• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Hang My Head in Shame, But...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange but true: The Utah Jazz went through the entire season without having a player record over eight assists in a single game.

Yes, I know we spread the ball around a lot compared to a PG centric offense, but we were also 28th in team assists.

Yes, I know that our offense isn't built on assists nor one-on-one isolations, but damnit, I want SOMEBODY to get 9 freakin' assists in at least ONE game of 82.

And yes, 5th best in winning in the West is better than assist rankings... but ONE freakin' game!

Maybe in the playoffs. Whoever on the Jazz who gets 9 or more assists in a playoff game automatically gets extended for a few million too much with no questions asked.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange but true: The Utah Jazz went through the entire season without having a player record over eight assists in a single game.

Yes, I know we spread the ball around a lot compared to a PG centric offense, but we were also 28th in team assists.

Yes, I know that our offense isn't built on assists nor one-on-one isolations, but damnit, I want SOMEBODY to get 9 freakin' assists in at least ONE game of 82.

And yes, 5th best in winning in the West is better than assist rankings... but ONE freakin' game!

Maybe in the playoffs. Whoever on the Jazz who gets 9 or more assists in a playoff game automatically gets extended for a few million too much with no questions asked.

I don't care about West rankings. I care about league rankings.

I don't want to limit the comparison to where the Jazz stand to 1/2 the teams in the league.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What other teams in NBA/ABA history have exhibited this?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FFOirUr.jpg

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James has 8 assists and a steal in the first half of today's game.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, this is why Dennis Lindsey should have gotten M-V-Teague instead.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about West rankings. I care about league rankings.

I don't want to limit the comparison to where the Jazz stand to 1/2 the teams in the league.

What's your point in relation to what I was saying? I was saying that winning matters more than assists, but damnit, I want assists. It's not any different than me saying6th in the league in wins is more important than the depth of rankings in assists.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your point in relation to what I was saying? I was saying that winning matters more than assists, but damnit, I want assists. It's not any different than me saying6th in the league in wins is more important than the depth of rankings in assists.

I had bolded this part:

So I was saying even saying 5th in the West wasn't impressive to me, because I didn't know where they stood in league standings.

I agree with you that I'd like to see more assists.

I think those goes back to my observations a few year's ago that Hayward was the team's best PG. If Hill can't get higher assist games, then go back to making Hayward the PG.

You didn't answer my question about if you like stealy players.

And if you want to see more steals.

What were the game high for steals by a Jazz player this year?

Do you like stealy players?

If Johnson was a little younger, and could play more minutes, I'd have considered starting him and make him the PG.

So in terms of PG-SG-SF:

Johnson-Hill-Hayward.

Johnson has proven in his career he can have high assist games.

I remember one week in Atlanta, he had a 40 point game on a Monday, and a 17 assist game on a Sunday. I wonder if he got player of the week that week.

EDIT:

I had it backwards. The 17 assist game was on a Monday, and the 40 point game was on a Sunday.

He did the 17 assist game on March 13, 2006.

Lebron James was the Eastern player of the week on March 19, 2006.

Johnson's had 8 career games of 13+ assists.

26 career games of 11+ assists, including a game for Brooklyn last year (showing he still has it).

72 career games of 9+ assists.

Meanwhile, my best bet, Hayward, has 14 career games of 9+ assists.

72 > 14.

Stamina is the only concern with Johnson.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Diaw could have a 9+ assist game. He's been pretty good at times in the playoffs in his career.

He could do it without being the main playmaker. He is good at either getting the ball high and passing it to a cutter, or getting the ball low and if not attempting his hook shot, passing it to someone.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I like steals, but I like the one's Stockton got. I've seen him take the ball from the opponent. Now, I mostly see turnovers when I see steals - I know, a steal is a turnover, but more talking about bad passes. Or sometimes it looks like a loose ball gathering more than a steal.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I like steals, but I like the one's Stockton got. I've seen him take the ball from the opponent. Now, I mostly see turnovers when I see steals - I know, a steal is a turnover, but more talking about bad passes. Or sometimes it looks like a loose ball gathering more than a steal.

I know what you mean.

Maybe that's why I haven't been excited about the steals race in a while, because they're not like what Stockton, Payton, and Kidd did. As you said, they took the ball, rather than grabbed a loose ball.

Artest, Tony Allen, and Doug Christie were also standouts in more recent years.

I don't get excited by Leonard steals as much for some reason. Maybe they fit the less impressive style.

I don't know what to think about Westbrook steals. Sometimes they're ok, but I don't have a more definitely opinion.

Chris Paul does take the ball away. He and Tony Allen might be the only one's in this year's game.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what you mean.

Maybe that's why I haven't been excited about the steals race in a while, because they're not like what Stockton, Payton, and Kidd did. As you said, they took the ball, rather than grabbed a loose ball.

Artest, Tony Allen, and Doug Christie were also standouts in more recent years.

I don't get excited by Leonard steals as much for some reason. Maybe they fit the less impressive style.

I don't know what to think about Westbrook steals. Sometimes they're ok, but I don't have a more definitely opinion.

Chris Paul does take the ball away. He and Tony Allen might be the only one's in this year's game.

Yesterday's game had some steals taken away from ok to good passes where if the passer were Stockton, they would have looked like easy baskets. Some transition, some on just fast plays.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday's game had some steals taken away from ok to good passes where if the passer were Stockton, they would have looked like easy baskets. Some transition, some on just fast plays.

I prefer slow play assists because I like seeing the play build up.

Hence why I'm not as excited about players that get assists mostly on fast breaks (Jrue Holiday, etc.).

On the other hand, the way Chris Paul does it sometimes troubling too. Because he is stationary and just dribbles the ball for 21 seconds.

Stockton, or Nash, would keep moving around the court putting the defense on its heels.

Stephen Curry's assists also suck. In 8 years, I've had no desire to search for a video replay of one.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Sackataters and his son didn't get to do the French accent during the playoffs. :( Unless they did a "sacre bleu!" when he got hurt.

Also, impressive that he realized Gobert's potential before any else of us did.

When my hands were together, were my fingers pressed, pointed upwards? Or did I have my fingers intertwined?

Or, it could be like a doting grandmother in male and younger form. Yes, a regular man, but doting is better described for a grandmother or mother.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or, it could be like a doting grandmother in male and younger form. Yes, a regular man, but doting is better described for a grandmother or mother.

I don't know what kind of grandmothers you have. I can only think of the stern ones who give disapproving looks at me.

You know, the kind that won't give you the key to the locked room without asking you four times whether you'll give the key back right away, even though all you want is a blanket from the room.

They don't even have to be my grandmother to give disapproving looks at me, while shaking their head and thinking "today's young-ins. :(".

Last edited:

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Gobert makes his debut, how many and which of these will you do?

1) Make French crepes.

2) Perform or have performed on you a French kiss.

3) Play the French Horn.

Don't cheat and play a Russian Horn, German Horn, Vienna Horn, or a mellophone.

Horn (instrument) - Wikipedia

4) Mime happiness.

5) Draw one of Henri Matisse's artworks.

6) Watch the French opera Thésée.