• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I don't get how Ray Rice has yet to get a call?

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't act like you can't follow a conversation.

The point is why not take a chance on a vet RB if your production at that position is horrible anyway?

If that "chance" is on Ray Rice?? No way. He was already declining 2 years ago before he was filmed punching his wife in the face. Get me a younger guy without the baggage. The risk/reward doesn't favor the team that signs Rice.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have a source? I honestly didn't know about that. The guy has never been disciplined by the league for any wrong doings.
I posted a thread about "things to do in South Florida"
It was a lot of work.
As far as the discipline, He was one of those who subscribed to the Chris Carter method of having a fall guy.
I hope he has learned from his near death experience. I really do.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that "chance" is on Ray Rice?? No way. He was already declining 2 years ago before he was filmed punching his wife in the face. Get me a younger guy without the baggage. The risk/reward doesn't favor the team that signs Rice.
I agree with that. I think the dude is a piece of shit and should never play another NFL game. Not to mention his declining play.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted a thread about "things to do in South Florida"
It was a lot of work.
As far as the discipline, He was one of those who subscribed to the Chris Carter method of having a fall guy.
I hope he has learned from his near death experience. I really do.
Huh. I don't remember that. All reports in AZ is he is a great locker room guy and a positive influence on the young RBs. Maybe he is growing up.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is a business. Signing someone who has a video that is readily accessible on the Internet of them punching a woman unconscious and dragging them out of the elevator is just bad business. Even if Ray Rice meets his ceiling of a change of pace back for some team, they will inevitably lose money. The difference between Ray Rice and players like Greg Hardy, Ray MacDonald, and even Adrian Peterson is even people who never watch football know who Ray Rice is. Those people can be wives, husbands, or parents to potential NFL fans who would take issue with other people in their lives cheering for an organization that would hire a scum bag like Ray rice. This isn't like Adrian Peterson or Brandon Marshall etc. Ray Rice spurred the NFL to start airing anti domestic assault commercials. I understand that just about every team has scum bags on it, but many people are ignorant to who these players are. This is not the case with Ray Rice. It's just not worth it for anyone to sign him.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't say... Just he was hurt and sat out the 4th qtr and OT. As well as Dumervil.

damnit! One league he is basically my only RB

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn shame how the NFL ended his career by showing that video

Not sure anyone has corrected you error yet.

The NFL had nothing to do with releasing that video. It was TMZ. The NFL wouldn't have wanted the video released as much as Rice.

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his own team didn't support or want him, why would any other ? He can always go in Canada or arena football

I doubt even car washes are lining up to hire him, either. This guy is one dirty look or "no" from his wife away from killing her.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Ray Rice.

For me, it's more about what happened after the punch. Halfheartedly dragging her part way out of the elevator & then just dropping her like a sack of potatoes. I can give a pass for a heat of the moment mistake. But his actions after the punch just rub me the wrong way. He could have easily picked her up & threw her on his shoulder & took her to their room.

No team is going to risk push back from their fans for signing him. His talent doesn't justify that risk. Signing him during the pink month of October likely would be seen as a slap in the face by women.

And then there are all the teams who already have or recently had players with domestic issue on their team. They won't touch him period.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes an old 27 and lost a step

oh, and he knocked the taste out of his wifes mouth on video.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Ray Rice.

For me, it's more about what happened after the punch. Halfheartedly dragging her part way out of the elevator & then just dropping her like a sack of potatoes. I can give a pass for a heat of the moment mistake. But his actions after the punch just rub me the wrong way. He could have easily picked her up & threw her on his shoulder & took her to their room.

No team is going to risk push back from their fans for signing him. His talent doesn't justify that risk. Signing him during the pink month of October likely would be seen as a slap in the face by women.

And then there are all the teams who already have or recently had players with domestic issue on their team. They won't touch him period.

Same here...I have no axe to grind with Rice, shit happens...but I have a daughter and seeing that done to her would drive me to kill...basically dragging her like a rag doll

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're a NFL GM...this is why you don't touch Rice.

Matt Jones

This kid makes less than half of the league min for vets...his reps are low, but seeing him run...I'd take his 4.1...production wise, Rice is not going to a whole lot better than that.