• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I couldn't fault Chris Paul if he signed with San Antonio..

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The man is 32 years old, he might have 2 to 3 years near his peak.
He's one of the best PGs ever and he has to be frustrated at being
close every year but never getting the prize.
I don't know that The Spurs could get past GS with him, but they'd be very competitive.
He seems like a great fit in every way for their offense and culture.
SA could move Patty Mills, rotate Paul with Tony Parker and groom Dejuante Murray to take over in a few years.
What do you think ?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's already near the end of his peak, and not worth it for the spurs

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurray, the Lakers become the best team in LA again.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's already near the end of his peak, and not worth it for the spurs

He held steady in every measure this season except he dropped 1.4 pt per game. He might have some slow erosion the next 2 to 3 years, but he'll still be elite long enough to give him a max 3 year contract.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He held steady in every measure this season except he dropped 1.4 pt per game. He might have some slow erosion the next 2 to 3 years, but he'll still be elite long enough to give him a max 3 year contract.

Nah i doubt it. Especially San Antonio, who might be the best team of the last 20 years when it comes to scouting unknowns and turning random players into highly productive players. They dont need a guy like Paul. What they need is another scorer down low, Gasol is done and Aldridge is too inconsistent

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah i doubt it. Especially San Antonio, who might be the best team of the last 20 years when it comes to scouting unknowns and turning random players into highly productive players. They dont need a guy like Paul. What they need is another scorer down low, Gasol is done and Aldridge is too inconsistent

He could make them better, they don't have a PG on his level in either scoring or distributing the ball.
GS is so loaded though, you may be right.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could make them better, they don't have a PG on his level in either scoring or distributing the ball.
GS is so loaded though, you may be right.

he could, he could. we shall see, i suppose.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they want to continue to develop Murray a couple more years, then this seems like a no brainer for both sides.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, CP3 going to the Spurs would be similar to KG going to the Celtics. He has put in his time and given everything he had to try to get the Clippers a title. For whatever reasons (most having nothing to do with him), that hasn't happened.

As the OP points out, he's only got a couple of seasons left at his current level and should be able to spend them on a team with a legit title shot.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, CP3 going to the Spurs would be similar to KG going to the Celtics.

I think this is the perfect comparison. Everyone would understand and it would not be any backlash from it.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The man is 32 years old, he might have 2 to 3 years near his peak.
He's one of the best PGs ever and he has to be frustrated at being
close every year but never getting the prize.
I don't know that The Spurs could get past GS with him, but they'd be very competitive.
He seems like a great fit in every way for their offense and culture.
SA could move Patty Mills, rotate Paul with Tony Parker and groom Dejuante Murray to take over in a few years.
What do you think ?

He's never even been close, never gotten past the 2nd round. Of course there's no problem if he joins a very good team ring chasing.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Blake Griffin then?

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CP3 going to the Spurs is realitiscally the ONLY Thing that can stop the Warriors/Cavs from making an absolutely mockery of the NBA for another 2-3 seasons.

The Spurs are the only team in the league missing 1 piece to the puzzle. The rest of the teams in the NBA are missing multiple pieces to stop the Cavs/Warriors.

If the Spurs can nab CP3, I'll give them 2 titles anyways. Unless the Warriors can nab an all star BIG though (where their only weakness lies)

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should absolutely go to the Spurs.

But, he won't because he's greedy.

The Clippers could do a sign and trade to get assets if he's determined to leave.

But, they won't because the only guy on that roster that they'd want is Kawhi...that ain't happening.

The Clippers could decide to do a multiple Team sign and trade to get guys they would actually want.

This could be a real option if Paul would like to get paid and leave. He doesn't because in a sign and trade he can't get a 5 year deal. That 5th year @ near 40 mil looks really attractive to a guy who is 32.

I'm not naive enough to think it can't happen.

Some Heat and Thunder fans thought the same about Wade and Durant and look how that turned out.

But, like the Heat fans on this board, I would be at peace if he fled because paying a 37 year old that much money, when he's chronically broken is not wise...no matter how good he is or was....unless he's Lebron.

I guess we will find out in a month.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is the perfect comparison. Everyone would understand and it would not be any backlash from it.
Backlash from who?

This man has done all he can.

It isn't his fault the Clippers keep stepping on their dicks.

I put that shit on Blake and his brittle bone syndrome and Doc being a shit Bird Executive.

He deserves a chance to win.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurray, the Lakers become the best team in LA again.
Nope, that would still be the Sparks.

th

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol i guess?

I could totally see a Blake for Aldridge trade.

2 years ago, I would have been ecstatic.

After seeing Lamarcus with the Spurs, my response would be closer to...

:whoppdeedoo:

Milsap seems like a Spur type of guy.

But, he's older as well and would probably want a max to leave Atlanta.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, that would still be the Sparks.

th

And the 2nd bestest team in LA-LA Land are the L.A. D-Fenders.

Time to get the hell outta here...

:plane:

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, CP3 going to the Spurs would be similar to KG going to the Celtics. He has put in his time and given everything he had to try to get the Clippers a title. For whatever reasons (most having nothing to do with him), that hasn't happened.

As the OP points out, he's only got a couple of seasons left at his current level and should be able to spend them on a team with a legit title shot.

The KG comparison is a good one. He wanted it to happen with The Clippers and he gave it his best.