• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2018 season

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 5* Former SEC player is rumored to be rolling into town to attempt to win the starting QB job and you're more concerned about Dubs?

You might have a point
I mean, it's officially the off season, we got 8 months to care, and honestly, I don't. I say fuck Eason. He chose Georgia, so fuck off and live with it, awww, poor guy isn't good enough to start? Transfer to Georgia State or some bullshit where you'll be guaranteed a job then.

Dubs has been napping on the sideline for 10 years, I love that guy.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, it's officially the off season, we got 8 months to care, and honestly, I don't. I say fuck Eason. He chose Georgia, so fuck off and live with it, awww, poor guy isn't good enough to start? Transfer to Georgia State or some bullshit where you'll be guaranteed a job then.

Dubs has been napping on the sideline for 10 years, I love that guy.

Yeah I want to see the kid come out and say it.....None of this he said she said..........
Pillow talk is never a good "source" for info, ask OD!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's an awful lot of smoke on this thing, but I do wonder how much of it is pure speculation and best guesses versus actual inside information.

I don't think it's a given by any stretch, but I could see why he would make that move.

Why would he be scared about the QB's already in the system when Browning will be gone before he can play anyway and he will have 3 years of being at the collegiate level over the two coming in. Add that Petersen runs an offense that better plays to his skills and will very much encourage more of what he wants to do where Georgia was more run orientated and more conservative passing plays. Petersen will let the kid air it out. Just show him film of Browning to Ross.

He would be closer to home. His entire family and all of his friends would be able to come see every one of his home games and not have to travel all the way to Athens Georgia. That's probably the biggest reason.

UW is no slouch of a program and actually has moved up quite a bit since he first looked at the program. Back to back NY6/playoff appearances. He's sure to get media attention and draft scouts will have no problems finding film on him.

UW has a slew of attractive receivers coming in or in the program and has a lot of youth that will play next year. Just in time to get seasoned enough for whoever takes the helm in '19. How can you talk to Hamdan and not get excited?

Eason would get a full year to study film with Browning and get this system down. Eason might have more skills than Jake, but no one out film studies the kid.

So it's not nearly as far fetched as some want to believe it is.

I just think a lot of this chatter is people trying to get a scoop on the story and guess the most likely course without knowing exactly what he's leaning toward.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well when Coach Pete said they would be looking at possibly adding one more scholarship, I think Hugh Millen was acting as a "middle man" for Eason/family and to the program. Of course he's being quoted that Jacob is coming home. So we will see....

I would not be shocked to see Miami being talked about sooner or later, he committed to Richt, of course he stuck with Georgia once Mark was fired..... But there is a connection there....

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obviously highlights don't tell it all, but Eason definitely has an NFL caliber arm.

I'd assume if he wins the starting job, he'd be one and done.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My best friend texted me yesterday ( he a Duckie) asking me what I thought about the two young guns coming in this year after this broke. I said man I believe the coaches will be up front and honest, and the honest part is pretty clear, If Eason wins the starting job in 2019 and plays well he'll jump to the draft in a heart beat. This kid has been hearing for the last 4-5 years he's NFL material.....

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would concur with you on this

Was looking at the comments section for that and it seems he has missed some throws at times. I think a year on the bench at Georgia and another year sitting at UW will help him clear that up.

I also find the Matt Stafford comparison to be 100% correct. Eason is a big strong armed guy like Stafford.

I could honestly see a scenario in which we have a year of Eason, two years of Sirmon or Yankoff, then Dylan Morris (2019 4* #2 Pro Style QB) take over.

The trajectory of this program is really exciting.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My best friend texted me yesterday ( he a Duckie) asking me what I thought about the two young guns coming in this year after this broke. I said man I believe the coaches will be up front and honest, and the honest part is pretty clear, If Eason wins the starting job in 2019 and plays well he'll jump to the draft in a heart beat. This kid has been hearing for the last 4-5 years he's NFL material.....

