• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2017 Season

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of early challenges for sure. 3 of 4 weeks in the middle on the road without a bye could be a rough stretch just from that standpoint. The late Bye could really hurt, or not mean much depending on injuries and overall team health through the meat of the year. I mean you'd rather have your bye before a tough game to give you a slight edge, but it is what it is.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2018 schedule has been released

Sat., Sept. 1 – vs. Auburn (at Atlanta)
Sat., Sept. 8 – NORTH DAKOTA
Sat., Sept. 15 – at Utah
Sat., Sept. 22 – ARIZONA STATE
Sat., Sept. 29 – BRIGHAM YOUNG
Sat., Oct. 6 – at UCLA
Sat., Oct. 13 – at Oregon
Sat., Oct. 20 – COLORADO
Sat., Oct. 27 – at California
Sat., Nov. 3 – STANFORD
Sat., Nov. 10 – bye
Sat., Nov. 17 – OREGON STATE
Fri., Nov. 23 – at Washington State

First thoughts.
Very late bye.
Oregon st moved back to later part of season which seems like the usual slot.
Dont see some 5 game guantlet. The tough vs very winable seems spread around.
Pac play starts early. 3rd OOC game of BYU isnt till end of Sept.
No Zona or USC next year.
That's a good looking schedule.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate north Dakota State on there though. Playing good FCS teams is stupid.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good ASU here next year, they can curb stomp Graham's team the right way since they saved his job this year!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least you hope so. That first 4 game stretch probably has more danger than you might think at first glance. No soft landing or warm up time for this season.

They still have a lot of questions to address on that offense going into next year and oh by the way, you lose several key guys off that defense. Vea and Gaines will be huge. Both are Juniors, but could be gone.

Come out of that 4-0 and they'd for sure be highly ranked.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think laying the smack down on Auburn out the gate pushes them back up real fast...
Going to Utah right after that, :L lets hope the Auburn game teaches them how to adversity on the road...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's the rub there. Road game to open, play an always dangerous FCS team, then go to Utah. They have a lot of work to do to play at the level they will need to open that season without a loss in the first 3rd of the year.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm curious to see if Vea and Gaines both go. Vea is pushing a 1st or 2nd round pick. Greg could benefit coming back another year. As for the LB's I believe we have seen the changing of the guard with these younger guys getting plenty of playing time this season.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously the main concern to open next year is at WR and the offense in general.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously the main concern to open next year is at WR and the offense in general.

:agree:

The stable of backs will be back, but it will be a young untested wide outs, Bryant coming back at TE will be a huge help, I think he was starting to find himself on the field before the injury. And Jake has faith in him as well.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

The stable of backs will be back, but it will be a young untested wide outs, Bryant coming back at TE will be a huge help, I think he was starting to find himself on the field before the injury. And Jake has faith in him as well.
Chico coming back will be huge as well. Combine his speed with whatever they decide to do with Ahmed? Talk about a spread offense and a nightmare for coverage.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2018 schedule has been released

Sat., Sept. 1 – vs. Auburn (at Atlanta)
Sat., Sept. 8 – NORTH DAKOTA
Sat., Sept. 15 – at Utah
Sat., Sept. 22 – ARIZONA STATE
Sat., Sept. 29 – BRIGHAM YOUNG
Sat., Oct. 6 – at UCLA
Sat., Oct. 13 – at Oregon
Sat., Oct. 20 – COLORADO
Sat., Oct. 27 – at California
Sat., Nov. 3 – STANFORD
Sat., Nov. 10 – bye
Sat., Nov. 17 – OREGON STATE
Fri., Nov. 23 – at Washington State

First thoughts.
Very late bye.
Oregon st moved back to later part of season which seems like the usual slot.
Dont see some 5 game guantlet. The tough vs very winable seems spread around.
Pac play starts early. 3rd OOC game of BYU isnt till end of Sept.
No Zona or USC next year.

Sucks that Auburn will essentially have home field advantage for that first game. UW Athletics tried to sell me some $250 ticket or some shit like that, yeah right.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chico coming back will be huge as well. Combine his speed with whatever they decide to do with Ahmed? Talk about a spread offense and a nightmare for coverage.

Yeah and if they three commits stick your adding size on the outside that can make thing interesting...That's if they don't redshirt them

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm curious to see if Vea and Gaines both go. Vea is pushing a 1st or 2nd round pick. Greg could benefit coming back another year. As for the LB's I believe we have seen the changing of the guard with these younger guys getting plenty of playing time this season.

I believe Vea almost left last year, which to me indicates he's probably gonna leave this offseason.

He's good on tape, but I think right now he has a 2nd round grade by many. With his size and athleticism I think he'll shoot up the boards during the combine.

He runs as fast as linebackers and cuts as quick as running backs. He races skill players. He has a 4.8 40-yard dash time. Strapped with a Catapult GPS monitoring device, Vea was supposedly clocked running between 19 and 21 mph while chasing down a screen play against USC last season. A former oversized high school running back and Wildcat quarterback, Vea has cannonball speed and power that has turned him into one of college football's most intriguing 2018 NFL draft prospects.

I could see him rising like Dontari Poe did after his impressive combine. Poe is actually smaller than Vea and everyone was astonished when Poe ran a 4.98 40.

WalterFootball.com: 2018 NFL Draft: Defensive Tackle Rankings

This has Vea as a 1-3 round pick, but I expect a huge combine from him that could shoot him up until top-15 conversation. Greg Gaines isn't on that list.

WalterFootball.com: 2019 NFL Draft: Defensive Tackle Rankings

Gaines is projected as a 4-6 round pick there. Given that, there could be a strong chance he decides to stay at UW.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Vea almost left last year, which to me indicates he's probably gonna leave this offseason.

He's good on tape, but I think right now he has a 2nd round grade by many. With his size and athleticism I think he'll shoot up the boards during the combine.

I could see him rising like Dontari Poe did after his impressive combine. Poe is actually smaller than Vea and everyone was astonished when Poe ran a 4.98 40.

WalterFootball.com: 2018 NFL Draft: Defensive Tackle Rankings

This has Vea as a 1-3 round pick, but I expect a huge combine from him that could shoot him up until top-15 conversation. Greg Gaines isn't on that list.

WalterFootball.com: 2019 NFL Draft: Defensive Tackle Rankings

Gaines is projected as a 4-6 round pick there. Given that, there could be a strong chance he decides to stay at UW.

I'm going with a "winner" on this, I would use, :useful: but someone thought we didn't need them on here...

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to confess this here:

Deep down I'm wishing Wilcox pulls the ultimate upset this week and we get to "Coug" the Cougar's giving us the North and then the boys lay the smack down on SC in the CGG......Just making this season perfect in the end!