• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Howie Roseman for executive of the year.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie has done a great job. He may be executive of the year. At least he will come close in the poll. IMO.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will get it, although the Rams and Vikings turned things around this year too.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will get it, although the Rams and Vikings turned things around this year too.
Agree. But only Howie had to clean up a Chip Kelly mess!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wanna trade? I got some trades. Let's trade!

Howie_fish.width-704.gif

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I don't like admitting it, because I've never really been a fan of Roseman, it looks like he's finally learned from past mistakes. It took him getting benched in favor of Chip Kelly to get him re-focused, and I believe that if we can keep the Roseman/Douglas dynamic going as long as possible, we're in good shape for the future.

It took a lot of balls and creativity to position the Eagles to get Wentz, that was a not an easy thing to do for a player that a lot of people were divided about becoming a franchise player. But it worked out and as long as Wentz is an Eagle and healthy, there is hope for a very bright future. It wasn't just Wentz, a lot of other calculated moves (hiring Douglas, trading Bradford, signing vets like Long and Robinson, etc) that helped the Birds to the #1 seed when some (myself included) didn't even think they would make the playoffs this year. Kudos to him and he'd get my vote this year for sure.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I don't like admitting it, because I've never really been a fan of Roseman, it looks like he's finally learned from past mistakes. It took him getting benched in favor of Chip Kelly to get him re-focused, and I believe that if we can keep the Roseman/Douglas dynamic going as long as possible, we're in good shape for the future.

It took a lot of balls and creativity to position the Eagles to get Wentz, that was a not an easy thing to do for a player that a lot of people were divided about becoming a franchise player. But it worked out and as long as Wentz is an Eagle and healthy, there is hope for a very bright future. It wasn't just Wentz, a lot of other calculated moves (hiring Douglas, trading Bradford, signing vets like Long and Robinson, etc) that helped the Birds to the #1 seed when some (myself included) didn't even think they would make the playoffs this year. Kudos to him and he'd get my vote this year for sure.
I agree. Good comment!

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He pulled off the transactions to get Wentz, and it will be a payoff for the next 15 years, but he should not be the last man standing between Douglas and himself. That day will come sooner than later. But I'm not under any illusion that Douglas will get the permanent GM title and final control over the roster that would be required for him to not take the same job elsewhere. I just hope Douglas leaves the cabinet well stocked before his departure.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is OFFICIAL. Roseman was named Executive of the Year! Football writers agreed that he did the best turn around!