• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Howard to the Wizards

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Bucks, Raptors and Pacers are a notch ahead of the Wizards.

The Wiz are not a team that should have any business getting a home court series if you ask me. I expect them to be the 7th seed and go out in the first round.

In terms of what they will be on the court?

Probably.

In terms of talent?

The Wizards are right there, and maybe even a little bit ahead.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of what they will be on the court?

Probably.

In terms of talent?

The Wizards are right there, and maybe even a little bit ahead.
its a team that seems to hate eachother and is filled with unlikeable guys. They dont seem to like their coach. They just signed Dwight Howard of all people.

At some point you are what you are.

Wall is super talented but it just seems like he is a dick that needs to do it his way and wont ever buy into the "team" thing. He almost seems like a little bit of Paul Pierce to me--- that he will be a pretty talented guy for a long long time and never win anything and then have to team up nearer the back end of his career.

If the Wiz got a big time offer for Wall i would think they would have to seriously consider it. Low seeds and first round exits are just not what you want long term.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was leery of that one from the beginning because of his injury - I think if the going price would have been 1.5 million up to 3.0, then absolutely for the portion from February to June - but that Feb mark could easily end up being March or the end of the season and the Lakers simply don't have that luxary. Cousins is a gamble that the Warriors are hoping to pay off in the finals - perhaps it works and perhaps not

LOL at Cousins signing a deal anywhere from 1.5-3 million.

The vet minimum is 2.1 million and he isn't signing for anyhing as low as youi suggest. If he did, he should fire hie agent.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a team that seems to hate eachother and is filled with unlikeable guys. They dont seem to like their coach. They just signed Dwight Howard of all people.

Wall is super talented but it just seems like he is a dick that needs to do it his way and wont ever buy into the "team" thing. He almost seems like a little bit of Paul Pierce to me--- that he will be a pretty talented guy for a long long time and never win anything and then have to team up nearer the back end of his career.

If the Wiz got a big time offer for Wall i would think they would have to seriously consider it. Low seeds and first round exits are just not what you want long term.

I agree. I think we are saying the same things, just in different ways.

The Wizards don't have a Giannis, but overall I do think they have more talent than those teams mentioned. But will they be better team? Probably not because of the reasons you mentioned.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think we are saying the same things, just in different ways.

The Wizards don't have a Giannis, but overall I do think they have more talent than those teams mentioned. But will they be better team? Probably not because of the reasons you mentioned.

Yeah, if you just look at the roster, they are as talented as just about anyone.

But they have the feel of a team built on names rather than fit.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at Cousins signing a deal anywhere from 1.5-3 million.

The vet minimum is 2.1 million and he isn't signing for anyhing as low as youi suggest. If he did, he should fire hie agent.
I know that - but I maintain that the Lakers couldn't afford the luxury of paying the dude 5 million for a one year rental that could become a bust. It would have been one hell of a gamble that could have paid off big time though had the timing been right and that's what it will take for some one to beat the Warriors. A gamble like that which pays off

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have to disagree with calling Wall a dick. He bought freaking Rolexes for the entire team, and the guy has done tons of charity work. He appears to be a pretty decent guy. Does he perhaps pout every now & then & display attitude? Sure - but so do a lot of high level athletes.

I think that the chemistry issues are also a product of 1. putting together a strange mix of players by their inept mgmt. & 2. whining & ill advised reactions from some other players like Beal & Gortat (good riddance to that guy).

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Wizards issues could be solved now that Gortat is gone.

He seems like a major dick, not Wall.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it was first discussed about buy-outs with DH I thought the Wizards were the natural fit for him. The question now is how do they make it work? On paper, they should be the 3 seed. But chemistry is a real thing man...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it was first discussed about buy-outs with DH I thought the Wizards were the natural fit for him. The question now is how do they make it work? On paper, they should be the 3 seed. But chemistry is a real thing man...
depth too.....

Their starting 5 right now is - Wall, Beale, Porter Jr., Morris, Howard---- which does have quite a bit of talent--- the bench? Austin Rivers, Kelly Oubre, Jason Smith, Jodie Meekts....its fucking terrible.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depth too.....

Their starting 5 right now is - Wall, Beale, Porter Jr., Morris, Howard---- which does have quite a bit of talent--- the bench? Austin Rivers, Kelly Oubre, Jason Smith, Jodie Meekts....its fucking terrible.

You are missing quite a few guys from your list - Mahinmi, Satoransky, Ty Lawson & their # 1 pick - Troy Brown. Not claiming that they are great, but they should contribute. They also just added Jeff Green for whatever that is worth.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are missing quite a few guys from your list - Mahinmi, Satoransky, Ty Lawson & their # 1 pick - Troy Brown. Not claiming that they are great, but they should contribute. They also just added Jeff Green for whatever that is worth.

Satoransky is solid.

Also, given the Dwight signing which is a clear upgrade, acquiring Austin Rivers does a lot to address bench depth.

They will still be in trouble if any 1 of their starters miss extended time, but they actually have a couple legitmately solid NBA players coming off the bench now.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depth too.....

Like @tlance mentioned Satoransky is solid. I like him and Oubre off the bench. And Rivers as a backup combo guard (away from his dad sheltering him) could be actually a decent piece for them. They do need one more reliable big though.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like @tlance mentioned Satoransky is solid. I like him and Oubre off the bench. And Rivers as a backup combo guard (away from his dad sheltering him) could be actually a decent piece for them. They do need one more reliable big though.

You could have just said they need "a reliable big".

Because I am not sure just how reliable Morris and Howard are.