• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How Will the Rookie RB Affect Their Team?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes it takes the offseason to study players. When players are hot without a extended break they are hard to stop and in the moment. Once that break hits it's a different story. Everyone will be gunning for him next year. NFL teams do not have time to study film during the week on players and many players don't care to take time to do that stuff. And Kelce made it hard to focus on Hill because he was often unstoppable. I had Kelce on my team so i was paying attention to KC games. A fast receiver is often hard to stop in his first season. It's called sneaking up on teams. I'll say the same about MThomas who will be on radars next year. Only a few teams will take the time to study a new player. For instance, Denver who gave Thomas his only bad game. I think Hill also struggled against them as well. But many teams don't take the time to do it because most players don't want to study film in between games. The offseason is where teams start studying.

Now also some players catch fire early enough where there is time for teams to take notice. Week 7(when Hill's run stated) leaves little time for that.

The NFL is demanding enough and half the league's players are entitled brats.
So it was Maclin drawing attention. .. until someone informed you that wasn't the case, than it was no film on the guy, now it's Kelce was drawing attention away.. any chance you'll pick a theory and stick with it anytime soon?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes it takes the offseason to study players. When players are hot without a extended break they are hard to stop and in the moment. Once that break hits it's a different story. Everyone will be gunning for him next year. NFL teams do not have time to study film during the week on players and many players don't care to take time to do that stuff. And Kelce made it hard to focus on Hill because he was often unstoppable. I had Kelce on my team so i was paying attention to KC games. A fast receiver is often hard to stop in his first season. It's called sneaking up on teams. I'll say the same about MThomas who will be on radars next year. Only a few teams will take the time to study a new player. For instance, Denver who gave Thomas his only bad game. I think Hill also struggled against them as well. But many teams don't take the time to do it because most players don't want to study film in between games. The offseason is where teams start studying.

Now also some players catch fire early enough where there is time for teams to take notice. Week 7(when Hill's run stated) leaves little time for that.

The NFL is demanding enough and half the league's players are entitled brats.

I'm not sure how you ended up so off the rails here.

Let's recap.

We were talking about the 2016 season for the Chiefs offense and how that related to potential usage of any new RBs.

Then you stated that Hill was productive because teams were focusing on Maclin.

But that was wrong. And I gave you the data that showed your statement was false.

Now you are off talking about all sorts of stuff, but what is your conclusion about the relationship between Maclin's on field presence and Hill's performances? Hopefully you've acquired a bit more information about the situation since your previous inaccurate statement.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a example. You made it appear Washington was gonna take away from Kelley with this RB because they drafted him. I was using Ravens fourth round pick last year as an example that it does not mean the player see's the field.

Uhh how did you get that from what I said? I said the opposite. Him being drafted in the 4th doesn't assure him anything.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how you ended up so off the rails here.

Let's recap.

We were talking about the 2016 season for the Chiefs offense and how that related to potential usage of any new RBs.

Then you stated that Hill was productive because teams were focusing on Maclin.

But that was wrong. And I gave you the data that showed your statement was false.

Now you are off talking about all sorts of stuff, but what is your conclusion about the relationship between Maclin's on field presence and Hill's performances? Hopefully you've acquired a bit more information about the situation since your previous inaccurate statement.

I did correct myself. I knew Maclin missed a few games. He was back against Oakland though. But my point remains Hill was a breakout receiver with very little time to study him. And if Tref has a problem with me thinking that way then that's him.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhh how did you get that from what I said? I said the opposite. Him being drafted in the 4th doesn't assure him anything.

It was not a direct response to you. It was more a response to people pondering such draft picks thinking just because someone was drafted they're in line to get decent carries the next season.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did correct myself. I knew Maclin missed a few games. He was back against Oakland though. But my point remains Hill was a breakout receiver with very little time to study him. And if Tref has a problem with me thinking that way then that's him.
No my problem was exactly what i stated

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Perine-Kelley,

If the Redskins were all hopped up on starting Perine this year they would have drafted him before the 4th. That doesn't mean he can't win the job by performing well, but he's not the early favorite just because he's shiny and new, he's an underdog because he doesn't know the offense and he doesn't know the league.

I can assure you that the Redskins want Perine to win the job. Whether it happens or not, time will tell. The Skins were linked to Mccafery and Cook leading up to the draft because they were not happy with Kelly. Personally, I am glad they took Perine instead of paying up for a top RB. But, the fact that RB was seen a one of the top needs by both front office and coaching staff tells me that Perine will be given every opportunity to win the job.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes it takes the offseason to study players. When players are hot without a extended break they are hard to stop and in the moment. Once that break hits it's a different story. Everyone will be gunning for him next year. NFL teams do not have time to study film during the week on players and many players don't care to take time to do that stuff

Where do you get this crap

Listen I'm a hockey promoting football ignoramus from the frozen tundra way north of you in Canada

Even I know the NFL teams all study film

The players are also watching the same film as it is broken down to them on a daily basis between Monday and Friday

it is part of a typical NFL player and coach's work week

What do you think the various coaches up in the box are doing on game day watching beer commercials during breaks in the play

Film study is a crucial step in every team's weekly game prep and of course in game as well

Have you ever heard of halftime adjustments obviously film is an useful and needed tool in those adjustments

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever heard of halftime adjustments obviously film is an useful and needed tool in those adjustments

I have... I'm pretty sure the Bills have not

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love reading the Breesy Breesy Japaneesie threads.............

