• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hundley getting better every week

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think GB should stick with Hundley....they are still in the hunt for a WC and they just need Rodgers to return to be back to where they were before he got hurt. Starting Callahan could be worse.....just look at Nathan Peterman yesterday.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't watch the game....wasn't on here.....were the INT's bad decisions reading the defense or tipped passes?
Bad decisions and late decisions. No tipped passes. Disappointing; I really hoped the kid would succeed.

At this point, Hundley is the best option the Packers have. He knows the offense and has playing with the first team for a month now. He just needs to execute; unfortunately, his play is executing the Packers' season.

It's like playing Texas Hold 'Em with no folding - you have to play whatever cards are dealt. Hundley is like holding a suited 5 & 7. You're not winning the hand with pairs and high cards; you're going to need a hefty dose of good fortune to pull off the unlikely win.

Next up is the Steelers in Pittsburgh and their offense is starting to heat up. The next one is probably going to get really ugly.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being so depleted at RB hurt I think. I like Williams but he doesnt have the breakaway speed. We could have really used a change of pace back yesterday.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense gave up 219 yards. I will take that every game. That is usually good enough to win.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad decisions and late decisions. No tipped passes. Disappointing; I really hoped the kid would succeed.

At this point, Hundley is the best option the Packers have. He knows the offense and has playing with the first team for a month now. He just needs to execute; unfortunately, his play is executing the Packers' season.

It's like playing Texas Hold 'Em with no folding - you have to play whatever cards are dealt. Hundley is like holding a suited 5 & 7. You're not winning the hand with pairs and high cards; you're going to need a hefty dose of good fortune to pull off the unlikely win.

Next up is the Steelers in Pittsburgh and their offense is starting to heat up. The next one is probably going to get really ugly.

He faced some good defenses in NO, Minny, and Baltimore. He did well vs Chicago.

They face:

@ Pitt
Tampa Bay
@Cleveland
@Carolina
Minny
@Detroit

If Rodgers can indeed come back for the Panthers game.....they could be 7-6 and still in the hunt for a WC. Pitt is an L but TB and Cleveland? Very winnable games.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense gave up 219 yards. I will take that every game. That is usually good enough to win.

Just don’t expect that every game. Flacco and his offense have been abysmal this year and was a major contributor to GB’s success on defense.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just don’t expect that every game. Flacco and his offense have been abysmal this year and was a major contributor to GB’s success on defense.
yeah I know. However I will take solid defensive play anyway I can get it. Offense lost this game not the defense. Its not often we can say that around these parts...

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think GB should stick with Hundley....they are still in the hunt for a WC and they just need Rodgers to return to be back to where they were before he got hurt. Starting Callahan could be worse.....just look at Nathan Peterman yesterday.

I agree Hundley should remain the starter based on the reps he's gotten in practice the last 2 years as the #2.

I'm also not good with rushing Rodgers back (which the Packers wouldn't do IMO) if they are all but mathematically eliminated.

Vikings and Lions are starting to pull away.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Hundley should remain the starter based on the reps he's gotten in practice the last 2 years as the #2.

I'm also not good with rushing Rodgers back (which the Packers wouldn't do IMO) if they are all but mathematically eliminated.

Vikings and Lions are starting to pull away.

I could see the North getting 3 teams in the playoffs possibly. If the Vikings and Lions can keep it up that is.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The games vs Minny and Det could be for a playoff spot.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the North getting 3 teams in the playoffs possibly. If the Vikings and Lions can keep it up that is.

That's tough. Lots of teams in contention.

CAR/NO
PHI/DALLAS (maybe)
DET/MIN/GB (maybe)
SEA/LAR

Tough sledding there IMO

Born to run

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Bay could still win the division IF they only lose 1 more game and finish 10 and 6. also the Vikings have to lose their next three games... @Detroit on Thanksgiving Day, @Atlanta and @Carolina. Three road games in a row. But again the Packers can only lose 1 more game.. Pretty tough

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's tough. Lots of teams in contention.

CAR/NO
PHI/DALLAS (maybe)
DET/MIN/GB (maybe)
SEA/LAR

Tough sledding there IMO

True. Thought better of it after I posted it.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green Bay could still win the division IF they only lose 1 more game and finish 10 and 6. also the Vikings have to lose their next three games... @Detroit on Thanksgiving Day, @Atlanta and @Carolina. Three road games in a row. But again the Packers can only lose 1 more game.. Pretty tough

Your boys are 4-2 after that 0-4 start. I'd say the Chargers are the hottest team in the West.

Sorry, got off topic in the wrong place, another team's thread.

Born to run

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your boys are 4-2 after that 0-4 start. I'd say the Chargers are the hottest team in the West.

Sorry, got off topic in the wrong place, another team's thread.
I don't want to say too much. Yes they are playing well and the AFC West is now wide open.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah. Especially considering they're going to Pittsburgh Sunday night to play a team that's rolling and maybe just getting warmed up.

Oh well, only one way to find out.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to say too much. Yes they are playing well and the AFC West is now wide open.

I like the Chargers. They're better than their record.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I know. However I will take solid defensive play anyway I can get it. Offense lost this game not the defense. Its not often we can say that around these parts...

lol. You have a valid point sir! I will be impressed if they can do the same against Pittsburgh but im not going to hold my breath, but you never know...........

From what I have seen so far MM is gonna go down with the ship with Hundley. I think I am going to refrain from watching any more Packer games this year. Its very difficult to witness the product being put out on the field right now, besides, I have to keep my blood pressure down.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. You have a valid point sir! I will be impressed if they can do the same against Pittsburgh but im not going to hold my breath, but you never know...........

From what I have seen so far MM is gonna go down with the ship with Hundley. I think I am going to refrain from watching any more Packer games this year. Its very difficult to witness the product being put out on the field right now, besides, I have to keep my blood pressure down.

I expect the defense to allow far more points and yards this week on the road against a superior offense to the one the Packers just played.

McCarthy will stick with Hundley because he's spent 3 years developing him and of course he can't spend every practice thinking he's gonna not have his hall of fame quarterback for half a season.

This whole thing sucks but you roll with what you have IMO.