• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Howie sounds open to trading Foles

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It better be a good return if he chooses to trade him. I fully trust Howie.

Guy got a first rounder for Sam Bradford. He traded Byron Maxwell and his enormous contract. I mean, he is practically a living God.

Idol-Worship1.gif

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy got a first rounder for Sam Bradford. He traded Byron Maxwell and his enormous contract. I mean, he is practically a living God.

Idol-Worship1.gif
He didn't seem too worried from his press conference. He must have something up his sleeve. Me thinks we will be resigning the guys we need and shedding some cap and gaining draft picks. My prediction is Tory Smith (cut), Celek (cut), Peters (cut), Curry (cut), we extend Brandon Graham, resign Bradham, keep Sproles final year, and possibly trade Foles for a godly return to Arizona. My darkhorse here will be the Bills.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't seem too worried from his press conference. He must have something up his sleeve. Me thinks we will be resigning the guys we need and shedding some cap and gaining draft picks. My prediction is Tory Smith (cut), Celek (cut), Peters (cut), Curry (cut), we extend Brandon Graham, resign Bradham, keep Sproles final year, and possibly trade Foles for a godly return to Arizona. My darkhorse here will be the Bills.

You don't think Peters takes a cut to stay?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure? It's his last pay day and he probably can get more money elsewhere, but then again he may want to finish off as an Eagle and end on a good note. I would love for him to retire as an Eagle. Do you think he would take a pay cut?

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't last year.
He gets extended (and the problem pushed out) or they let him play it out.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peters isn't going anywhere. Both Doug and Howie talked him up yesterday and they expect him to be back next year if that's what he wants, regardless of if he agrees to a pay cut or not IMO.

With regards to Foles, they have to leak that possibility to whet the potential interest of other teams... typical posture at this stage. Knowing Howie the way we do, he is a wheeler and dealer, so a trade would not surprise me. But the return better be REALLY good if it happens.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peters isn't going anywhere. Both Doug and Howie talked him up yesterday and they expect him to be back next year if that's what he wants, regardless of if he agrees to a pay cut or not IMO.

With regards to Foles, they have to leak that possibility to whet the potential interest of other teams... typical posture at this stage. Knowing Howie the way we do, he is a wheeler and dealer, so a trade would not surprise me. But the return better be REALLY good if it happens.

Agreed on Peters. I think that is super clear at this point. I think Peters number changes, but he doesnt take a cut, per se. It feels more and more like the smart move would be those things that Howie does well...extend it out a little (but not fully kicking the can down the road) move some to roster/other bonuses. Maybe.....or maybe I am stretching my knowledge here too much.....

Philadelphia Eagles Salary Cap | Over the Cap

His cap consists of $6.75 in base (what he is guarenteed), $3.66 in Prorated cap and $250K in workout bonus. Now...the proration is from the signing bonus at start of deal. I am not sure how to remedy that (any others?)...but I know Howie knows ways.

I thought some of his comments yesterday hinted at that....how they will not lose as many players as many think.....how there are ways to address...how we are not going to just go and start cutting players for cap. LOVED all those comments.

Point is....however it is done the proration and workout bonus is $4.33M. If any portion of it can be moved to another year or somehow taken out of account for cap it goes a long way to keeping a player, who I have seen noted is on much the same level of respect as Brain Dawkins within the organization. The question is not whether we keep him or not...its whether we will still be able to afford a few extra pieces or not. Either way....with Howies saavy with the cap numbers I think we will be able to.

I thought the most impressive thing about his comments on Foles is he in no way shit on Foles....and he in no way left the impression that he is not open to talk trades. Who the fuck is this guy? Not the same timid kid who was a wiz with math, but not so much with words in the past.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on Peters. I think that is super clear at this point. I think Peters number changes, but he doesnt take a cut, per se. It feels more and more like the smart move would be those things that Howie does well...extend it out a little (but not fully kicking the can down the road) move some to roster/other bonuses. Maybe.....or maybe I am stretching my knowledge here too much.....

Philadelphia Eagles Salary Cap | Over the Cap

His cap consists of $6.75 in base (what he is guarenteed), $3.66 in Prorated cap and $250K in workout bonus. Now...the proration is from the signing bonus at start of deal. I am not sure how to remedy that (any others?)...but I know Howie knows ways.

I thought some of his comments yesterday hinted at that....how they will not lose as many players as many think.....how there are ways to address...how we are not going to just go and start cutting players for cap. LOVED all those comments.

Point is....however it is done the proration and workout bonus is $4.33M. If any portion of it can be moved to another year or somehow taken out of account for cap it goes a long way to keeping a player, who I have seen noted is on much the same level of respect as Brain Dawkins within the organization. The question is not whether we keep him or not...its whether we will still be able to afford a few extra pieces or not. Either way....with Howies saavy with the cap numbers I think we will be able to.

I thought the most impressive thing about his comments on Foles is he in no way shit on Foles....and he in no way left the impression that he is not open to talk trades. Who the fuck is this guy? Not the same timid kid who was a wiz with math, but not so much with words in the past.

The whole Chip Kelly experience was the best thing that ever happened to him. One can go one of two ways after an experience like that - learn from it and make yourself better, or run and deflect blame on everyone else... he's won me over because I never thought he had it in him to humble himself the way he has.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole Chip Kelly experience was the best thing that ever happened to him. One can go one of two ways after an experience like that - learn from it and make yourself better, or run and deflect blame on everyone else... he's won me over because I never thought he had it in him to humble himself the way he has.

I remember hearing somewhere since the super bowl how when Chip took over Lurie sent Howie out to talk to other leaders, in football and out, and improve his leadership ability.

I used to have a coworker who worked for a bit at NovaCare about 10 years ago. He would say Roseman was this geeky numbers guru sitting in a broom closet by the bathrooms. He didn’t seem to have much in the way of social graces. Leadership of an entire team requires social graces. It puts some pieces together that likely led to Rosemans struggles the first time around.

So Lurie sends him out to learn how to improve his weaknesses. Howie does just that. Chip flames out and this improved Roseman leads an amazing run of personnel coups.

Can’t say enough props to Lurie for challenging him, and the Howie for making that leap.

I used to have an impression this guy was “Nickelbags Jr” (we used to call Joe Banner “Nickelbags”....good with the number side of personnel....but not the personnel side of personnel). Howie is so far beyond Banner at this point. Obviously.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless it is a high offer, I would actually keep Foles for his final year. This team has a chance to repeat! Wentz is injured and may not be ready opening day.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read my comment on a trade with Arizona on another post. It is a deal that benefits both teams.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of agree with Iggloo, I am in the camp to keep him for next season only because of the non-guarantee Wentz will start the season, and we can legitimately go back-to-back. That in itself is worth the gamble to pass on the picks just for next season. This window does not come along very often and we should consider that just as much as trying to get something for him now.

Having said that, I understand that Howie is eager to want to re-stock our lost picks and further build for the future when you have a hot asset to dangle. Good arguments to be made for both sides.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grand Plan ... trade Foles for picks, promote Sudfeld to #2, draft Lamar Jackson as an understudy at both QB and WR. ;)

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Respectful might not be what we're hoping for. He will hold out for the best deal even during the draft.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Nick Foles was traded and got us Sam Bradford, who was then traded to get draft picks, one of which turned into Barnett.

Nick Foles gave us a Super Bowl Championship

Nick Foles could be traded to a desperate Cardinals team to get us more.

Nick Foles.