• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I had the proverbial " Eureka " moment Gents !

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this post will finally put to rest that TS/Lynch/ Randymon / Cd debate once and for all. As you well know, I've had hard time understanding the critique of TS from last year and this worshiping of Lynch between Cd and myself. Despite most media/ writers analysis that concurred with my assessment of Denver's offensive woes last year ( terrible O line ) that had a lot to do with TS play. The same people and others have also not been so kindly when regarding what they've seen in Lynch or his progress up till this great OTA he had recently. It just kept bothering me though how Cd and these other writers, as little as there were, couldn't see it. Then, after seeing a pic of Elway in BR article, it hit me. Cd ( like he's said many times ) doesn't want TS to fail. I believe him. Let's face it, TS highest ceiling is probably Alex Smith. Can he win you a SB ? I think he could but a lot of cards would have to fall in place ( much improved O line / pass pro/ run game ) and a stout D again. He won't look pretty doing it either. But Lynch on the other hand gives the Cd's and I'm sure there's thousands out there also, their next potential hero ! The next John Elway ! There's no doubt that Lynch has what you want. Size, big arm , mobility,etc. If any Qb on this roster can give them what they need,desire ,crave ,etc, Lynch has the only potential to fill that void they have. It's true. TS will never give them that Bravado and limelight they want to hear from announcers and sports shows like....." Did you see Lynch ? " " He shed two would be trackers, then while rolling right and Kuechly right in his face, he throws off his back foot and hits Sanders in perfect stride 50 yrds down field for a unbelievable touchdown ! ". That's what the Cds want and only Lynch has that potential to give them that. Don't blame you. Understand a bit more now. Hope for the next John Elway isn't out of the norm of Bronco nation or any fan of any team. I believe anyway Cd, that if I would have been insightful enough early on, I would have at least understood your bias related more to your desire for a Hero, than what is more probable based on observation to this point in both Qbs performance to date. Would I love Lynch to be all that and more ? Sure. But I'm not going to let what I see with my own eyes alter my opinion based on my own personal want. I'm old school. A badass run game and stout D is my fix. To some, it's the high scoring prolific pass attack with the gun slinging Qb that wows the media,etc that is their preferred cup of tea. TS = boring, PL = potential " Wow " factor. I get it. :) :suds:

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll let CD speak for himself, but nobody I know wants a hero.

We want someone to read the defense, be mobile in the pocket, make the defense pay for cheating up, be a threat to roll out, and lead.

Whether that comes from TS or Lynch, I don't really think most of us care. TS isn't throwing the ball deep like we know he can, and Lynch is making questionable (2nd year) decisions.

There's enough wow factor on this team that I"m pretty sure someone who can do the above mentioned things in a workman like fashion will do just fine.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Randymon I appreciate you taking the time to type this all out and really think through the dilemma. Honestly I do go back and forth on some things with the QB's. Yes part of why I like Paxton to win this job is I do think he has the higher upside of the two to actually take this team to where we want to get to which is another Super Bowl.

I have said just like you just did that Siemian's ceiling is that of Alex Smith who is a decent QB in the NFL. That type of player can get you far and many on the team will love that play because it never leaves you shaking your head of "what was he thinking?" He will make the sound decisions. What we have seen though is that this style of play can only carry a team so far. Like you said they need more around them to make it happen and maybe if this run defense is that much improved a guy like Siemian can take the Broncos far this year.

As I will keep saying in that honestly yes while I do think Paxton starting is in the best interest of the franchise in the short and long-term he has to fully earn it and Siemian will not make that easy. For Paxton to win it and for me to feel comfortable with him winning it here are the things I need to hear coming from training camp...

1) I want to hear that this dead month in football was some of the hardest he has worked in his life. I don't want to hear that he went on this long vacation, came back and did the throwing week with Siemian and the WR's, and then that was it. I need to hear that he spent this time buried in the playbook and working on his technique.

2) Once training camp kicks off I want to hear about consistency especially on the short throws. From what I have been told the biggest issue for him is that he changes his mechanics on the short throws and just looks like he doesn't fully trust what he is doing compared to when he is allowed to just launch it deep. So again technique being consistent and him being consistent on the short throws making the decisions quickly and accurately.

