• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I am starting to think Leake and Gonzales gives us the best chance to win

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I see your word play now

hell I am capable of throwing a sub 3 ERA when its interpreted like that.

If Paxton comes in at anything mid 3s he had a nice season and I will be 1st to tip my cap to him. Leake has a shot at uppers 3s if he keeps rolling along. Felix Gonzo Ramirez and whomever pops in from Tacoma are going to decide the fate of the 2018 M's. Paxton and Leake should nail down close to 30 wins between them. I think felix Gonzo and Ramirez may barely beat that between the 3 of them ( predict maybe 32-35 total wins with those 3 ) and then some luck wins from relievers should total another 15 wins and we sit at 81 wins the .500 club we are I think.

ERA is becoming a skewed stat in the live ball / swing for the fences era we are in right now.

Batters could care less if they strike out a bunch ( still 27 outs a game ) they want to drive the ball over the fence so I think that brings up alot of pitchers ERA some.

yet here we are with Houston Astros staff dealing a near 2.0 ERA after 100 innings or so and 12 games I think.

So who knows what may happen.
My word play?? Whatever dude. You said things like "zero chance" and "NEVER" happening....when it just fuggin happened!! But it's now my word play, and ERA is a skewed stat anyway (then why did you bring it up??)? Hilarious stuff.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My word play?? Whatever dude. You said things like "zero chance" and "NEVER" happening....when it just fuggin happened!! But it's now my word play, and ERA is a skewed stat anyway (then why did you bring it up??)? Hilarious stuff.

geesh dude kennel up or get back on your meds

You want me to micro analyze every single word you type and reply like I am on the cock back at you ?

Its a fucking chat room about baseball ... people tossing out thoughts ideas predictions etc etc ... its not the supreme court diessecting the wording of a specific law in a death penatly case

But you do what makes you feel good bud

its just as easy for me to ignore your replies as to respond to them

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You want me to micro analyze every single word you type and reply like I am on the cock back at you ?

Its a fucking chat room about baseball ... people tossing out thoughts ideas predictions etc etc ... its not the supreme court diessecting the wording of a specific law in a death penatly case

You're getting all fired up with the vulgarities, insults and personal attacks. But I need the meds? Um, ok there "BestFan". Yikes.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see you are having fun with the ONLY person I have on 'Ignore' in this forum. Enjoy.....LOL!!!!

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paxton was great today. If not for some shaky defense, he probably limits his pitches enough to go another innings and possibly give up no runs

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paxton was great today. If not for some shaky defense, he probably limits his pitches enough to go another innings and possibly give up no runs

Yea a 10 to 1 strikeout to walk ratio is a solid outing. We will take the win ( although Paxton won't )

Cause to celebrate ! 1/2 way thru April almost and still have the same 4 starting pitchers we had on Opening Day !!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you are having fun with the ONLY person I have on 'Ignore' in this forum. Enjoy.....LOL!!!!
Hahaha. I'm really missing out.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think Paxton and Leake give us the best chance to win
Agreed. Don't think we can depend on Felix to come through on a regular basis and Gonzo needs some seasoning to become more consistent but the potential is definitely there for him. Leake is a pretty solid vet who knows how to bounce back after the pressure hits. If the Pax man can stay healthy he'll probably be the most reliable starter this year. He showed his stuff really well today and he doesn't get rattled. On his good days he know how to pull it back together when he's pressured. It's early, but I really think Leake and Pax are the ones to depend on also.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Leake is still unbeaten ... but he did allow Altavilla to poach the Win.

I watch him throw ... and none of his stuff appears over powering or dominating, but some how the compilation of everything he brings to the mound = legit top of the rotation stuff.

I see what Gerrit Cole is doing for Houston right now and would like to kick Dipoto square in the nutsack for not making a real effort at bringing him onto our team before the Astros nabbed from from the Pirates. As good as our offense is .... he may have been the single missing piece that pushed us to a true play off contender.

Miranda is slated to start Tuesdays Astros game. Would love to see him dominate and give Dipoto cause to consider him over Ramirez for our #5 SP. Ramirez is a much better long reliever than a starter

Other good news: No Verlander during the 4 game homestand vs Astros. As he pitches on Sunday against TX and Big Sexy aka Bartolo Colon

Last edited:

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we can't pin it ALL on Gonzo today. Not when the batters wouldn't even TRY to do anything until late in the game.

You can change the lineup, but you cannot change how things are done on this team...sorry to say.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Leake even TRY to do anything against the ChiSox today? I just saw the box score...

"The best chance to win"? Not if Servais has anything to say about it...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still believe in Leake as a #3 or #4 SP. Every year he goes through a 3 to 4 start slump. Last year seemed to be the exception, but tonight was painful and I didn't even finish the first inning before I had to give up.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man pitching has been frustrating to watch lately the last 6 games 42 runs were put on the board. I dont believe that management believes in some of the starters either they just traded back for Reonis Elias and put him in AAA probably to have some insurance down the line if things arent working out or injuries of course. I liked Reonis before we traded him away I didnt think he was a stud but he was a solid back of the rotation guy that would give us 5-6 innings he was better than Erasmo I think

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the bright side Mitch Haniger is looking like an All Star I thought he would have made more of a name for himself last season if he had not gotten injured and finish the season around 600 at bats. He can probably be like a Jason Bay type player with the Pirates. I like the trade we did with Arizona

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still believe in Leake as a #3 or #4 SP. Every year he goes through a 3 to 4 start slump. Last year seemed to be the exception, but tonight was painful and I didn't even finish the first inning before I had to give up.
Exactly... its the style of pitcher that Leake is. Lots of contact. He is going to have times when he gets slapped around a little bit.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it would shock me if Felix is the 4th best out of those 4. It may be unfair to judge him based on the last start because he is still essentially in spring training form. Adrenaline probably helped on opening day but realistically he hasn't thrown enough to be season ready yet but it was important for everyone that he pitched opening night.

With Paxton I question whether he has the mentality to be an ace. The stuff is ace quality not a doubt in my mind but there is just something missing there attitude wise. IF he doesn't have his best stuff then he often cant overcome that in a given outing.

I think Leake is a solid 3 and seems to be the best bet to go 7 innings. I still think we have probably seen his ceiling tho so a rough patch for him will likely come soon.

Marco was my sleeper going into the year. His first start was decent but he still had some issues second time thru the order which was his major issue last year.

So far I think has played out pretty close to how I thought it would. Only one I seem wrong about so far is Paxton but I think I believe he is still a top of the rotation guy. Leake got blasted his last start so the numbers aren't great but I believe that evens out over time. Felix is still looking like our 4th best starter. FIP is 5.36 with BABIP against of only .258, that's not exactly encouraging at all. On the flip side Marco has a FIP 2.61 with a BABIP of .406, very encouraging. Its still very early but if Paxton can get back to where he was last year things may not be terrible. The problem was thinking Felix could be a top of the rotation guy. He just isn't.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the update it looks like Paxton's numbers are starting to normalize. Just cutting down on the walks is huge for him.
The good news on the starting pitching is I really don't see it regressing because its not overperforming. There's reason to believe Leake will improve and anything besides Erasmo is an improvement in the rotation. Those two things alone is a reason for optimism. Felix is doing what I expect which is be a league average starter. The only thing that may not be sustainable is Marco's K numbers, but he's also still running a pretty high BABIP so even if things even out for him, he should still be a positive.