• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hope the Pacers face the Cavs in the first round

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would provide a good measuring stick on what our strengths are and where we need to improve upon heading into the summer.

You can't be the best unless you beat the best, and as far as I'm concerned the Cavs are still the favorites in the east until someone actually beats them. Boston and Toronto haven't really proven themselves as playoff-performing teams to this point.

Assuming we hold on to make the playoffs, there is going to be a different vibe surrounding the Pacers this season. Even though it technically would be our seventh trip to the playoffs in eight seasons, it's going to feel as if we've made it for the first time in awhile.

We have only six players back from last year's team, and only two of those players (Turner and Thad) were actually seeing rotation minutes for that team. Obviously Cleveland swept us last year and even winning a game or two against them will be seen as progress.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would provide a good measuring stick on what our strengths are and where we need to improve upon heading into the summer.

You can't be the best unless you beat the best, and as far as I'm concerned the Cavs are still the favorites in the east until someone actually beats them. Boston and Toronto haven't really proven themselves as playoff-performing teams to this point.

Assuming we hold on to make the playoffs, there is going to be a different vibe surrounding the Pacers this season. Even though it technically would be our seventh trip to the playoffs in eight seasons, it's going to feel as if we've made it for the first time in awhile.

We have only six players back from last year's team, and only two of those players (Turner and Thad) were actually seeing rotation minutes for that team. Obviously Cleveland swept us last year and even winning a game or two against them will be seen as progress.
If the Pacers face the Cavaliers in the first round - they will be swept.

Cavaliers 4
Pacers 0

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I see the Pacers need another premier wing scorer and a PG. Collison is better as a backup PG. Even though Oladipo has the ball in his hands a lot, he would do well to play with another good play making PG.

Really just depends on which direction the Pacers want to go as a team, style wise. Feels like the team is made up of a lot of tweeners, without defined positions. That's not really a negative for the team, just that you need the right kind of guys to make the fits work.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I see the Pacers need another premier wing scorer and a PG. Collison is better as a backup PG. Even though Oladipo has the ball in his hands a lot, he would do well to play with another good play making PG.

Really just depends on which direction the Pacers want to go as a team, style wise. Feels like the team is made up of a lot of tweeners, without defined positions. That's not really a negative for the team, just that you need the right kind of guys to make the fits work.
As weak as the Eastern Conference is, I can't visualize any team being able to stand up to the Cavs in a 7 game series LeBron doesn't really need strong players with him as much as other players. I could be wrong but I think it's fantasy to think the Pacers can get past the first round or even win one game - For the Cavs that is an easy sweep.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Reggie Miller coming back? The Davis boys down low?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's Detlef muthaf**kin Schrempf?

Best thing about Indy is they had the hottest high school chicks back in the 90s and I just happened to be in Indy when Jordan came back wearing #45 in march 1995. Lost in OT that game but other than that I can remember how stoked I was the man was coming back.

But don't let menhigh jack this thread and ruin the OPs hopes and dreams for this current Indy team. Ohleeedeepoe was a good pick up - he was a stud at IU

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be a fun series. Looking forward to seeing what Oladipo does in the playoffs

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting question -- I like Pacers. But who would guard Lebron ? Lance ? I think Victor is too short ... and his offense could suffer. I think Lebron would be motivated if Lance tried to play him tough.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting question -- I like Pacers. But who would guard Lebron ? Lance ? I think Victor is too short ... and his offense could suffer. I think Lebron would be motivated if Lance tried to play him tough.

We took three of four from them this year - All of which came prior to Cleveland's deadline moves. Defending LeBron will likely be one of the things we'll have to address this summer assuming he stays in the east. But as it stands today, we're going to have to defend as a team and make other guys beat us. GR3 coming back definitely helps our bench depth.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought I read some crazy stat that Collison led the entire league in FG percentage (as a PG!) for the month of January. If the Pacers don't guarantee his option for next season, they would be making a huge mistake because he's earned it.

And @CitySushi I'll go ahead and play your little game...

Player rankings:
  1. Westbrook
  2. Draymond
  3. Teague
  4. George Hill
  5. Rubio
Facilitator rankings:
  1. Westbrook
  2. Teague
  3. Rubio
  4. Draymond
  5. George Hill

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I read some crazy stat that Collison led the entire league in FG percentage (as a PG!) for the month of January. If the Pacers don't guarantee his option for next season, they would be making a huge mistake because he's earned it.

And @CitySushi I'll go ahead and play your little game...

Player rankings:
  1. Westbrook
  2. Draymond
  3. Teague
  4. George Hill
  5. Rubio
Facilitator rankings:
  1. Westbrook
  2. Teague
  3. Rubio
  4. Draymond
  5. George Hill

Collison is a nice player, but he's a backup player. He's give the Pacers good minutes, but if you're relying on him to be your starting PG, you're not going to take the next step in the team development, IMO.

Also, LOL at your facilitator rankings.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

97v3a.gif

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collison is a nice player, but he's a backup player. He's give the Pacers good minutes, but if you're relying on him to be your starting PG, you're not going to take the next step in the team development, IMO.

Also, LOL at your facilitator rankings.

Obviously some abide by a different definition of "facilitator" than others. But as a Pacers fan having followed George Hill for years I honestly have no idea how anyone can have him ranked over any of those other guys mentioned considering our offense never ranked higher than 20th with him as our starting point guard.

And if you can't see that Collison is worth that $10 million option for next season I don't know what's wrong with you. It isn't as if the Pacers have any other major financial commitments outside of Oladipo for the 2018-19 season. We lost to some bad teams in the last week without him. Just saying.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously some abide by a different definition of "facilitator" than others. But as a Pacers fan having followed George Hill for years I honestly have no idea how anyone can have him ranked over any of those other guys mentioned considering our offense never ranked higher than 20th with him as our starting point guard.

And if you can't see that Collison is worth that $10 million option for next season I don't know what's wrong with you. It isn't as if the Pacers have any other major financial commitments outside of Oladipo for the 2018-19 season. We lost to some bad teams in the last week without him. Just saying.
Darren Collision - 8 years in the NBA - 12.8 ppg 2.7 rpg 5 apg
Lonzo Ball - rookie year - 10 ppg 7.00 rpg 7 apg

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darren Collision - 8 years in the NBA - 12.8 ppg 2.7 rpg 5 apg
Lonzo Ball - rookie year - 10 ppg 7.00 rpg 7 apg

Nice comparison.

You do realize Collison is a journeyman role player, right? I would certainly hope the number 2 overall pick has a much better career.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, I never said anything about his contractual value. I just said he's best served as a backup point guard. There are lots of backup PG's making that amount and relative to the cap, it's not absurd at all.

Quit taking things so personal. Everything I have said about Collison was complimentary. He just has a limit to his future potential, especially after being in the league for 9 years and him already being 30 years old. I would absolutely love him to be the Warriors backup PG right now given their situation. But I wouldn't want him as my starting PG, ever. The only way he's a starting PG on your team is if you already have 3 all-stars in the lineup. As you do not have them with the Pacers, you need to consider upgrading the position.