• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I really isn't THAT loud in Seattle's stadium

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice thread...

When's the last time Slayer caused 2 measurable earthquakes?

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troll's still just can't get it through their heads.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at a Slayer concert a few weeks ago and that was loud. I mean, you could feel your bones rattling.

Indoor, amplified sound vs outdoor, natural sound. There is no comparison. Put a dome on Seattle's stadium and they could easily have gone over 150db last night.

For the longest time The Who held the record of loudest band at 126db, KISS once went over 136db but were forced to turn down the volume. There are many stories of bands playing so loud they actually damage the venue. The Foo Fighters have had a concert measured on a seismograph. So, in all honesty, you should expect "bone rattling" sound from any decent rock band at any decent venue, it's really not all that impressive. I've been to classical music concerts where the orchestra was able to create bone rattling sound for brief periods of time.

A crowd, creating that kind of noise, just by the combining of their voices, that is impressive.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indoor, amplified sound vs outdoor, natural sound. There is no comparison. Put a dome on Seattle's stadium and they could easily have gone over 150db last night.

For the longest time The Who held the record of loudest band at 126db, KISS once went over 136db but were forced to turn down the volume. There are many stories of bands playing so loud they actually damage the venue. The Foo Fighters have had a concert measured on a seismograph. So, in all honesty, you should expect "bone rattling" sound from any decent rock band at any decent venue, it's really not all that impressive. I've been to classical music concerts where the orchestra was able to create bone rattling sound for brief periods of time.

A crowd, creating that kind of noise, just by the combining of their voices, that is impressive.

This is why KC will NEVER vote for the Rolling Roof plan that refuses to die (beyond the taxes).

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No comparison between Foo Fighters and Slayer as far as loudness. It is not even that but also how long it is sustained. Every moment of every song is loud. There are no breaks.