• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How much?

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much did it cost to buy the refs?

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

Yea, there were some terrible calls. The "sack" call on LT was a joke. And yes, I thought Sammy fumbled that ball. Then the fact that they happened basically back to back was a momentum changer. I still think we win that ball game. It could have been different but our D played pretty decent and our offense did it's usual. Actually, I felt our offense sputtered a little and Morris made some shitty play calls, but what do I know. I didn't see any of PI calls you guys were talking about over in ya'lls thread, but it's hard to catch everything sitting in the stands, you know.

Could you guys have won that game had the officiating not been so bad? I still don't think so. Just my humble opinion there and of course could be debated. It may have been closer, but I believe we still win. just sayin ..... still love you Hokies though. Don't hold my homerism against me.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize that there will be questionable calls in every game, but these calls all happened within a very short period in the third quarter. I was willing to overlook the mugging of Marcus Davis (which killed that drive) until the "sack" call (which killed THAT drive) and moments later the fumble that was not overturned. The PI non-call on Hopkins I can understand because the official was in a bad position.

I think if the calls had been made correctly, it would have taken 14 points off from you and who knows what we would have done on those two drives the refs killed. Not to mention the momentum swinging in your favor due to these calls. I understand where you're coming from and would likely be saying the same had my team benefited from the calls, but it doesn't mean I have to like it. :dance:

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much did you pay Logan Thomas for him to throw those 2 INT? How much did you pay the ST player that gave the ball back to you on the 20 yd line to touch the ball?

Pretty sad that Clemson has to pay players on our team to fuck up.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hopkins "push off" was the right call. Hand checks happen on every contested deep throw and there were plenty of them in the game; both players have a right to go after it, and there wasn't anything on that play that was egregious. The sack was ridiculous, and there were several fumbles where the ruling on the field should've been over turned. Maybe if the Hokies had scored on the sack drive the outcome would've been different, but I don't think that changes the four interceptions.

EDIT: Is Beamer going to be in hot water if he doesn't make any changes after this year? Seems like he's been getting by on coaching the last three or four years, and the rest of the conference seems to be catching up.