• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2017 Season

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His trolling isn't even subtle.

Reminds me of a child bragging about getting something right for once.
It's like if ESPN hired that Wisconsin fan douchebag. I'd tag him, but he'd probably take it as an invitation to tard up our board.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like if ESPN hired that Wisconsin fan douchebag. I'd tag him, but he'd probably take it as an invitation to tard up our board.

I took him seriously once. I empirically proved every single thing he said to be incorrect, then realized he's either mentally retarded or trolling.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took him seriously once. I empirically proved every single thing he said to be incorrect, then realized he's either mentally retarded or trolling.
I think he's a bit of both.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you hear about now is the Apple Cup. No one is giving any credit to Utah. I mean I get it, Utah is 5-5, but look at their losses and look at what they still do particularly on defense and how weak our offense is right now.

They lost by 3 to Stanford and by 1 point at USC.

The reason this game has me at least a little concerned is just the match up problems. Their strength is going up against our glaring weakness. UW is a 17.5 point favorite and that's just crazy to me.

Utah still has a very dangerous defense. They play mostly man coverage with a single high safety and dare you to run on them. They play press coverage and are physical in coverage. Right now we have mostly young receivers trying to find their way and a running game we flat out refuse to use, more or less get enough yardage out of to dominate anyone with.

Clearly I don't fear their offense in our stadium, but on a night that will have bad weather I'm not sure any of it sets up for the ass kicking Vegas thinks is coming.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Dawgs did escape last season down there in Salt Lake ( Pettis punt return) and even with that a few eyes did notice the blocks in the back that weren't called.

I guess anything is possible this year. But I feel confident in this coaching staff to make sure this team is prepared, and understands the situation. I think the defense will have a huge chip on their shoulders for what happen last weekend. As for the offense, I think the run and pound will be back in full force this weekend. They have no choice to give it to the stable of runningbacks this team has, and to be honest that should be priority one.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But shouldn't handing the ball off had also been a high priority in both of their losses?

I simply can't trust this team to manage the offense right now. They have 3 guys that kill it running, and for some reason stop running it and go to a passing game that just isn't what it was last year.

I wouldn't bet on the dawgs to cover 18 points. I'd probably bet on the under though.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But shouldn't handing the ball off had also been a high priority in both of their losses?

I simply can't trust this team to manage the offense right now. They have 3 guys that kill it running, and for some reason stop running it and go to a passing game that just isn't what it was last year.

I wouldn't bet on the dawgs to cover 18 points. I'd probably bet on the under though.

That conversation should be dedicated to it's thread and we all know the title, " Smith needs to be gone!"
The thing that blows my mind is that as much as the love to throw screen passes, they always, always throw to the outside! Not once have I seen the go middle. And the reason I bring it up, speed is on the outside for defenses, why not attack the middle with the screen to offset the running game. Plus it's so much prettier to watch a 300 pound guard pancake a safety or mike backer then trying to watch him catch up to a OLB or Corner....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense isn't as bad now as the defense was under Holt, but it's the same situation again. Everyone can see what's wrong. Coach is too close to the people involved and won't do what needs to be done because of it. Our only hope is Smith being offered the job at oregon state. And I think we all know that.

Meanwhile, they are going up against another team with a strong defense and that same jackass caller that won't do what is obviously necessary to win. Run the damned football!

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense isn't as bad now as the defense was under Holt, but it's the same situation again. Everyone can see what's wrong. Coach is too close to the people involved and won't do what needs to be done because of it. Our only hope is Smith being offered the job at oregon state. And I think we all know that.

Meanwhile, they are going up against another team with a strong defense and that same jackass caller that won't do what is obviously necessary to win. Run the damned football!

Agreed! This defense is sooo much tougher, and better. ( well minus depth up front for now).
I think at some point Petersen will make the determination that running a "pro style" offense will be better for the program. And a couple more beat downs by the Cardinal and he will fully understand. For now I honestly feel he's in a hold pattern with what they have for the simple fact of the type of kids they have now. As much as I hate to say it, Its still being built. And until they have a serious pipeline of true athletes coming in, they'll use what ever they can on offensive schemes to compete...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh there's no doubt they need more time to build up to where they are getting some 5* and higher 4* athletes than what they have and for sure that will make a difference.

It's just frustrating when you know you have enough pieces now to win those two games you lost and simply didn't use those pieces well enough.

I was perplexed whey they weren't running the ball in OOC. Then they opened with a solid run game plan in conference, followed up by less and less running despite what running they do actually working for the most part. It's really really frustrating.

They are averaging 5y/carry as a team. Take out the QB stats and the trick plays and they are closer to 6y/carry. Their big three have Gaskin - 6.3, Coleman - 4.5, and Ahmed - 6.

