• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2017 Season

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dawgs open @10.5 against the Cougs! God even Vegas thinks they are going to "Coug this"!
That line should come well back down before game day.

This one won't be nearly the ass kicking the last several have been. Their D is much improved. Mata'afa might be able to rattle Browning enough to make an impact.

I mean Falk does throw a fair amount of picks and this is going to be a high pressure situation, but I'm not feeling like UW dominates this game. Cougs have a lot more riding on it than UW does and that makes a difference on the field. Add in two full weeks of prep for them.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That line should come well back down before game day.

This one won't be nearly the ass kicking the last several have been. Their D is much improved. Mata'afa might be able to rattle Browning enough to make an impact.

I mean Falk does throw a fair amount of picks and this is going to be a high pressure situation, but I'm not feeling like UW dominates this game. Cougs have a lot more riding on it than UW does and that makes a difference on the field. Add in two full weeks of prep for them.

Agreed but, it's pretty cool these players don't want to be "that team that lost to WSU" I believe emotions will be high and I'm sure the Dawgs are pumped to be the ones that knock WSU out of the CGG....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now there's a 90% chance of ran scheduled for Saturday. That at least favors us a little as we have WAY more run options in bad weather than they do.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rain at game time right? Don't want to get wet tailgating.....
Pretty much going to rain the entire day from what the forecast says, but who knows. That's too many days from now to be that accurate.

I'm going to the game, but no tailgating. Taking my 76 y/o step dad to the game so we will go by light rail and make it easier on him to get in and out. He's a coug (went to both schools, but considers himself a coug) so a fitting last game on the season tickets. He and my mom went to games for decades. And Saturday that era for our family comes to a close.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much going to rain the entire day from what the forecast says, but who knows. That's too many days from now to be that accurate.

I'm going to the game, but no tailgating. Taking my 76 y/o step dad to the game so we will go by light rail and make it easier on him to get in and out. He's a coug (went to both schools, but considers himself a coug) so a fitting last game on the season tickets. He and my mom went to games for decades. And Saturday that era for our family comes to a close.

Nice!

Yeah I'm not driving into there, gonna hop on the link and we are wandering the campus, and of course tailgating...Though if its raining early may ditch into a warm dry place

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DPhfro4UMAAbSTd.jpg:large

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one who is starting to have some serious concerns about Browning?

I've said it a couple times this year, I honestly feel that surgery last winter on his shoulder isn't healed 100%.
You can see it when he throws, his mechanics have always been good, it is strength right now that is lacking.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it a couple times this year, I honestly feel that surgery last winter on his shoulder isn't healed 100%.
You can see it when he throws, his mechanics have always been good, it is strength right now that is lacking.

I also think that he has really been hesitating. Additionally I'm unsure he has much talent at WR. After Pettis went down, who the fuck was he supposed to throw to?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think that he has really been hesitating. Additionally I'm unsure he has much talent at WR. After Pettis went down, who the fuck was he supposed to throw to?

Well they burned Jones red shirt this year and you could see Jake targeting him a few times last night.
But to be honest they didn't need to throw last night, the running game was mental beat down for the Cougs defense....

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they burned Jones red shirt this year and you could see Jake targeting him a few times last night.
But to be honest they didn't need to throw last night, the running game was mental beat down for the Cougs defense....

Unhappy they burned his redshirt, but at least you know the Huskies might have some target aside from Hunter Bryant next year. At least we will essentially return the same offense next year minus Pettis and Coleman. I'd be surprised if Gaskin left for the draft considering he's a 5-7 round pick. Even then, Ahmed will be something special. Mark this post, when he's done at UW he will be a first round pick. It takes a lot to get the carries he has had at UW as a true freshman.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is two 6'3" 4 star coming in as freshman, (Spiker and Osborne) then a 3 star at 6'5" Culp.
I believe there is a lack of serious speed on the outside this year, and this one of the issues for the passing game.
There is no separation for these wide outs from corners.

I would not be shocked if any of these three coming in this spring has the speed and strength to go for a ball they will play next year.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browning is starting to look more like a game manager than the QB he was last year.
They didn't need him to be anuthing more last night. Any concerns I've had about Browning weren't made any better or worse last night. It's not his fault they were able to get about 7 yards/carry and completely control the game on the ground. What more would you want to see from him in that situation?

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can stop pretending the Apple Cup is some big showdown in the Pac north, for the time being anyway. Every year we act all nervous about it, cougs got a lot to play for, cougs would love to ruin our season, they're real good with improved defense and rushing game, :blah:. I'll believe Leache's bullshit can beat, or even play with this current set up we got when I see it.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is two 6'3" 4 star coming in as freshman, (Spiker and Osborne) then a 3 star at 6'5" Culp.
I believe there is a lack of serious speed on the outside this year, and this one of the issues for the passing game.
There is no separation for these wide outs from corners.

I would not be shocked if any of these three coming in this spring has the speed and strength to go for a ball they will play next year.

I feel like WRs are hit and miss. That's my biggest concern. Additionally, you don't want to have to count on freshmen. I think Hunter Bryant is going to be something special, but I feel like the passing game hasn't really been there since Browning's injury and the departure of Ross.

At this point, it doesn't look like Browning is as good as he was last year. Also I don't think he has the weapons to be successful.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't need him to be anuthing more last night. Any concerns I've had about Browning weren't made any better or worse last night. It's not his fault they were able to get about 7 yards/carry and completely control the game on the ground. What more would you want to see from him in that situation?

They didn't need him, but he hasn't been impressive lately. He hasn't really had the anticipation he had last year. That could be a result of not having the weapons he had last year, or because maybe his arm isn't what it used to be.