• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I like Elias

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There I said it.... he does allow too many guys on base but he's got some junk yard dog in him which I like. He's got good stuff, curve ball is nasty.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with you. I have always liked Elias... I have always thought he is an excellent 4-5 guy in the rotation but he has the "stuff" to pitch like a number 2 on any given day. Of course the days he looks like a #2 are fewer than the days he looks like a 4-5. Did that make sense?

Anyway i like Elias I hope he pitches well moving forward. The Mariners could really use some dominating pitching during the road trip.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with you. I have always liked Elias... I have always thought he is an excellent 4-5 guy in the rotation but he has the "stuff" to pitch like a number 2 on any given day. Of course the days he looks like a #2 are fewer than the days he looks like a 4-5. Did that make sense?

Anyway i like Elias I hope he pitches well moving forward. The Mariners could really use some dominating pitching during the road trip.

yup Im picking up what your laying down.

I think that the people who were so up in arms in spring about happ being handed a rotation spot were more angry that Elias didn't get that shot. Obviously having Happ in the rotation has been huge so far. And now Elias is up for atleast one or maybe two more starts.

I was listening to a podcast the other day, they were interviewing ahhh Im spacing on his name now, the old Mets GM who is on espn alot. Anway. He said that its not about how dominant your top stars are. Or even how deep your 25 man roster is, but to have a truly good year you need to have depth throughout your entire 40 man.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup Im picking up what your laying down.

I think that the people who were so up in arms in spring about happ being handed a rotation spot were more angry that Elias didn't get that shot. Obviously having Happ in the rotation has been huge so far. And now Elias is up for atleast one or maybe two more starts.

I was listening to a podcast the other day, they were interviewing ahhh Im spacing on his name now, the old Mets GM who is on espn alot. Anway. He said that its not about how dominant your top stars are. Or even how deep your 25 man roster is, but to have a truly good year you need to have depth throughout your entire 40 man.
I agree with this. Unfortunately our SP depth is not that deep. We already have unproven guys (Walker, to an extent Paxton) and once you get past the current 1-5 starters and look into the 6,7 and 8th starter on the 40 man, outside of Elias there isn't much experience there. We won't make it through a season only using 6 starters. So somebody else will have to step up at some point.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the Elias to the minors to start the season move. One, he was ready after having a bad spring. Two, Happ couldn't go down so it was either Elias or Paxton or Walker going down. I think the choice was right and now Elias is up and the plan worked. Now if we need another SP, we are screwed.