• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hope the Sox don't trade Avi

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least not this season. In theory, we'd get more in return if the Sox traded him this year, especially by the trade deadline, being he still has one more full year after this on his contract. That always carries additional value. Yet he's been sidelined for a good part of the year, and that has likely reduced his trade worth.

Still, during the short periods he has been healthy, he's been pretty productive. He's been going yard at a greater clip than any time since playing for our club. His full season HR projection would be somewhere around 38 dingers. That's impressive by anyone's standards. Is this just circumstance or has Avi finally learned how to tap into his power?

If he keeps this up and better yet, can carry this over to 2019, it would probably increase his value, even tho that's his walk year. Maybe Hahn would even consider extending his contract, altho I'm sure Avi would love to explore the open market in 2020. In any event, unless some team offers a trade that Hahn would be a fool for turning down, I say keep him on the roster for the immediate future.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know... He's been impressive since the big hamstring injury early on. However, having a "good" player who plays 80-100 games per year isn't worth getting caught up about. IMO

Hope he can stay healthy. If we moved him, I'd get it though. If he stays - also fine by me.