3) Decision making. At OTA's yes he had the big plays but we also read a lot of the time if there was an interception thrown Paxton was the man who made the mistake. Can't just have a couple of great plays followed by some terrible plays and expect to win consistently.

He gets those things going in the right direction then Bronco fans should be happy to see this kid start. Honestly the hero ball while a possible great quality of him finding ways to get us the play when we absolutely need it...to me the small stuff matters just as much. He should be watching all the tape possible on guys like Drew Brees and Tom Brady of picking the moments to go deep followed by maybe 10 straight throws under 10 yards but they keep moving the chains.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do I not take this as a sign of the coming Apocalypse?

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do I not take this as a sign of the coming Apocalypse?
At this point if BG starts posting I'm becoming a Presbyterian.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point if BG starts posting I'm becoming a Presbyterian.
Come on, you can go to church with me! It ain't that far from being a Catholic.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, you can go to church with me! It ain't that far from being a Catholic.

Which is much closer to catholic than Baptist, my current doctrinal home. :)

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is much closer to catholic than Baptist, my current doctrinal home. :)
If you like being Catholic, but don't want all the guilt that comes with it, you could always try being an Episcopalian :suds:

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked my Pop when I was around 8 yrs old how come he didn't go to church like we did every Sunday and he said " Son, if you can't walk out the front door and treat people with kindness and respect or when you slip or fall and it doesn't bother you, then maybe you should get a crutch." I said " what's a crutch Pops ? ". He said " religion ". :)

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked my Pop when I was around 8 yrs old how come he didn't go to church like we did every Sunday and he said " Son, if you can't walk out the front door and treat people with kindness and respect or when you slip or fall and it doesn't bother you, then maybe you should get a crutch." I said " what's a crutch Pops ? ". He said " religion ". :)

So when are you going back to church? :)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's "Funny AS a crutch". Just like Biff Tannen you keep getting it wrong....

Figures you'd use a character like Biff to make a point. " funny As a crutch " maybe makes sense in your world but the correct saying ( Is a crutch ) implies the person uses humor to compensate for social inadequacies which I'm sure your very familiar with Biff.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only in your world is "funny is a crutch" an actual saying. I think you're attempting to shoot for "HUMOR is a crutch". In which case, you're batting 0 for 2 there Sparky. Keep it up, and maybe you'll eventually rise to Biff's level.:doh:

Oh, and just try a comparison Google search. You'll find several definitions for "Funny as a crutch", and at least a handful of definitions for "Humor is a crutch" or "Using humor as a crutch". Try a search for your version, not so much. :rolleyes2:

Last edited:

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only in your world is "funny is a crutch" an actual saying. I think you're attempting to shoot for "HUMOR is a crutch". In which case, you're batting 0 for 2 there Sparky. Keep it up, and maybe you'll eventually rise to Biff's level.:doh:

Oh, and just try a comparison Google search. You'll find several definitions for "Funny as a crutch", and at least a handful of definitions for "Humor is a crutch" or "Using humor as a crutch". Try a search for your version, not so much. :rolleyes2:
God your a dumb-ass.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God your a dumb-ass.
Right...... You're the one who can't get a common saying right in a lame attempt to one-up another poster, but I'm supposedly the "dumb-ass". Oh wait....I'm sure now you'll try to claim it was sarcasm.:nod: Again, you're trying too hard. Too bad you don't have any of that humor to cover up for your social inadequacies here on the Broncos board. You could really use some.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To bad you don't have any of that humor to cover up for your social inadequacies here on the Broncos board. You could really use some.
Let it go Tatum your just making worse for self. Just stick your plan. When Cd posts that's your signal to :kissass:

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let it go Tatum your just making worse for self. Just stick your plan. When Cd posts that's your signal to :kissass:
Wow.... still trying that lame "Tatum" thing you call a joke? It floats about as well as concrete, and is lamer than a Mark Sanchez butt-fumble.