Make me laugh, make me cry.
Make me wanna stick a needle in my eye.

Brees and Treff, Treff and Brees.
Brees talked shit and Treff broke his knees.

Brees and Fleener sitting in a tree
D-R-A-F-T-ING
Brees looked over and had to say
Fleener touched my wiener and now I'm gay

So I just typed that shit while at work waiting for the fucking floor waxing assholes to hurry up and finish. My question is: Should I post this or just delete it. Obviously I'm not drunk so I can't use that as an excuse..............eh, fuck it!

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love reading the Breesy Breesy Japaneesie threads.............

Make me laugh, make me cry.
Make me wanna stick a needle in my eye.

Brees and Treff, Treff and Brees.
Brees talked shit and Treff broke his knees.

Brees and Fleener sitting in a tree
D-R-A-F-T-ING
Brees looked over and had to say
Fleener touched my wiener and now I'm gay

So I just typed that shit while at work waiting for the fucking floor waxing assholes to hurry up and finish. My question is: Should I post this or just delete it. Obviously I'm not drunk so I can't use that as an excuse..............eh, fuck it!
I honestly wish i had the ability to just look away when i see such ridiculous BS..but i can't! I am compelled to call it out and find out what the fuck the poster is taking about

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mixon is the man in Cinci week #1 & holds it.
Doesnt sound like to many are concerned with Hill taking time away from Mixon & been hearing Gio may not be dressed for the 1st couple or so weeks. Gives Mixon plenty of time to take hold of the spot & keeping it, if he ends up being as advertised.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mixon is the man in Cinci week #1 & holds it.
Doesnt sound like to many are concerned with Hill taking time away from Mixon & been hearing Gio may not be dressed for the 1st couple or so weeks. Gives Mixon plenty of time to take hold of the spot & keeping it, if he ends up being as advertised.

Love Mixon, but if Hill isn't traded I fully expect him to be the starter to open the season. Now that could change rather quickly or not depending on how Hill does.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Mixon, but if Hill isn't traded I fully expect him to be the starter to open the season. Now that could change rather quickly or not depending on how Hill does.
I am just going off some things I read for Fantasy Football. Not a Bengals fan so dont know any close up stories on Hill. But he sounds like just insurance to me at the moment. (from readings)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just going off some things I read for Fantasy Football. Not a Bengals fan so dont know any close up stories on Hill. But he sounds like just insurance to me at the moment. (from readings)

Not a Bengals fan either, but from what I've read Mixon is expected to fill Gio role until he gets healthy. Hill not going to give up without a fight.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Bengals fan either, but from what I've read Mixon is expected to fill Gio role until he gets healthy. Hill not going to give up without a fight.
i haven't seen it read that anywhere? care to share where u heard that? what i've heard lines more up with what @Schmoopy1000 said

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i haven't seen it read that anywhere? care to share where u heard that? what i've heard lines more up with what @Schmoopy1000 said
if I can, but I read it reading a bunch of fantasy football links, so not sure where it is right now. I am sure which is just conjecture, but seems like Mixon did well at whatever they were doing to date. They talked of Gio being slow on recovery & not expected to be ready early in the season. Nothing flattering about hill was in it either.
I am sure Bengal fans would know more about how everyone is doing in cinci, I was just reading articles on some players that are suppose to do more than expected this year.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this isnt the one I was talking about, but here is a little of saying similar things.

Discussions about a player's character and past actions fade into the background in the NFL if he impresses on the field, and it appears that's precisely what Mixon is doing.

The second-round pick looked "like a beast" at minicamp, a Bengals staffer told The MMQB's Albert Breer, with Mixon's rare combination of size, speed, and acceleration standing out.

Mixon is a first-round talent who fell in the draft for off-field reasons, so perhaps it shouldn't come as a surprise that he looks like a future star. With Giovani Bernard expected to miss time early in the season as he recovers from a torn ACL and Jeremy Hill bordering on bust territory, Mixon could seize the Bengals' feature back job with a strong training camp.

5 offensive players generating the most hype after minicamp

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also this

The Bengals took a massive risk when they selected Joe Mixon in the second round of the draft. And at the end of the day, we firmly believe that the former Oklahoma running back will reward them this fall.

Mixon still has to compete for carries with veterans Jeremy Hill and Giovani Bernard, of course. But based on the reports coming out of Cincinnati’s offseason program, all signs point toward Mixon leapfrogging Hill as the team’s lead running back on the Bengals depth chart before the season opens in September. If that proves to be the case, expect to see Mixon finish his rookie season with over 1,000 rushing yards.