• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I may not watch the Super Bowl now

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Tim Tebow is taking his star power to sport's biggest stage.

The former Florida quarterback and his mother will appear in a 30-second commercial during the Super Bowl next month. The Christian group Focus on the Family says the Tebows will share a personal story centering on the theme "Celebrate Family, Celebrate Life."

The group isn't releasing details, but the commercial is likely to be an anti-abortion message chronicling Pam Tebow's 1987 pregnancy. After getting sick during a mission trip to the Philippines, she ignored a recommendation by doctors to abort her fifth child and gave birth to Tim.

The 2007 Heisman Trophy winner ended his college career with several NCAA, Southeastern Conference and school records, and two national championships. Tebow also has been very involved in his family's Christian-based ministry.

Jim Daly, president and CEO of Focus on the Family, said the commercial comes at a time when "families need to be inspired."

"Tim and Pam share our respect for life and our passion for helping families thrive," Daly said. "Focus on the Family is about ... strengthening families by empowering them with the tools they need to live lives rooted in morals and values."

Thirty-second commercials during the Super Bowl are selling for between $2.5 million and $2.8 million. Daly said all the funds for the ad came from a handful of "very generous and committed friends," and that no money from the group's general fund was used.

"Now that the ad has been shot, we're excited to tell people it's coming because the Tebows' story is such an important one for our culture to hear," he said. "You won't want to miss it."

As people from the other board know, I don't go political. So I am by no means trying to make this a political issue and trying to pick a side. People from the other board also know that I am a jerk that says what I want. So with that being said.

I wish Mrs. Tebow would have followed her doctors advise. I am going to fucking puke if I see this commercial. This is one of the reasons I hate politics, hardcore religious freaks, and Tim Tebow. They all try to force their beliefs onto others and shove it in your face. I WANT TO WATCH MY FOOTBALL WITH OUT GETTING PREACHED TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ESPECIALLY WHEN IT IS THE LAST GAME OF FOOTBALL UNTIL AUGUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD GOD I CAN NOT STAND THESE FUCKERS AND I AM MORE GLAD THAN EVER THAT I HAVE A MESSAGE BOARD NOW THAT I CAN EXPRESS MYSELF FREELY AND SHOW HOW I TRULY FUCKING FEEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Suhsyourdaddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with 100% that the Super Bowl is not a correct forum for these kind of agenda's, but really? You wish Tim Tebow was aborted? You're a twister, bitter fuck. That's all.

fredmelmackian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
you mean god is not a dallas cowboy fan? that goes for pointing to the sky and and writing bible fairy tale verse references on eye black. the religious don't even read their own fairy tale book. heysoose gave his "apostles" specific instructions on how to witness to people and it's NOT in a public forum! including television.

btw: have you people who call yourselves christians sold everything you own and give it to the poor and leave your family behind as heysoose COMMANDED!!! (that question is for you to ponder in your mind without discussion since we can't argue over wheather heysoose is attributed to saying it- it's plainly written in your fairy tale manual)

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an adopted child, I am Pro-Life (In most situations) Due to the fact that there would need to be a fine line drawn in some sort of legislation, I believe this debate will rage on for years to come. I'm glad Tebow will speak on the issue, I just wish that someone else would do it instead. I could give a fuck less what a 21 year old football player has to say about it. And I could give a fuck less about the idiots that are swayed one way or another because he did it.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with 100% that the Super Bowl is not a correct forum for these kind of agenda's, but really? You wish Tim Tebow was aborted? You're a twister, bitter fuck. That's all.

Twister? I am assuming you meant twisted so yes.

Bitter? Not bitter at all. Just sick of the preachy, pretentious, religious freaks that think we all need to be saved by their agendas. Do I really wish Tim Christ would have been aborted? No. Do I really wish Jesus Tebow would die? No. The good news is though that if either of those 2 would have happened then 3 days later he would just come back to life anyway. So either way he still would have been around.

I am a religious person but I believe that what I believe in is a personal relationship with me and what ever it is that I believe in. I don't need to preach to anyone about my beliefs considering I am not perfect. At the same time I give everyone else the right and respect to believe in whatever they want to don't want to believe in. I don't snub my nose at them and try to make myself be superior to them.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twister? I am assuming you meant twisted so yes.

Bitter? Not bitter at all. Just sick of the preachy, pretentious, religious freaks that think we all need to be saved by their agendas. Do I really wish Tim Christ would have been aborted? No. Do I really wish Jesus Tebow would die? No. The good news is though that if either of those 2 would have happened then 3 days later he would just come back to life anyway. So either way he still would have been around.

I am a religious person but I believe that what I believe in is a personal relationship with me and what ever it is that I believe in. I don't need to preach to anyone about my beliefs considering I am not perfect. At the same time I give everyone else the right and respect to believe in whatever they want to don't want to believe in. I don't snub my nose at them and try to make myself be superior to them.

That's pretty funny, the part I highlighted that is.....also, the part I underlined is exactly right. And the same goes for people who don't believe in anything.....there is no need for them to preach either; but it seems as though they are the ones preaching more than anyone nowadays. Of course all they want is attention.

Fumble_Rooskie

Big Red Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This reminds me of my favorite picture - the Tim Tebow Halloween Costume.

tim_tebow_halloween.jpg