Coleman gets a lot of those shorter distance runs, but he flat out trucks dudes. Ahmed is a threat to break one every time you give him the ball. And Gaskin will just flat out work his ass off no matter what the line is doing for him (or not doing).

You have every type of runner in your arsenal and yet they have just 1827 yards on the season. There are 4 Pac teams with more including the damned ducks. Hell, zona has almost doubled them up in run yards.

Feed your damned rushers. Feed it often. It's ok to have some stops early on, just keep wearing them down. Run it down their throats in the second halves. They wouldn't lose to any Pac team if they whould just stick to what they actually do best and run the fucking football.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh there's no doubt they need more time to build up to where they are getting some 5* and higher 4* athletes than what they have and for sure that will make a difference.

It's just frustrating when you know you have enough pieces now to win those two games you lost and simply didn't use those pieces well enough.

I was perplexed whey they weren't running the ball in OOC. Then they opened with a solid run game plan in conference, followed up by less and less running despite what running they do actually working for the most part. It's really really frustrating.

They are averaging 5y/carry as a team. Take out the QB stats and the trick plays and they are closer to 6y/carry. Their big three have Gaskin - 6.3, Coleman - 4.5, and Ahmed - 6.

Coleman gets a lot of those shorter distance runs, but he flat out trucks dudes. Ahmed is a threat to break one every time you give him the ball. And Gaskin will just flat out work his ass off no matter what the line is doing for him (or not doing).

You have every type of runner in your arsenal and yet they have just 1827 yards on the season. There are 4 Pac teams with more including the damned ducks. Hell, zona has almost doubled them up in run yards.

Feed your damned rushers. Feed it often. It's ok to have some stops early on, just keep wearing them down. Run it down their throats in the second halves. They wouldn't lose to any Pac team if they whould just stick to what they actually do best and run the fucking football.

I really believe there is questions about Jake's shoulder and they were testing him. Seeing if he could build it back up and sustain an entire game if need to throw the ball. I still think he's not right, and it shows on some of his passes.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really believe there is questions about Jake's shoulder and they were testing him. Seeing if he could build it back up and sustain an entire game if need to throw the ball. I still think he's not right, and it shows on some of his passes.
Well that's a dumb reason to lose a game IMO and if there is any truth to that the coaches deserve to be ripped for it.

You get 12 chances a year to make your statement in college football. You can't take any for granted and you can't afford to blow more than one or you end up where we are.

You play to your strengths and cover up your weaknesses. This team isn't doing that and it killed them.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's a dumb reason to lose a game IMO and if there is any truth to that the coaches deserve to be ripped for it.

You get 12 chances a year to make your statement in college football. You can't take any for granted and you can't afford to blow more than one or you end up where we are.

You play to your strengths and cover up your weaknesses. This team isn't doing that and it killed them.

I'm sorry buddy I meant throwing it so much during the OCG's.....

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as it pains me to say this, I think the staff knew this team didn't stand a chance in the playoffs this year, (of course if they had some luck then yeah) but I think they are pressing the passing game so these younger guys get: 1. game experience 2. more reps 3. and overall improve for next season.

It's not like the flood gates are going to open up and a bunch of kids are graduating this year. Plus the injuries happened so why not see what you have and can do.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both losses were one score games. And both they stopped running the ball well before they were forced to pass due to time.

They were out coached as much as out played in both. That's ok if you learn from it. If you grow from it. If you can apply lessons and fix/change things so they don't happen again. Smith is still here so... yeah.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's the great part, "one score loses" ...I know they don't get credit for it but it does show they are better then let's say what Sark had going here. I believe last years playoff shot got all of our hopes and expectations up two more notches. The down side the Dawgs needed to live up to it, and to be fair they didn't this season.

Of course if anyone should be happy it's you I believe, I think you went with a 10-2 record this year did you?
I need to look back I think I said 11-1....

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2018 schedule has been released

Sat., Sept. 1 – vs. Auburn (at Atlanta)
Sat., Sept. 8 – NORTH DAKOTA
Sat., Sept. 15 – at Utah
Sat., Sept. 22 – ARIZONA STATE
Sat., Sept. 29 – BRIGHAM YOUNG
Sat., Oct. 6 – at UCLA
Sat., Oct. 13 – at Oregon
Sat., Oct. 20 – COLORADO
Sat., Oct. 27 – at California
Sat., Nov. 3 – STANFORD
Sat., Nov. 10 – bye
Sat., Nov. 17 – OREGON STATE
Fri., Nov. 23 – at Washington State

First thoughts.
Very late bye.
Oregon st moved back to later part of season which seems like the usual slot.
Dont see some 5 game guantlet. The tough vs very winable seems spread around.
Pac play starts early. 3rd OOC game of BYU isnt till end of Sept.
No Zona or USC next year.