• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I have a hunch about this whole ordeal

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts are that either a ton of programs are going to get popped like we have seen the last two days and the bottom will fall out, or just the programs that tried to compete with the Blue Bloods will get popped. Basically either CBB is blown up, or programs except UK, Duke, KU, UNC etc are popped. Basically it looks like schools other than maybe Louisville and Zona are getting popped because they have suddenly recruited well and were never successful in basketball.

With all that said, I think places like FSU, WKU, LSU, Washington, Cal and the like are next. It's not like I don't think the top programs are dirty, but I bet they leave much less of a paper trail and are harder to bust than what we've seen so far from these other schools.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hope Beilein didn't convince all those first rounders their spoiled asses needed more Adidas money.

Western Bball is terribad.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts are that either a ton of programs are going to get popped like we have seen the last two days and the bottom will fall out, or just the programs that tried to compete with the Blue Bloods will get popped. Basically either CBB is blown up, or programs except UK, Duke, KU, UNC etc are popped. Basically it looks like schools other than maybe Louisville and Zona are getting popped because they have suddenly recruited well and were never successful in basketball.

With all that said, I think places like FSU, WKU, LSU, Washington, Cal and the like are next. It's not like I don't think the top programs are dirty, but I bet they leave much less of a paper trail and are harder to bust than what we've seen so far from these other schools.

Washington? Is this about basketball? We just fired Romar because the program sucks so much. Maybe British Knights would throw money at that shit show of a program.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington? Is this about basketball? We just fired Romar because the program sucks so much. Maybe British Knights would throw money at that shit show of a program.
He did land some recent 5 stars though. But maybe you guys are in the clear after firing him.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did land some recent 5 stars though. But maybe you guys are in the clear after firing him.

He had some ins with the ones he grabbed though. And there was the whole Ross/Jones thing where they both committed to Washington but Jones backed out and ended up at Kentucky. The whole Porter thing was about his dad getting a job at UW on the coaching staff and when Romar got fired that went to shit.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly Alabama is next. Also, they investigated for 24 hours, found nothing, and then fired their coach.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I saw yesterday FBI was at Kansas, too...can't confirm, but thought I saw that on twitter, or somewhere.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. FEDS in Tuscaloosa over this. Damnit.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly Alabama is next. Also, they investigated for 24 hours, found nothing, and then fired their coach.

The coach admitted in a staff meeting with Alabama officials that he was named in the report. My guess is that's as far as the review went and it would explain why they didn't find any wrong doing at Alabama.

Sounds like the coach was given $20,000 to sway basketball players at Alabama to sign with a particular financial advisor. Maybe Alabama considers that nothing.

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hunch is that this runs so deep that if the NCAA survives you'll see a school like Mount St. Mary's end up as a 1 seed for the NCAA tournament.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not likely to have any real impact on UW's program right now. If prior coaches were dirty they are already gone and there isn't anyone on the team now that would have had to have been bought to be there. At least in terms of criminal action they should be clear.

Doubt Romar was dirty, but no way to know if any of his staff was. At this point you have to assume there is a real risk of that from nearly any program.

Can't see this reaching too far outside of the bigger schools and the odd smaller ones that suddenly got kids well above their expected level. There just isn't incentive for those shoe companies to need to bribe smaller programs or programs not littered with NBA talent to lure into their den of deceit for future contracts.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not likely to have any real impact on UW's program right now. If prior coaches were dirty they are already gone and there isn't anyone on the team now that would have had to have been bought to be there. At least in terms of criminal action they should be clear.

Doubt Romar was dirty, but no way to know if any of his staff was. At this point you have to assume there is a real risk of that from nearly any program.

Can't see this reaching too far outside of the bigger schools and the odd smaller ones that suddenly got kids well above their expected level. There just isn't incentive for those shoe companies to need to bribe smaller programs or programs not littered with NBA talent to lure into their den of deceit for future contracts.

I'm assuming if the shoe companies don't feel like the kid is going to be a one-and-done or a two-and-done, they aren't going to bribe him with cash. I have no inside information on that, but it would seem pretty dumb to give a HS senior cash when he's going to be in college for 3-4 years.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm assuming if the shoe companies don't feel like the kid is going to be a one-and-done or a two-and-done, they aren't going to bribe him with cash. I have no inside information on that, but it would seem pretty dumb to give a HS senior cash when he's going to be in college for 3-4 years.

Louisville cash I agree no-they aren't giving everyone in the top 100 six figures for the hell of it.

But a little walking around money I'm not so sure. Maybe the kid goes to the NBA and maybe he doesn't but 5K to help him out is nothing. Its a show of good faith to the coach you are involved with and if he mentions it to his AAU buddy who is going to be a lottery pick when he comes out you already start to have an in.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louisville cash I agree no-they aren't giving everyone in the top 100 six figures for the hell of it.

But a little walking around money I'm not so sure. Maybe the kid goes to the NBA and maybe he doesn't but 5K to help him out is nothing. Its a show of good faith to the coach you are involved with and if he mentions it to his AAU buddy who is going to be a lottery pick when he comes out you already start to have an in.

Yeah, I was talking major money from the shoe companies here.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the feds came out publicly and said you have one month to come forward with information about money you, or your family received while playing college athletics and no IRS charges would be brought against you, but fail to come forward in that time and the fullest extent of the law will be brought against you, how many total people would actually come forward?

Given the snippets of phone conversations coming out in these cases you have to assume these deals have been going on for some time. These are not the kind of conversations you have with a new kind of one time deal. They are the kind you have with people you have been doing this with for probably years.

Are we talking dozens of players? More? How deeply does this thing run and how many will they sweep up?