• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I couldn't fault Chris Paul if he signed with San Antonio..

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could totally see a Blake for Aldridge trade.

2 years ago, I would have been ecstatic.

After seeing Lamarcus with the Spurs, my response would be closer to...

:whoppdeedoo:

Milsap seems like a Spur type of guy.

But, he's older as well and would probably want a max to leave Atlanta.

Millsap would definitely have the skill and aptitude, but fuck you, he's a Hawk damnnit.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CP3 going to the Spurs is realitiscally the ONLY Thing that can stop the Warriors/Cavs from making an absolutely mockery of the NBA for another 2-3 seasons.

The Spurs are the only team in the league missing 1 piece to the puzzle. The rest of the teams in the NBA are missing multiple pieces to stop the Cavs/Warriors.

If the Spurs can nab CP3, I'll give them 2 titles anyways. Unless the Warriors can nab an all star BIG though (where their only weakness lies)

The Spurs with their bigs plus Paul and Leonard might be able to assert their will against GS. We saw a glimpse in game one of The CCS before Leonard was put out of action

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could totally see a Blake for Aldridge trade.

2 years ago, I would have been ecstatic.

After seeing Lamarcus with the Spurs, my response would be closer to...

:whoppdeedoo:

Milsap seems like a Spur type of guy.

But, he's older as well and would probably want a max to leave Atlanta.

Yeah but it seems like Blake is always hurt or at least at the wrong time. I think Blake is better but they need him on the floor

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can criticize Lebron if you dont criticize CP3. Lebron was on one team his whole career before went to Miami and put in everything with just not much around im. Everyone forgets this is his 2nd team. He was the Hornets for 6 years and so far on the Clippers for 6 years. I feel Paul didnt have much on the Hornets and has had a pretty good support cast on the Clip but just not enough, it also seems some injury happens to the team every year. I wouldnt fault him he left bc he is a just a good guy, doesnt talk shit and very tough competitior. I want to see him wins.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can criticize Lebron if you dont criticize CP3. Lebron was on one team his whole career before went to Miami and put in everything with just not much around im. Everyone forgets this is his 2nd team. He was the Hornets for 6 years and so far on the Clippers for 6 years. I feel Paul didnt have much on the Hornets and has had a pretty good support cast on the Clip but just not enough, it also seems some injury happens to the team every year. I wouldnt fault him he left bc he is a just a good guy, doesnt talk shit and very tough competitior. I want to see him wins.

Lebron acted like a fat headed jerk with the ESPN special BS.
If he'd acted like a decent person and made an effort to show regretted not getting it done for Cleveland fans the backlash wouldn't have been nearly as strong or sustained.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won 61 fucking games

There is no need to tear the damn thing apart and go in a wildly diffrent direction.

They have a good mix of youth and veterans

2-1 vs GSW, 2-0 vs Cleveland, 2-0 vs Boston, 7-3 vs Houston, 2-0 vs Toronto, 2-0 vs Washington.......all prior to the KLeonard injury.

That is 17-4 versus the top 4 seeds in both leagues with a healthy full roster.

When you lose arguably the best player in the entire fucking league (certainly best player under 30) you might not look quite as good.

Silly to blow it all up because of a sprained ankle to a healthy 25 year old player.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LeBron left his home town team while still young and he was a real dick about it.
Paul leaving LA at 32 would be a very different thing.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wouldnt mind seeing the clips hit the cellar again.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs would be a great spot for him basketball wise but I just have a hard time believing he'd actually make the move. He was the union president during the CBA negotiations and he (and Lebron) fought like hell to get the age limits for max contracts raised. They did this specifically so they can get more cash. Now its his time to get that cash. So you're telling me after all of that, he's going to take less money to chase rings?

I think SA's more realistic options would be letting Danny Green go, sign someone like JJ Redick to replace him, and see if they can convince Millsap to take less money to ring chase. Murray looks like he's pretty good so they can ride with him and some other vet PG (George Hill for example).

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won 61 fucking games

There is no need to tear the damn thing apart and go in a wildly diffrent direction.

They have a good mix of youth and veterans

2-1 vs GSW, 2-0 vs Cleveland, 2-0 vs Boston, 7-3 vs Houston, 2-0 vs Toronto, 2-0 vs Washington.......all prior to the KLeonard injury.

That is 17-4 versus the top 4 seeds in both leagues with a healthy full roster.

When you lose arguably the best player in the entire fucking league (certainly best player under 30) you might not look quite as good.

Silly to blow it all up because of a sprained ankle to a healthy 25 year old player.

Kawhi's not the best player in the league.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs would be a great spot for him basketball wise but I just have a hard time believing he'd actually make the move. He was the union president during the CBA negotiations and he (and Lebron) fought like hell to get the age limits for max contracts raised. They did this specifically so they can get more cash. Now its his time to get that cash. So you're telling me after all of that, he's going to take less money to chase rings?

I think SA's more realistic options would be letting Danny Green go, sign someone like JJ Redick to replace him, and see if they can convince Millsap to take less money to ring chase. Murray looks like he's pretty good so they can ride with him and some other vet PG (George Hill for example).
The Spurs are going to reunite with Hill if Hayward bolts to the Celtics.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The man is 32 years old, he might have 2 to 3 years near his peak.
He's one of the best PGs ever and he has to be frustrated at being
close every year but never getting the prize.
I don't know that The Spurs could get past GS with him, but they'd be very competitive.
He seems like a great fit in every way for their offense and culture.
SA could move Patty Mills, rotate Paul with Tony Parker and groom Dejuante Murray to take over in a few years.
What do you think ?
Just curious as to why Chris Paul would need anyone's approval to sign with a different team

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Backlash from who?

This man has done all he can.

It isn't his fault the Clippers keep stepping on their dicks.

I put that shit on Blake and his brittle bone syndrome and Doc being a shit Bird Executive.

He deserves a chance to win.

CP3 has been the best thing about the Clippers since he got there, and exactly why Lakers fans are still bitter about the vetoed trade. The franchise hasn't built around him well; they've brought in productive players, but ultimately not players that together build a championship franchise; they've plateaued at a second round exit type team, even before the Warriors super teams.

He's at a good point in his career to change things up to chase a ring. However, his salary demands will make things tough. The Clippers have no reason to help him get to the Spurs, and the Spurs will need to shed some serious salary to make cap room to sign him outright. Aldridge hasn't really fit what the Spurs need and would seem the obvious choice to move, but who will take him?

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The windows on the Clippers has closed. They were good enough to make the playoffs for a good while, but they never really did much to address the need to improve their bench players, thus losing to the powerhouses of OKC, GSW, and Houston. If the Lakers play their cards right, they could be back in the mix in 2 or 3 years.