• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hypothetical

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez Bryant straight up for Earl Thomas. I would...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point, but I'd rather wait and get him as a FA. Dez wasn't great last season, but I do believe he will be if we can stretch the offense.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point, but I'd rather wait and get him as a FA. Dez wasn't great last season, but I do believe he will be if we can stretch the offense.
Dez has a lot to prove next year. Get a speed guy and move Dez around seems like the best way to improve the offense. I dont want to create a big hole at wide receiver by trading Dez for thomas. Use Dez for one more year.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very tough one. So many variables to look at. Thomas is the better player though.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I would do it in a heartbeat, if, but only if, it meant getting rid of Dez's contract and getting Thomas at his current contract, which means just for the next year. We could then consider whether or not Thomas would be worth anything long term

It would also mean needing to pick up a true #1 WR, either via trade, free agency (there aren't that many of these types), or the draft (always a hit or miss). But what do we have to lose? We are essentially working without a #1 WR as is.

Alas! It's only a hypothetical and there is no way in the depths of Hades that Seattle would consider such a trade, not with Dez's contract to production discrepancy.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I would do it in a heartbeat, if, but only if, it meant getting rid of Dez's contract and getting Thomas at his current contract, which means just for the next year. We could then consider whether or not Thomas would be worth anything long term

It would also mean needing to pick up a true #1 WR, either via trade, free agency (there aren't that many of these types), or the draft (always a hit or miss). But what do we have to lose? We are essentially working without a #1 WR as is.

Alas! It's only a hypothetical and there is no way in the depths of Hades that Seattle would consider such a trade, not with Dez's contract to production discrepancy.

They actually might. Thomas has pretty much made it clear that he is holding out unless they give him a new contract. If I was Russell Wilson, I would love to add Dez.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Russel Wilson would love to sign Dez, but Wilson doesn't call those shots.

Anyone who would take Dez with his current contract and current production ought to have his head examined. It's no way to build a franchise or to maintain one that is already struggling due, in part, to their own issues with the cap.

It ain't gonna happen, so it's more than hypothetical - it's never-never land and flying fairies kind of thinking.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Russel Wilson would love to sign Dez, but Wilson doesn't call those shots.

Anyone who would take Dez with his current contract and current production ought to have his head examined. It's no way to build a franchise or to maintain one that is already struggling due, in part, to their own issues with the cap.

It ain't gonna happen, so it's more than hypothetical - it's never-never land and flying fairies kind of thinking.

I understand what you are saying. Many times fans play with trades like you would on a Madden game on Play Station. I know UK said hypothetical, but I don't think he is playing Madden either. Both Dez and Thomas have shady futures with the teams that they are on right now. There is a lot of talk going on about possibly releasing Dez. Of course that is just talk.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you are saying. Many times fans play with trades like you would on a Madden game on Play Station. I know UK said hypothetical, but I don't think he is playing Madden either. Both Dez and Thomas have shady futures with the teams that they are on right now. There is a lot of talk going on about possibly releasing Dez. Of course that is just talk.
Yeah, HYPOTHETICAL takes the Madden out of play lol. It's more about the value of the player. If it were...hypothetically, would you trade Julio Jones or Antonio Brown for Earl Thomas, the answer would be Hell No.....Dez simply isn't in their class of value. As to an actual trade, the cap ramifications of trading Dez would not allow this to happen(I'm guessing too much signing bonus would accelerate), but from an actual player for player trade, I suspect both teams would do this. Thomas ruffled some feathers saying he wanted to come to Dallas, and Dez...

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if Christian Kirk or James Washington are there at 50 maybe consider one of them, but I bet both are long gone.