• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I got to give it to Saban and Alabama.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I do feel Bama shouldn't have been in one of their NCGs and not been in the playoffs this past year (but did win to get into NCG), it is still amazing what they accomplished.

Bama has same # of NC in last decade as any other program over last 6 decades.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm waiting for the day when people realize conferences are looking only for their own champion and that it has nothing to do with who the best teams in the country are.

Which should be obvious since the conferences don't even take the entire schedule into account, but I guess that doesn't matter.

The funny thing is, the 2 most common bitches I see is that teams don't schedule hard enough OOC games etc. Yet, at the same time, these games don't even count when it comes to conference champions.

And I notice people have no trouble at all ranking teams ahead of teams that won their conference and that's apparently no issue at all. USC #3 in 2016, but it was Washington who won the conference and went to the playoffs. For some reason "But you didn't win your conference" no longer matters.

So basically, people are fucking stupid with their complaints.

Bill Hancock on CFP popularity and all the Central Florida national title talk

Turns out the playoffs have over an 80% approval rating an the committee has an 87% approval rating. So for all you whiners that want more teams and don't like the selection - well you are the minority and you better get use to it because most people are fucking happy with it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
133329.gif

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm waiting for the day when people realize conferences are looking only for their own champion and that it has nothing to do with who the best teams in the country are.

Which should be obvious since the conferences don't even take the entire schedule into account, but I guess that doesn't matter.

The funny thing is, the 2 most common bitches I see is that teams don't schedule hard enough OOC games etc. Yet, at the same time, these games don't even count when it comes to conference champions.

And I notice people have no trouble at all ranking teams ahead of teams that won their conference and that's apparently no issue at all. USC #3 in 2016, but it was Washington who won the conference and went to the playoffs. For some reason "But you didn't win your conference" no longer matters.

So basically, people are fucking stupid with their complaints.

Bill Hancock on CFP popularity and all the Central Florida national title talk

Turns out the playoffs have over an 80% approval rating an the committee has an 87% approval rating. So for all you whiners that want more teams and don't like the selection - well you are the minority and you better get use to it because most people are fucking happy with it.

Definitely true about the conference caring only about itself argument.

Remember when the Big XII had a round-robin schedule but then tried to name co-champions because the higher ranked team (TCU) had actually lost to Baylor when they played?

And the committee saw through that bullshit and left the Big XII out that year.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely true about the conference caring only about itself argument.

Remember when the Big XII had a round-robin schedule but then tried to name co-champions because the higher ranked team (TCU) had actually lost to Baylor when they played?

And the committee saw through that bullshit and left the Big XII out that year.
kickerblammo.0.gif