Your best friend is a Duckie? Sounds like you need better friends.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I do agree Eason is 1 and done. I think he starts and is impressive enough to be a first round pick. Obviously he has a number of kinks to work out, but he definitely has the arm talent of a top 10 pick IMO. I think the Matt Stafford comparison is almost uncanny.

As indicated by his relatively mediocre stats his true freshman year (emphasis on true freshman year), he still has some things to work out, but after sitting on the bench for two years I think he'll likely be ready. He has a cannon of an arm and has really impressed with many of his throws.

He doesn't appear to be the type that would stay at UW just for "legacy" as indicated by his willingness to transfer out of Georgia after losing the starting job. But that's a big assumption. If he's good enough to win the starting job, I assume that means he has worked out a lot of his kinks and will likely earn a first round draft grade, which is always difficult to turn down.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, the knocks on Eason were more about his aggressive nature trying to go down field and/or force some plays when they wanted him to be more conservative and stay with shorter safer routes and whatnot.

Different team with different goals here. I think his lack of fear in airing it out will be welcomed and I'm sure his overall decision making will be much stronger after two years off.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well like you said earlier in a post, if Eason follow's around Browning he'll learn the art of the film room and learn to check down...

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another subject, those FB Dawg groups, there are some really stupid people on there. It scares the shit out of me these folks are walking around this state! :L

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, the knocks on Eason were more about his aggressive nature trying to go down field and/or force some plays when they wanted him to be more conservative and stay with shorter safer routes and whatnot.

Different team with different goals here. I think his lack of fear in airing it out will be welcomed and I'm sure his overall decision making will be much stronger after two years off.

Obviously we can't see the routes being run by the Huskies, but their passing game (aside from the WR screens) seems to utilize a lot of deeper routes. I deduce that by the fact that it looked like Browning was looking down field quite frequently. Could be wrong there, but a strong armed QB like Eason (if he isn't recklessly aggressive) could be really great with the offense that the Huskies have run.

I agree regarding his decision making. Even though there were parts of his game to nit-pick, it's worth mentioning he was a true freshman. He has a ton of natural talent and I'm really excited in what we may get.

That being said, if he has issues with decision making in practice, I guarantee he won't start for us. Between Sirmon, Yankoff and Eason, I assume we will have one hell of a starting QB after Browning is gone. I'm really excited for what the future holds for us.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another subject, those FB Dawg groups, there are some really stupid people on there. It scares the shit out of me these folks are walking around this state! :L

I'm only on The Dawg Pack and Husky Nation (the one that @AlaskaGuy posted). The Dawg Pack is predominantly current students/recent graduates. I'm only on it because even after I finished law school I still had friends at UW in their senior year. I think my UW email was still active, idk if you can get on it without a UW email.

Husky Nation I think is mostly huge homers and family. That page is actually ridiculous. UWDawgPound recently posted an article about the way the program was going and it wasn't positive and they absolutely lost their shit over it on Husky Nation.

People on forums like this tend to be much more objective.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm only on The Dawg Pack and Husky Nation (the one that @AlaskaGuy posted). The Dawg Pack is predominantly current students/recent graduates. I'm only on it because even after I finished law school I still had friends at UW in their senior year. I think my UW email was still active, idk if you can get on it without a UW email.

Husky Nation I think is mostly huge homers and family. That page is actually ridiculous. UWDawgPound recently posted an article about the way the program was going and it wasn't positive and they absolutely lost their shit over it on Husky Nation.

People on forums like this tend to be much more objective.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1612183799106658/ <--- A little less fanatical.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not that they are die hard's it's the comments they make that make you not :scratch: but more along the lines of :crazy:

It's like they have no frickn clue how the process works or the simple fact Rome wasn't built in a day.....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lenius is transferring out of UW......
Every year I waited for that kid to pop and every year he fizzled at best. I think he was disciplined one too many times by the team as well.

You always want that tall big body receiver that can box out on the edge, but he just didn't fit and never really developed the way he needed to.