• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I have an Excel spreadsheet of all the ratings I've given every movie I've ever seen

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who in the fuck would do this?

No shit.....this is creepy as hell.

I didn't look at the list (don't want to).... but it appears to be a cry for validation/attention.

tenor.gif

I wonder if the OP owns a van without rear & side windows?

tumblr_nlwuo9SPGs1tkdjofo1_500.gif

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who in the fuck would do this?
I know right? What kind of monster takes screenshots of an Excel screen instead of importing it to Google Sheets, making it public, and sharing it?

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this is how bored lonely college kids on summer break fill their time. I'd rank this much greater than partaking in felonious activities but much less than coitus. Go get yourself a wife, man.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I think most movies today that come out of Hollywood are just pure garbage. Terrible acting, (if you wanna call it that ), no imagination, and terrible scripts. Too much special effects, and it seems like the writers are out of fresh ideas. Plus all the Marvel comics movies are just bullshat.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cool to see, many thanks for sharing it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this is how bored lonely college kids on summer break fill their time. I'd rank this much greater than partaking in felonious activities but much less than coitus. Go get yourself a wife, man.
If you’re in college & not filling your spare time with coitus..... then you are definitely doing college wrong

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not totally complete, but it's basically there- I'd say I have 95% of the films I've seen and rated in my life on there. Here's a random screenshot of it

View attachment 182743

I recently transferred it into to a programming language called R, and am playing around with it. Nothing riveting has come from it (and I'm no expert in R), but I did want to share a breakdown of all the numbers of ratings I have. For those who think I hate movies, this might tell you otherwise

View attachment 182744

View attachment 182745

What do you think your graph of movie ratings looks like? In other words, do you think you enjoy or dislike most of the films that you watch?

I'd probably be a 3/5 overall (or close to it). I watch a TON of movies (not married, no kids, in 30s, so I have free time) and that ranges from terrible to great ones. I don't just cherry pick good ones and I don't auto rate everything from Disney and major studios 10/10 because it's MARVEL, etc. All the new Star Wars movies from Disney (yes inc. Rogue One - haven't seen Solo) got a 6/10 or less. None have impressed me... so yah, my rating system is a bit more harsh than most. 8-10+ are movies that left a lasting impression or ones I'd pop in again. 7 is a good film - maybe would watch again. 4-6 is 'meh' probably never watch again, 1-3 are trash tier lol.

Most Marvel movies these days are all 4-6, meh, probably never watch again. Probably lean on 6 since the acting is good and the effects are nice, but duh... of course they will be? These are major budget movies, not some Indie film. But Marvel movies these days are all just the same recycled plot line. I generally fall asleep during them.

Not bashing Disney, just pointing out the obvious major blockbusters that it seems most people cream their pants over. They really don't do much for me, anymore. It's the same shit as the mid 2000s.