• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hunter Johnson transfers to northwestern

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
big get for fitz.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is good. Hated to see him leave, but completely understand. I would love to see him burn down the B1G. Good luck to him and Northwestern.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big pickup for Northwestern definitely

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've had a pretty good streak of good QB play with Mike Kafka, Kain Colter, Trevor Simein, Clayton Thorson and now Hunter who should step in right away next year and be the starter.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The brand new Northwestern facility on the beach is gonna help draw more recruits.

985d91e110095691906cb53b4a5b6f66

Northwestern2.jpg

DdVMZs2W0AA77V6.jpg

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good pickup for Northwestern.

Shows how rich Clemson is at QB. Also shows that Hunter is not on the same level as those QBs at Clemson.

He is from Pittsboro, Indiana(suburb Indanapolis), close to Illinois, Indiana, Purdue, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Cincinnati, Louisville, and Northwestern.

I wonder why he chose Northwestern over the Indiana schools? Maybe growing up he did not want to attend a college in Indiana. He wanted to be out of state.

Ohio State is probably just as wealthy at QB as Clemson. Cincinnati not a P5. Academics must have been a part of it, which is why Louisville was out. Illinois has Lovie Smith, idiot hire.

Dammit, Fitzgerald is beginning to build it at Northwestern. Fitzgerald is a helluva coach, and just might be able to get into the B1G Championship game in the near future.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shows how rich Clemson is at QB. Also shows that Hunter is not on the same level as those QBs at Clemson.

He is from Pittsboro, Indiana(suburb Indanapolis), close to Illinois, Indiana, Purdue, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Cincinnati, Louisville, and Northwestern.

I wonder why he chose Northwestern over the Indiana schools? Maybe growing up he did not want to attend a college in Indiana. He wanted to be out of state.

Ohio State is probably just as wealthy at QB as Clemson. Cincinnati not a P5. Academics must have been a part of it, which is why Louisville was out. Illinois has Lovie Smith, idiot hire.

Dammit, Fitzgerald is beginning to build it at Northwestern. Fitzgerald is a helluva coach, and just might be able to get into the B1G Championship game in the near future.
Northwestern is a quietly, solid program. No they aren’t a great team, but they will sneak up and bite you if you underestimate them.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a hell of a pickup for NW. They're a sneaky program in the B10 and have taken out their fair share of big names over the past decade or so.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know why he didn't go to Texas AM.

They gave Fisher a NC trophy, with the year left blank.

They could have given him a Heisman Trophy and just left off
the date.

Or he could have gone to Florida State and Texas AM would have
counted him as an outstanding recruit.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear this guy is pretty good. Choice of school surprised me. I would have gone to Oklahoma.

He does have to sit out 2018 I assume?

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His brother played at Nw

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear this guy is pretty good. Choice of school surprised me. I would have gone to Oklahoma.

He does have to sit out 2018 I assume?
No he is has to sit out. Thorson still has one more yr left. NFL scouts drool over thorson. He is big, mobile, and has a cannon but he sucks

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACC rules require non-graduate transfers from within the conference to sit out two years.

I think that was the main reason for him going to NW, as Duke was heavily involved

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brohm really should've gotten this guy.

That offense with his talent?

Crazy potential.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brohm really should've gotten this guy.

That offense with his talent?

Crazy potential.
I don't know, Northwestern runs a pass heavy spread and could really do well in the B10 with a player like this too. I'm not saying he couldn't have done well at Purdue, but NW has a more consistent history of producing decent teams in the last decade than Purdue does -- it's also a better school overall. There's been some consistency at NW that Purdue hasn't had. He could really do well in that Western division at NW. NW finished with 10 wins last year, Purdue - 7.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, Northwestern runs a pass heavy spread and could really do well in the B10 with a player like this too. I'm not saying he couldn't have done well at Purdue, but NW has a more consistent history of producing decent teams in the last decade than Purdue does -- it's also a better school overall. There's been some consistency at NW that Purdue hasn't had. He could really do well in that Western division at NW. NW finished with 10 wins last year, Purdue - 7.

No doubt. Not a knock on NW at all.

I'm just a really big Brohm guy. I want to see him succeed. This was a big opportunity for him to jump-start that rebuild.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. Not a knock on NW at all.

I'm just a really big Brohm guy. I want to see him succeed. This was a big opportunity for him to jump-start that rebuild.
I think his problem will be convincing kids to go to West Lafayette, Indiana; even if he can get things rolling football-wise. No doubt the appeal of living in Chicago is the difference maker here.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think his problem will be convincing kids to go to West Lafayette, Indiana; even if he can get things rolling football-wise. No doubt the appeal of living in Chicago is the difference maker here.

Yes, I understand that all too well as a UConn fan.

Campus is in the middle of freaking nowhere.