• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I always knew Chris Paul/Spurs wouldn't have been a particularly good fit

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just about everyone and their mother said over the summer that Paul going to the Spurs would be his only chance to win a ring. Meanwhile, I always knew that Paul is best suited to joining a team that's more accustomed to running and gunning, which Houston is.

I'm not going to sit here say say that Houston is "definitely" going to beat the Warriors this year, but as it's already been proven, the Rockets provide the best opportunity for Paul to be part of a team that dethrones Golden State...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just about everyone and their mother said over the summer that Paul going to the Spurs would be his only chance to win a ring. Meanwhile, I always knew that Paul is best suited to joining a team that's more accustomed to running and gunning, which Houston is.

I'm not going to sit here say say that Houston is "definitely" going to beat the Warriors this year, but as it's already been proven, the Rockets provide the best opportunity for Paul to be part of a team that dethrones Golden State...

Ah come on, ya big pussy! @Montalban has the balls to say it!

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good call. I thought Houston was the worst place to go. Although we will never know how CP3 looks on the spurs, we do know that him and harden can co exist successfully.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why is everything you post always 'me me me'?

I always know
I think

Nobody cares todd!

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How do you know how the Spurs would look with him on the team? Maybe they would be in the #1 seed. Just because the Rockets are doing well with him doesn't mean the Spurs wouldn't be doing even better if he was there.

Maybe it should be, if Paul can do this for the Rockets imagine how great it would be if he were on the Spurs!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know how the Spurs would look with him on the team? Maybe they would be in the #1 seed. Just because the Rockets are doing well with him doesn't mean the Spurs wouldn't be doing even better if he was there.

Maybe it should be, if Paul can do this for the Rockets imagine how great it would be if he were on the Spurs!

Those Hornets teams he played on rarely played fast, usually in the bottom 3rd of the league. He played faster with the Clippers, ranging anywhere from top 10 to top 15 in pace. The Rockets are currently 8th in pace. Point is he's been a top flight point guard every where he's been. Saying a guy who is arguably a top 5 PG all time couldn't play one way is just asinine. He adjusts where he goes. That's what great PGs do. His career has shown that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rockets are currently 8th in pace. Point is he's been a top flight point guard every where he's been. Saying a guy who is arguably a top 5 PG all time couldn't play one way is just asinine. He adjusts where he goes. That's what great PGs do. His career has shown that.

Not only that, but the Rockets were 3rd in pace last year. So CP3 has actually slowed them down a bit.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rockets are regular season fools good, nothing more.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rockets are regular season fools good, nothing more.

Based on the performance of CP3, Harden and D'Antoni teams in general in the playoffs, I'm inclined to agree.

However, the one thing that seems different is that this team actually seems to play some defense. That's a new twist for a D'Antoni team that could make a big difference in the playoffs.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rockets showed they can't even beat GS without Durant. So if there is a team can upset GS its probably gonna have to be another team.

The Rockets are fool's gold once again