• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hope the Pacers face the Cavs in the first round

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I never said anything about his contractual value. I just said he's best served as a backup point guard. There are lots of backup PG's making that amount and relative to the cap, it's not absurd at all.

Quit taking things so personal. Everything I have said about Collison was complimentary. He just has a limit to his future potential, especially after being in the league for 9 years and him already being 30 years old. I would absolutely love him to be the Warriors backup PG right now given their situation. But I wouldn't want him as my starting PG, ever. The only way he's a starting PG on your team is if you already have 3 all-stars in the lineup. As you do not have them with the Pacers, you need to consider upgrading the position.

Exactly. Collison is arguably one of the best backup/spot starter type point guards in the league. Just about every team in the league would love to have him.

But as you point out, if he's your full time starting pg, you better have 3 all stars around him if you want to be a contender.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I never said anything about his contractual value. I just said he's best served as a backup point guard. There are lots of backup PG's making that amount and relative to the cap, it's not absurd at all.

Quit taking things so personal. Everything I have said about Collison was complimentary. He just has a limit to his future potential, especially after being in the league for 9 years and him already being 30 years old. I would absolutely love him to be the Warriors backup PG right now given their situation. But I wouldn't want him as my starting PG, ever. The only way he's a starting PG on your team is if you already have 3 all-stars in the lineup. As you do not have them with the Pacers, you need to consider upgrading the position.

It's not about taking anything personal, it's about giving credit where credit is due. I never said he's going to be the answer for us five years from now or anything crazy like that. What I'm saying is he's earned every right to be the guy for us next year.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice comparison.

You do realize Collison is a journeyman role player, right? I would certainly hope the number 2 overall pick has a much better career.
That was my point. Collision is the same player he was after something like 6 years or more(I forgot already-lol) and is not one bit better. Perhaps he isn't motivated, or just not talented, but yes, I would expect a #2 first round draft pick to be better once he has had more playing time. The Pacers has been starting Collision - They need a player that is better then a role player if they want to compete. If they don't they are dead on arrival

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Collison is arguably one of the best backup/spot starter type point guards in the league. Just about every team in the league would love to have him.

But as you point out, if he's your full time starting pg, you better have 3 all stars around him if you want to be a contender.
If I remember - Rick Fox was a role player for Shaq and Kobe - and I personally would take Fox over Collision or Robert Horry. To this day I can remember telling a business owner 8 or 9 years after that win that it looked Sacramento fans took awhile to get over that loss.(I was doing some audits on temporary assignment in Sacramento at the time)

His response: What in the hell do you mean it took awhile for us to get over it. WE STILL AREN'T OVER IT.:lol:

And personally I think the Pacers are as close to a title now - that Sacramento was then

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember - Rick Fox was a role player for Shaq and Kobe - and I personally would take Fox over Collision or Robert Horry. To this day I can remember telling a business owner 8 or 9 years after that win that it looked Sacramento fans took awhile to get over that loss.(I was doing some audits on temporary assignment in Sacramento at the time)

His response: What in the hell do you mean it took awhile for us to get over it. WE STILL AREN'T OVER IT.:lol:

And personally I think the Pacers are as close to a title now - that Sacramento was then

Nah, they aren't as close as that team was. Imo, the only reason that Sacramento team didn't win a title was because they had to go through the Lakers.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, they aren't as close as that team was. Imo, the only reason that Sacramento team didn't win a title was because they had to go through the Lakers.
My point is that Collision isn't any better than a role player and under the circumstances he not be all that great in the playoffs - He is not a franchise player.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that Collision isn't any better than a role player and under the circumstances he not be all that great in the playoffs - He is not a franchise player.

I am not sure you have a point. Collison is obviously a role player. Sacramento was 1 win away from a championship. They would have throttled Philly or whoever the East champ was that year. They were the 2nd best team in the NBA. I highly doubt Indy gets anywhere near that close.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure you have a point. Collison is obviously a role player. Sacramento was 1 win away from a championship. They would have throttled Philly or whoever the East champ was that year. They were the 2nd best team in the NBA. I highly doubt Indy gets anywhere near that close.
Yes, but Robert Horry - hit that shot - twice - In two separate games:lol:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To this day, I still want Cleveland in the first round.

Even if we were to draw either Philly or Washington and were to hypothetically beat them (I like our chances against Philly, but not against the Wiz), it would not provide enough of a measuring stick for me on our strengths and weaknesses heading into the summer.

Please God let us fall and stay at 6th...:hope:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To this day, I still want Cleveland in the first round.

Even if we were to draw either Philly or Washington and were to hypothetically beat them (I like our chances against Philly, but not against the Wiz), it would not provide enough of a measuring stick for me on our strengths and weaknesses heading into the summer.

Please God let us fall and stay at 6th...:hope:

I agree to a point with wanting the Cavs, but how about in a later round? The Pacers are a nice team and could easily advance to the 2nd round, imo. Heck, if things break right for them, I don't think the ECF is out of the question. If the Pacers can advance in the playoffs, the Cavs will likely be there eventually.

First round HCA would be big for the Pacers.

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also you can't be the best if you're the Pacers
Or if you're in the east at all lol......

The pacers are a decent team but the thought that they are going to make any real splash in the conference playoffs is pretty funny.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or if you're in the east at all lol......

The pacers are a decent team but the thought that they are going to make any real splash in the conference playoffs is pretty funny.

Are you dumb enough to go on record and give them a "zero" chance to make the ECF's?

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you dumb enough to go on record and give them a "zero" chance to make the ECF's?
Don't be too offended but coming from you an insult like that doesn't really sting too badly lol!!

As for your silly question it depends who they play but they are not a team that matters in the nba, no matter how hard they or their fans pretend they are, and any team that has trouble with them in the playoffs shouldn't think of themselves as contenders either...

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be too offended but coming from you an insult like that doesn't really sting too badly lol!!

As for your silly question it depends who they play but they are not a team that matters in the nba, no matter how hard they or their fans pretend they are, and any team that has trouble with them in the playoffs shouldn't think of themselves as contenders either...

yep, you're dumb enough. I knew you'd get triggered. Look tough guy, a team in the playoffs can't be given a "zero" chance of getting to the ECF. THat's not how math works.