• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I catch 'em when I go ....

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. So you like the buzzbait, huh? I think I have about 8 in my box. And 6 of them need new skirts. All the bands that hold the skirts on are old and dry rotted.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other walls have my spoons, spinners and sech. For river pike the buzz is the go-to lure. You're drifting by the holding spots and the buzzbait can be retrieved quickly so that you can make two passes in the time it would take to retrieve an underwater lure just once. The commotion drives 'em nuts and if they explode at it without hooking up, you back paddle and try some underwater combinations. They're great for quickly finding large fish.

Most folks don't use them but they are really effective for bass too.

BUT....if you haven't tried these yet...

Trout Slayer : Trout Magnet Online Store, Trout Magnet Fishing Lure

...you're honestly missing out. Fished on light line no heavier than 4lb test, they will catch every fucking fish in the water.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me and the ol man fishin.

603864_10206183223169371_989396093203285897_n.jpg

Last edited:

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking out the gear and heading to the camper up on the Missouri on Monday. Top waters and buzz basis should bring in some northern and smallies. White Mister Twisters should call in the walleye. Can't wait. Haven't fished soft water in ALMOST a year. I know.... Sad.....

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like you got some fish guts or something on your shirt though.

The only shirts I have are all either plain white T's, red UGA, Braves or Kevin Harvick shirts or black Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson shirts. When it's hot outside, I'll rock the red Dawgs shirt more times than not.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other walls have my spoons, spinners and sech. For river pike the buzz is the go-to lure. You're drifting by the holding spots and the buzzbait can be retrieved quickly so that you can make two passes in the time it would take to retrieve an underwater lure just once. The commotion drives 'em nuts and if they explode at it without hooking up, you back paddle and try some underwater combinations. They're great for quickly finding large fish.

Most folks don't use them but they are really effective for bass too.

BUT....if you haven't tried these yet...

Trout Slayer : Trout Magnet Online Store, Trout Magnet Fishing Lure

...you're honestly missing out. Fished on light line no heavier than 4lb test, they will catch every fucking fish in the water.

first bold: word

second bold: kinda tangential, but I miss the fuck outta Brown Trout. Favorite trout to catch. I gotta travel south a couple of hours at least now to get into them, after that being the main thing I fished for growing up.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any of you guys can make it up to Western MA this summer I'll guide you on a pike trip. We spend several days each summer paddling and motoring the river.

I'm tellin' you bear, pick up a a few packages of those tiny craw lures and you'll be amazed. Last spring, I stopped by a local trout hole prolly a week or two after stocking. Water was high and off color and lures weren't doing anything. I tied on one of these and two casts later, I hooked this monster. 6.83Lbs.

johnnyapril21fish_zpsd2bc0186.jpg

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://SportsHoopla.com/lrle38g

This was in 2010 I think, it was before I converted to overalls anyways. It was my first striper. Thankfully I had it on my Facebook page and thus survived my computer crash last year. This was in the Etowah River south of the Allatoona Dam in Euharlee, GA.

This one isn't much to brag about, but it was my first, and I've been hooked on stripers ever since.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol!

When I hooked that rainbow above I had just stopped by the side of the road near where a cement embankment makes a wall. Grabbed my small trout rod with 4lb on it. When that thing came up hooked and rolled at the top it was clear that I either land this fucking thing or nobody's gonna believe it. Had to pass the rod around a tree going back down the wall to the bank. Now, it was just a stocked breeder but it was heavy enough that trying to get a hook set with 4lb was sketchy. It made just a few strong runs and I was able to get her home.

Now, if it had gotten away and I told my pals about the monster I just lost, no way anyone believes that it was that big. I've lost a few really big fish over the years and it's always exasperating.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any of you guys can make it up to Western MA this summer I'll guide you on a pike trip. We spend several days each summer paddling and motoring the river.

I'm tellin' you bear, pick up a a few packages of those tiny craw lures and you'll be amazed. Last spring, I stopped by a local trout hole prolly a week or two after stocking. Water was high and off color and lures weren't doing anything. I tied on one of these and two casts later, I hooked this monster. 6.83Lbs.

johnnyapril21fish_zpsd2bc0186.jpg

This mother on 4 lb test?!?! Yeah, buddy! It's cool when they loose some of the breeders with the standard stock. You're fishing for some nice pan trout, and that's not a snag! That's something big moving!

Four decades ago, I was fishing with my mother and one of her friends when, BAM! Mom hooks a 4 lb brown on old 6-lb test line. I got her to guide the fish's head into my too small net, grabbed the tail in my gloved hand, and got it into the bottom of the boat. When I cleaned it, it became clear that the fish had grown big and fat in the river. It had wintered over more than one season.