• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

how true

Arbusman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gruden drafts his own quarterback will he start over RG3 in the preseason games due to injuries if Gruden drafts his own quarterback?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for my QB having confidence. But extraordinary? That's funny right there. Totally agree with you Dad, he's way over the top.

This could go one of 2 ways. i still think in a year or 2 behind a great OL he could be killer. Or he could turn into Vince Young, who like Griffin was ill equipped to handle it once people stopped throwing rose pedals at his feet.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really needs the services of a PR firm. He hasn't a clue how he comes across to the fan base or even his teammates and coaches. It would go a long way with me if I ever heard him admit that he has responsibility for his poor play over the last 2 years. A admission that he was wrong, that he has a long way to go and that he is going to trust his coaches and work with them to make him competent is really needed. Doubt we will ever see it.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really needs the services of a PR firm. He hasn't a clue how he comes across to the fan base or even his teammates and coaches. It would go a long way with me if I ever heard him admit that he has responsibility for his poor play over the last 2 years. A admission that he was wrong, that he has a long way to go and that he is going to trust his coaches and work with them to make him competent is really needed. Doubt we will ever see it.

Really? Honestly - don't really care that much about his image, making apologies, etc. All that matters is the play on the field. If he were to play lights out yet went nuts on Twitter, etc - who cares? On the flip side - if he went dead silent & was very polite yet sucked on the field then he needs to go. I understand some of the concerns, but the real change that needs to occur is on the field (which no doubt is influenced by RG3 working at his craft at this time - which he may be doing rt now).

The media primarily gets involved with this since it gives them something to do & most are ill equipped to acutally evaluate on-field performance.

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gruden drafts his own quarterback will he start over RG3 in the preseason games due to injuries if Gruden drafts his own quarterback?

I thought this guy was a proven troll who made multiple names when we all first migrated here. What gives?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Honestly - don't really care that much about his image, making apologies, etc. All that matters is the play on the field. If he were to play lights out yet went nuts on Twitter, etc - who cares? On the flip side - if he went dead silent & was very polite yet sucked on the field then he needs to go. I understand some of the concerns, but the real change that needs to occur is on the field (which no doubt is influenced by RG3 working at his craft at this time - which he may be doing rt now).

The media primarily gets involved with this since it gives them something to do & most are ill equipped to acutally evaluate on-field performance.
Ultimately you are right. I guess my point is that until he admits, atleast to himself, that he was part of the problem, he won't change which means that his play probably won't get significantly better. So if he is going to say anything, I would hope that it would be some sort of statement that gave us hope that he realizes that HE has to change.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I see it the say J_y does. "But I look forward to having the offense tailored more to what I do well, what we do well as a team.” was a quote from a QB who still seems to be blaming everyone but the QB.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this guy was a proven troll who made multiple names when we all first migrated here. What gives?
he was given a chance if he behaved . he didnt he is removed from the board

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

a PR firm isnt the truth . he fails because he is being fake

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I see it the say J_y does. "But I look forward to having the offense tailored more to what I do well, what we do well as a team.” was a quote from a QB who still seems to be blaming everyone but the QB.
Exactly. In other words, the gameplan and scheme need to change, im just fine.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. In other words, the gameplan and scheme need to change, im just fine.
as long as he wants it too , he didnt want it to play to his strengths

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But why is that quote necessarily bad? Isn't that what everyone believes what must happen? In 2012, the offense was tailored to what he did well and he flourished. The next year, he wanted the offense changed to cater his wishes of being a pocket passer when he should've been thinking what he said above. And in 2014, Gruden shoved the pocket passing offense down his throat, something he was ill equipped to do.

IMHO, that quote is what I want him to be saying and thinking. No more crap about trying to be Aaron Rodgers, at least not yet. Let McVay and Gruden craft an offense around his strengths, and there are a lot of them. During that time, he can gradually learn to be a pocket passer.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why is that quote necessarily bad? Isn't that what everyone believes what must happen? In 2012, the offense was tailored to what he did well and he flourished. The next year, he wanted the offense changed to cater his wishes of being a pocket passer when he should've been thinking what he said above. And in 2014, Gruden shoved the pocket passing offense down his throat, something he was ill equipped to do.

IMHO, that quote is what I want him to be saying and thinking. No more crap about trying to be Aaron Rodgers, at least not yet. Let McVay and Gruden craft an offense around his strengths, and there are a lot of them. During that time, he can gradually learn to be a pocket passer.

Dad said it already. Griffin was the one who wanted the read option taken out of the gameplan, he was the one insisting they run an offense he can't play. At least not now.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad said it already. Griffin was the one who wanted the read option taken out of the gameplan, he was the one insisting they run an offense he can't play. At least not now.

That's true, but now that he's agreeing to operate in a gameplan suited to his talents, that, to me, is a good thing. His ego has come back down to this earth. Also important is Gruden, who is willing to do them same thing. When RGIII wanted to be a pocket and Gruden wanted him to run an offense like one, you had the perfect storm of suck. I see this a good development. Of course, no sure how long this will last.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I could see it this way. Don't forget I was one of the last Griffin holdouts. Wait, I see you just registered in Jan. Are you a new poster or under a new name? Regardless I was one of Griffin's last defenders here. But to say that his ego is now in check, I just don't see that. I see once again a QB who is still not taking the blame he should. I saw a QB holding the ball with open receivers all over the field, then he wants to blame the system.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jay gruden might not much as a HC but he is right about one thing

RG3 is spoiled

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I could see it this way. Don't forget I was one of the last Griffin holdouts. Wait, I see you just registered in Jan. Are you a new poster or under a new name? Regardless I was one of Griffin's last defenders here. But to say that his ego is now in check, I just don't see that. I see once again a QB who is still not taking the blame he should. I saw a QB holding the ball with open receivers all over the field, then he wants to blame the system.

Oh I didn't say that; what I said was he's coming along with his ego. Hope it lasts.