• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I concede...

Demo-D

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....Mack has to go. After a few years of defending him I have come to the conclusion that I have been wrong. Mack is no longer effective enough to compete at Texas. It is going to be tough to remove him. He has earned the right to leave when he wants, by most peoples standards, and I like the man. Hate to see him get fired. Would rather he retire, but if he refuses to step down he has to be removed. IMHO

feel free to say "I told you so"

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....Mack has to go. After a few years of defending him I have come to the conclusion that I have been wrong. Mack is no longer effective enough to compete at Texas. It is going to be tough to remove him. He has earned the right to leave when he wants, by most peoples standards, and I like the man. Hate to see him get fired. Would rather he retire, but if he refuses to step down he has to be removed. IMHO

feel free to say "I told you so"
-

I will just offer hugs.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After he hired GRob....it's only a matter of time.

:lm:

BenM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack should make the move himself. However, he still thinks that he can bring the program back and will never resign as long as he thinks that way. Also, 5 mil a year might give him some incentive to finish his contract. In his behalf, his program has brought much money to the university, and money is everything to those people.

Demo-D

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could use a hug after watching BYU run it down our throats like Kansas and UCLA. Losing is one thing, getting gashed in run game when you are Texas is just horrible. Unless it is OU.

I agree he will have to do it himself. Dodds will never fire him. It could be a long half decade for the Longhorn Nation.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could use a hug after watching BYU run it down our throats like Kansas and UCLA. Losing is one thing, getting gashed in run game when you are Texas is just horrible. Unless it is OU.

I agree he will have to do it himself. Dodds will never fire him. It could be a long half decade for the Longhorn Nation.
-
I seriously doubt that. Dodds said there is no Aug bonus and he gets that regardless of when he leaves. Texas can turn it around, but the odds are slim after watching that BYU game. Prior to the season I said Texas wins 8 or less or more than 10. I just thought hte pressure would bring out their best or crush them. This is a must game. 1-2 and the season is pretty much over and a debacle could unfold. I will be rooting in the North End Zone. I am sure it will be an intersting game, either way. Hopefully Texas wins.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I mentioned somewhere else, I've always been the glass half full guy, trying to tone down a lot of my brethren around me. I remember pre-mack, post-akers, and it was not good.

But, after Saturday, I just cant get over the fact that we seem to play at 3/4 speed, like in practice when the coach runs 3/4 speed drills. I just don't know why we're never fired up, ready to play. Every team we play wants it more than we do. I just don't know what that is, if not an attitude that comes from the top.

I don't know. I'll be in my seat Saturday, just hope it doesn't turn out like the time I was in my seat when UCLA beat us 66-3, back in, what, 1997?

SoonerAlum

Oklahoman By Choice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not here to stir up crap, but I forced my cable box to tune the LHN tonight and am really kinda stunned. I just can't believe how lackluster the play is. People just throwing arms instead of tackling. I don't want to see Mack go but I can't imagine, especially after tonight, that the money people don't have a meeting with Mack and explain that he HAS to go.

What do you think about Art Briles moving up from Baylor?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not here to stir up crap, but I forced my cable box to tune the LHN tonight and am really kinda stunned. I just can't believe how lackluster the play is. People just throwing arms instead of tackling. I don't want to see Mack go but I can't imagine, especially after tonight, that the money people don't have a meeting with Mack and explain that he HAS to go.

What do you think about Art Briles moving up from Baylor?

Kind of sleazy. Plus I think he is. Bit disinterested in the defensive side of the ball.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told you so?:noidea:

Kidding man, you just remember the old days better than me most likely. I really only got into Texas football in the Mackovic era. I was too young to really understand the end of the SWC days and how far Texas had fallen. Teenager and all who never witnessed the Royal era. So much of my fandom has been under Mack and it is obvious he isn't connected with the game like he use to. Every coach has a shelf life. Even Saban would eventually lose his touch too. It happens.