• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hundley getting better every week

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect the defense to allow far more points and yards this week on the road against a superior offense to the one the Packers just played.

McCarthy will stick with Hundley because he's spent 3 years developing him and of course he can't spend every practice thinking he's gonna not have his hall of fame quarterback for half a season.

This whole thing sucks but you roll with what you have IMO.

Crazier things have happened but I too expect BR to embarrass the defense like most veteran QBs have done for several years now.

Unfortunately I have a BIL who roots for Pitt and I’m sure he will be a good sport about the ass whooping that his team is gonna give GB on Sunday.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like I time traveled back to the horrible 70’s and 80’s with this team :L:gaah:

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like I time traveled back to the horrible 70’s and 80’s with this team :L:gaah:

I can relate. Except 5-5 would have looked really good back then.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol as bad as we are we are still 2-0 against your train wreck of a franchise.
I don't own a franchise, but ok. If you are referring to the Chicago Bears, yep you're right. That's awesome for you.

Still... doesn't deflect what everybody knows. Packers suck w/o a qb.

You're welcome.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't own a franchise, but ok. If you are referring to the Chicago Bears, yep you're right. That's awesome for you.

Still... doesn't deflect what everybody knows. Packers suck w/o a qb.

You're welcome.
You are right...we suck right now. We lost a first ballot HOF QB to an injury. Our back up QB is not playing well at all but he was still good enough to beat the Bears. We have a clear deficiency at QB due to injury. What is your excuse for being two games worse?

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazier things have happened but I too expect BR to embarrass the defense like most veteran QBs have done for several years now.

Unfortunately I have a BIL who roots for Pitt and I’m sure he will be a good sport about the ass whooping that his team is gonna give GB on Sunday.

I know plenty of Steelers fans, I'm in the same boat.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Come on you're exaggerating a little here.

Dark Ages aren't coming any time soon, even though this may end as a down year.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on you're exaggerating a little here.

Dark Ages aren't coming any time soon, even though this may end as a down year.

Honestly, I pray its a wake up call to what is wrong with this team.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think TT and Capers are gone at the end of the season. Too many uncharacteristically moves in the offseason for it all to be TT choice IMO.

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think TT and Capers are gone at the end of the season. Too many uncharacteristically moves in the offseason for it all to be TT choice IMO.

I can't see TT leaving on a down note. And Murphy won't fire him. If there's a change, I suppose Capers would "retire."

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As @Vegas mentioned, TT won't be fired. He's done what he's asked to do, that is, keep the roster young around a hall of fame quarterback and maintain a healthy salary cap.

I'm looking forward to Eliot Wolf and/or Brian Gutekunst leading the way eventually. As with Capers (who I've defended), at some point a new voice may be needed.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dIgCcYI.jpg

Looks like one particular scout nailed it on the head. Hundley certainly appears to have all the physical tools to succeed, but doesn't have the wherewithal to utilize his skills. Those skills can be learned, but the best way isn't always in the film room or on the practice field. While you can pick up a few things that way, the best way to pick up those abilities is to actually play the games.

Maybe he can vastly improve those skills by the end of the year to allow the Packers can get decent trade value for him. Maybe he'll have to move on to a different team to pick up those kills. Maybe he never will. It's certainly a pretty crowded boat of players with starting-caliber talent that was never able to put it together. Before last week, I thought he would be able to pull it together, but now I'm not so sure.

At this point, I believe the Packers best option is to sink or swim with Hundley. Obviously, I hope they swim, to allow the Packers to have a capable backup QB and/or a valuable trade possibility.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe I saw some glimpses of an actual NFL QB last night. The run game helped as did the turnovers, but it looks like he's getting closer to being competitive and able to run a team. We'll see if he can build on this game...

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe I saw some glimpses of an actual NFL QB last night. The run game helped as did the turnovers, but it looks like he's getting closer to being competitive and able to run a team. We'll see if he can build on this game...

bh.JPG