• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I am now encouraged

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
After winning the first four games in less than dominant fashion against poor teams I felt we were benefiting from the schedule and not necessarily our talent. When the season began I had major concerns about our O-line, our run game and our receivers and when Johnson went down I added our pass rush to the list of concerns. After the last two weeks against good opponents I now feel pretty positive about our year.
O-Line - The unit is better than the sum of it's parts and we should get our rookie tackle back this week. I think he will relegate Remmers to the back up rotation. Bottom line is these guys are getting better each week especially in run blocking.
Run Game - JStu has found his rhythm. Now with holes and creases he is able to get a little speed before the first hit and with his power he is proving very difficult to bring down. His pass blocking is also stellar. I do worry about him wearing down and would like to see our other RBs subbing in a bit more. Seems like almost every play he is pushing a pile of 5 guys ahead about 3 or 4 yards and that has to wear on you.
Receivers - Ginn and to an extent Brown are doing enough to keep us moving. Add a pro bowl tight end into the mix and we are fine. If Funchess can improve his route running and stop with the drops we can be better than fine.
Pass Rush - While we are having to blitz a little more we are getting pressure and sacks. Often the sacks come because our secondary is doing it's Job and we have 2 of the best pass covering LBs in the business.

Add to this list a fast maturing Cam Newton with his special skills - a Great Head Coach and a DC who will probably be a HC next year and we have ample reason to feel encouraged about a legitimate run this year.
One more thing. Any time there is an interview our guys are talking playing like a team and having a responsibility to play for each other.