• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hope the Badgers play angry at Purdue

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a game stolen like this could take the whole season off the rails, or could be motivation for this team to not lose a game for the rest of the year. Guess we'll see on Saturday.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, none of our starters are going to play at all. A meteorite has a .00000000001% chance of hitting and killing Melvin Gordon, so in order to prepare for that possibility we are just going to have them stay in an underground bunker under the Humanities building while the backups play.

That'll stop the PAC-12 fans from saying we aren't prepared for ridiculously unlikely scenarios.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a bit nervous about this game actually. My main causes for concern...

1. Kenzel Doe.... He looked absolutely brain dead in kick return, and some of that was poor protection.

2. Stave.... I felt like he showed a lot more poise last year than he's shown so far. He's using one of those wrist things to call plays, so perhaps the offense is a bit more complex and our guys are distracted? Hopefully their memories improve and they can focus.

3. The offensive line.... ASU has a really good defensive line, and we still got some good plays in. BUT. These guys are the worst we've had since way back before Joe Thomas and Kraig Urbik. Maybe even before Barry. They have GOT to improve. If Groy doesn't get his damn shoulder pads down, he's gonna get beat early often. Sick of watching him get stood up on the line during RUN plays.

4. Abbredaris is all we've got out there. Pedersen is open once in a while but it almost seems like he's drawing more double/triple coverage than Abby. I think ASU knew something us fans didn't, because he was running with a wet blanket all night.

5. Derek Watt. I'm worried that after last week they'll be tempted to bring him in before his hammy is 100%. I don't want him out there yet.

6. Sojourn Shelton. Because he was acting like a freshman, and I don't like it, even if he IS a freshman. He's been asked to step up and act like a man. He's not doing it. If I see him whine to the officials one more time I'm gonna throw my popcorn at the TV. :pout:

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a bit nervous about this game actually. My main causes for concern...

1. Kenzel Doe.... He looked absolutely brain dead in kick return, and some of that was poor protection.

2. Stave.... I felt like he showed a lot more poise last year than he's shown so far. He's using one of those wrist things to call plays, so perhaps the offense is a bit more complex and our guys are distracted? Hopefully their memories improve and they can focus.

3. The offensive line.... ASU has a really good defensive line, and we still got some good plays in. BUT. These guys are the worst we've had since way back before Joe Thomas and Kraig Urbik. Maybe even before Barry. They have GOT to improve. If Groy doesn't get his damn shoulder pads down, he's gonna get beat early often. Sick of watching him get stood up on the line during RUN plays.
4. Abbredaris is all we've got out there. Pedersen is open once in a while but it almost seems like he's drawing more double/triple coverage than Abby. I think ASU knew something us fans didn't, because he was running with a wet blanket all night.

5. Derek Watt. I'm worried that after last week they'll be tempted to bring him in before his hammy is 100%. I don't want him out there yet.

6. Sojourn Shelton. Because he was acting like a freshman, and I don't like it, even if he IS a freshman. He's been asked to step up and act like a man. He's not doing it. If I see him whine to the officials one more time I'm gonna throw my popcorn at the TV. :pout:

???, I don't know if we were watching the same game.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the same story as the other games. The forward-backwards blocking wasn't sensational and we were pushed back often. But the lateral blocking was excellent and opened up some huge hles.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the same story as the other games. The forward-backwards blocking wasn't sensational and we were pushed back often. But the lateral blocking was excellent and opened up some huge hles.

I don't think the interior blocking was all that bad....we were outnumbered in the box more often than not. Our QB and second tier WRs aren't good enough to have the safeties play over the top.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???, I don't know if we were watching the same game.

I don't think the interior blocking was all that bad....we were outnumbered in the box more often than not. Our QB and second tier WRs aren't good enough to have the safeties play over the top.

Honestly. I feel better that you disagree, Doc. And great point about the safeties. Melvin Gordon FTW next week, I hope. Lateral blocking or no, that dude has elite potential.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly. I feel better that you disagree, Doc. And great point about the safeties. Melvin Gordon FTW next week, I hope. Lateral blocking or no, that dude has elite potential.

Seriously....he needs more than 15 carries in a close game like that. And the fact that he wasn't even on the field during some of the biggest plays is mind-boggling. I understand he may not be as good of a pass blocker as White, but our receiving targets just aren't good enough....hitting Gordon out in the flat matched up against a LB is a big play waiting to happen.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'd be interesting to see some 2 TE sets, with Abbredaris and Gordon in motion to confuse the defenses. If they don't respect Pedersen downfield they'll get burned, but if they leave the edge open for either Abbredaris or Gordon on the sweep....

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'd be interesting to see some 2 TE sets, with Abbredaris and Gordon in motion to confuse the defenses. If they don't respect Pedersen downfield they'll get burned, but if they leave the edge open for either Abbredaris or Gordon on the sweep....

That's the thing, Stave has proved he really struggles with the intermediate ball. If Pedersen gets 4+ catches a game, we're sitting pretty on offense imo.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised about that at first, the intermediate ball issue. But honestly, he didn't hit much of that last year unless he was rolling out, and those were little 10 yard wrist flickers to Ped or Watt, so I don't think they qualify as intermediate.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin will take a giant dump on Purdue. Watch. im guessing its 40-17.