• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hussein Abdullah announces his retirement on instagram; concussion related

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 7 years in the NFL, I am retiring. I would like to thank the Minnesota Vikings for giving me an opportunity to make the team after going undrafted in 2008. I experienced a great deal of growth both as a football player and as a person during my 4 years in Minnesota. Thank you. The Kansas City Chiefs will forever have a special place in my heart. After sitting out of football to fulfill my Hajj Pilgrimage in 2012, The Chiefs were the first to call. The three years I spent playing for KC may have been the most enjoyable football experience in my entire life. Thank you. There are numerous deciding factors in my decision, with personal health being foremost. Sitting for five weeks last year after suffering the fifth concussion of my career, I had a lot to contemplate. My goals moving forward are to be of benefit to my family, my community, my country and hopefully the world. Having a sound mind will be vital in accomplishing these goals. Thank you to everyone I've crossed paths with during my time as a player. You've had an impact on my life for the better. Thanks for the love and support. It's greatly appreciated. #chiefskingdom#Peace✌️

Good for him for looking out for himself- I would too in his shoes. As far as the Chiefs are concerned, this was not a guy I would be thrilled about trying to replace. Not at all easy to replace Abdullah's versatility within the scheme.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never a fan of his on the football field but he seemed like a great dude. The pieces on him during Ramadan where he literally had to fast during training camp was always interesting.

Surprised he is turning down another year of football as he is one of the few that haven't made enough off the game to live an easy life from here on out without having to do anything else. But he did seem like a bright guy so maybe he already has the next part of his life all planned out.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how much it was his health related concerns or how much was it the lack of proper compensation to forgo his health concerns that was the major factor in his decision? Had he come to this decision prior to free agency & not a month into it, I believe 100% that health concerns were the driving factor in his decision.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best wishes to him, sad to see another player have to retire due to injuries.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how much it was his health related concerns or how much was it the lack of proper compensation to forgo his health concerns that was the major factor in his decision? Had he come to this decision prior to free agency & not a month into it, I believe 100% that health concerns were the driving factor in his decision.

He needed more time to work on his dirty bomb business.....
Terrorist%2BFunny.jpg I'm just sayin' .....

Guywithtoaster

Don't bane the dillies!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,515.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every week we get closer to the 2016-17 NFL season it seems the Raiders chances of winning the AFC West increase.