• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I could see Ruben making a serious run for Shin-Soo Choo

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stars are perfectly aligned. As long as Halladay isn't resigned, and Ruiz's contract isn't too atrocious, he will have money burning a hole in his pocket. Choo is a good player who will get extremely overpaid, but I wouldn't mind Ruben at least exploring the option, especially if it means that he would be more open to trading Ruf and/or Revere. Even if the guy is an awful defensive center fielder, I love his patient approach at the plate. His walk percentage is incredibly high, and it could rub off on our fellow early hackers. Overall, I hope he isn't signed-let someone else take the bad contract, but he's not the worse big name the Phillies could go after.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Choo is the best player out there but can you imagine if they signed him--that would be one of the most left handed lineups ever

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Choo is the best player out there but can you imagine if they signed him--that would be one of the most left handed lineups ever

If by "out there" you mean on the free agent market, Robinson Cano has something to say about that.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thankfully, with the boat load of shitty contracts + he deeply idiotic desire to resign Ruiz and Halladay, Reuben Tardmaro doesn't have much money to play with.

Otherwise Reuben would clearly go after Ellsbury, the porcelain princess.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by "out there" you mean on the free agent market, Robinson Cano has something to say about that.

Yeah, Cano is definitely the big name of the off season but I am assuming the only position player they would sign as a free agent would be an outfielder.