• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hundley=Clutch

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he isn't Rodgers and hasn't had the numbers, but he has come up big late in games the last month.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now if he can only spread that throughout the game :D

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now if he can only spread that throughout the game :D

I had a bad feeling about this game all week. I'll take the win and hope to get 12 back and see what happens.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His 4th QTR play has been exceptional as of late.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers offense was stagnant until the 4th quarter because the offensive line was trash... Penalties, bad reads, blown assignments, no push, getting outworked...

It's easy to say "why can't Hundley play that well the whole game?" but I think Rodgers wouldn't have had much more success than Hundley did behind that offensive line.

...I still can't believe Spriggs - knowing it was a bootleg to his side - double-teamed the DE inside and left the OLB with a free run at Hundley. Did he think there was a back or TE behind him to take the LB? It looked to me like Spriggs never even looked to his right. It's concerning that he may not have the field awareness adequate to play the position.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers offense was stagnant until the 4th quarter because the offensive line was trash... Penalties, bad reads, blown assignments, no push, getting outworked...

It's easy to say "why can't Hundley play that well the whole game?" but I think Rodgers wouldn't have had much more success than Hundley did behind that offensive line.

...I still can't believe Spriggs - knowing it was a bootleg to his side - double-teamed the DE inside and left the OLB with a free run at Hundley. Did he think there was a back or TE behind him to take the LB? It looked to me like Spriggs never even looked to his right. It's concerning that he may not have the field awareness adequate to play the position.

Spriggs was unimpressive in pre season so its not a shock he is struggling now. He needs to show improvement before he doesn't have a job in the NFL anymore.

The O-line is like the defense. Sometimes they show flashes of being a solid unit and then other times they look like paper mache cut outs of football players. The browns had no respect for Hundleys passing ability and rightfully so. I think Rodgers in would change things. Cleveland knows A Rod can complete a pass more than 10 yards down field.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spriggs was unimpressive in pre season so its not a shock he is struggling now. He needs to show improvement before he doesn't have a job in the NFL anymore.

The O-line is like the defense. Sometimes they show flashes of being a solid unit and then other times they look like paper mache cut outs of football players. The browns had no respect for Hundleys passing ability and rightfully so. I think Rodgers in would change things. Cleveland knows A Rod can complete a pass more than 10 yards down field.

This, mostly. Rodgers will make Spriggs look like Bulaga. This is a line built specifically for pass blocking IMO, which is why every time a RB has a good day he looks like an All-Pro; he has to run like one most weeks.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This, mostly. Rodgers will make Spriggs look like Bulaga.

Rodgers is one of the best ever, but he isn't getting the ball out of his hands with the linebacker in his lap before he turns his head around on a bootleg either.

Going forward, if the offensive line lays another egg like they did against the Browns, this season is over regardless of QB. They have to be one of the best and most disciplined units in the league for this team to have a shot at the playoffs or any success thereafter.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is one of the best ever, but he isn't getting the ball out of his hands with the linebacker in his lap before he turns his head around on a bootleg either.

Going forward, if the offensive line lays another egg like they did against the Browns, this season is over regardless of QB. They have to be one of the best and most disciplined units in the league for this team to have a shot at the playoffs or any success thereafter.

One of the reasons he's one of the best ever is that ability to make something happen when that linebacker is in his face. Hundley just hasn't had the game experience and we have been spoiled a bit by Rodgers.

Also don't forget, Cleveland doesn't have a POS defense.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also don't forget, Cleveland doesn't have a POS defense.

Yeah, neither does CAR, MIN and whoever we might be lucky enough to meet up with in the playoffs. We are not going to beat those teams if our o-line plays like they did against the Browns.

Regarding that specific Spriggs blunder play I cited, maybe if Rodgers was in, he might have better communicated or adjusted the offensive line's blocking assignments or he might've shifted a blocker to his right to account for the free OLB... Handling it pre-snap is the only way that play is not a sack.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This, mostly. Rodgers will make Spriggs look like Bulaga. This is a line built specifically for pass blocking IMO, which is why every time a RB has a good day he looks like an All-Pro; he has to run like one most weeks.

I believe this as well. Im just a fan but IMO, I think that's a huge mistake by MM. I get it, you have Rodgers and want to play to your strengths but when you play defenses that defend the pass well then that's when we see the offense struggle. it becomes even more important in the playoffs because those teams will normally have defenses that will make you earn every yard.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, neither does CAR, MIN and whoever we might be lucky enough to meet up with in the playoffs. We are not going to beat those teams if our o-line plays like they did against the Browns.

Regarding that specific Spriggs blunder play I cited, maybe if Rodgers was in, he might have better communicated or adjusted the offensive line's blocking assignments or he might've shifted a blocker to his right to account for the free OLB... Handling it pre-snap is the only way that play is not a sack.

There's a good chance GB loses to both of those teams even with Rodgers. We all know the defense isn't going to stop either one. Lose to just one of them and GB wont have worry about the playoffs.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Steeler fan, let me say that I would GLADLY have Hundley as a back up in lieu of Landry garbage Jones

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe this as well. Im just a fan but IMO, I think that's a huge mistake by MM. I get it, you have Rodgers and want to play to your strengths but when you play defenses that defend the pass well then that's when we see the offense struggle. it becomes even more important in the playoffs because those teams will normally have defenses that will make you earn every yard.

Well we all know this team isn't gonna win anything this year with defense. Packers have built the team around a hall of fame quarterback and playing to his strengths. The emphasis on defense other than the draft the last few years just isn't there. It's live or die with Rodgers.

No team can plan for their starting qb getting hurt, just isn't feasible. Like I said earlier, I'm just glad Hundley got them far enough to at least have a shot at the dance.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Steeler fan, let me say that I would GLADLY have Hundley as a back up in lieu of Landry garbage Jones

Hundley is what he is. He's a backup NFL QB. He isn't Rodgers, he isn't Ben, hell he isn't even Keenum at this point. He's kept them in games for the most part and has them at 7-6 with a chance to do something.

Maybe a 6 seed and a repeat of 2010? :heh:

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd rather have Rodgers playing than not. If they lose they lose. At least we aren't Bears fans.