my player mode.