• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How much is Bledsoe worth?

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bledsoe would have to agree to the trade.

Bledsoe doesn't have to agree to anything. Other than refusing to resign with the team that he is traded to, he has no control over any trade. And so far we have seen that Bledsoe is more concerned about money than anything else. Do you think he would leave $20 mil on the table & not accept a trade to a team that can use his Bird rights to resign him for more money & years than anyone else? I don't think so.

His contract is cheap & there are likely going to be a few teams in the playoff hunt who are hurting for PG help. Even if it's just a rental with the potential to resign him, teams are going to do it.

Bird rights is the trump card.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bledsoe doesn't have to agree to anything. Other than refusing to resign with the team that he is traded to, he has no control over any trade. And so far we have seen that Bledsoe is more concerned about money than anything else. Do you think he would leave $20 mil on the table & not accept a trade to a team that can use his Bird rights to resign him for more money & years than anyone else? I don't think so.

His contract is cheap & there are likely going to be a few teams in the playoff hunt who are hurting for PG help. Even if it's just a rental with the potential to resign him, teams are going to do it.

What do you mean he doesn't have to agree to anything? He is a free agent.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is their risk? Yes. But Bledsoe is risking far more. Let the game play out.

Who loses if this situation plays out?

Bledsoe signs the QO, Suns fail to trade him by the trading deadline, and Bledsoe leaves Phoenix as an UFA for the max or close to the max elsewhere?

What does Phoenix get out of that?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bledsoe signs the QO, Suns fail to trade him by the trading deadline, and Bledsoe leaves Phoenix as an UFA for the max or close to the max elsewhere?

Bledsoe would be easy to trade if he signs his QO. A contender could make room for his contract with how little the QO is. I think that's actually the best route for the Suns. Worst case scenario you get a guy playing for a max contract all year which means he'll be going all out.

And who knows, maybe if he stays and plays well and they make a playoff run and gets offered a max deal by PHX maybe he'll stay. A lot can change in one year.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think locking up Dragic and the Morris Twins is the main priority with how our roster is set up. Glad we have Thomas and Ennis as insurance.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota: $1.5 million to spend, yet need $14.7 to "make max offer". That's like saying "Dude, dinner is on me. Can I borrow $40?!?"

Saw this on twitter lolzzz

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Bledsoe stays healthy & signs for the max with another team, it will still take him 3 seasons to make back the $8 mil in money he lost playing for the QO. That's the highest upside for him.

What if he gets hurt & misses close to half a season again? His value then plummets. What if it's a serious injury that takes a year or more to recover from? Do you think he will get even close to the 4/$48 mil would have got from the Suns if that happens? Then he will never be able to make back the $8 mil in salary difference for this season.

There will likely be teams that want him before the trade deadline. Even if there isn't a trade & bridges are burnt, oh well. I'd rather move forward & let him go without being strapped by contracts for lesser players. There is no one on Minnesota's roster outside of Wiggins, who I would want in a trade.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ummm, no.

That's not how Rookie deals work under the new collective bargaining agreement.

If Bledsoe signs the qualifying offer, he can't be traded without his consent.

He obviously wants his freedom and the Suns will get nothing unless he feels like doing a sign and trade which he has no obligation to do unless it benefits him.

* see Greg Monroe

Detroit Pistons forward-center Greg Monroe signed his qualifying offer on Friday, according to a league memo sent to team executives and obtained by USA TODAY Sports.

Monroe will play the 2014-15 season with Detroit and become an unrestricted free agent next summer. He cannot be traded this season without his consent.

Monroe's representatives steered other teams from presenting Monroe with an offer sheet because they didn't want the Pistons to match and keep Monroe for another four seasons. Now, Monroe will have freedom to pick his next team, and that's what he wanted: control of his future.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way a full year of Bledsoe going all out for a max deal is better than the garbage that Minnesota offered. And who says Bledsoe won't accept a trade mid-season? If things get bad I bet he'd welcome it with open arms.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mecca,

I don't think money is that great an object for Greg Monroe, yet. I think he's just tired of losing...

Yeah, I agree with you on Monroe.

I don't think they offered him a max deal.

But, he probably wouldn't have taken it if they had.

Sounds like he's unhappy with the structure of the frontcourt.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bledsoe stays healthy & signs for the max with another team, it will still take him 3 seasons to make back the $8 mil in money he lost playing for the QO. That's the highest upside for him.

Okay...it took me a minute to clue into your logic.

I see where the disconnect lies...

You know...Like how last season Paul George signed his max deal but the payments don't start until this Season?

The Indiana Pacers themselves, though, have refused to lash out after potentially losing George for the entire first season of his new five-year, $92 million max contract that kicks in this coming season.

Mark Cuban of Dallas Mavericks feels for Paul George, renews call for separate quadrennial competition - ESPN

Or like Kyrie signed this summer. But, he will get paid his 7 mil that is the last year of his rookie deal and his max deal starts next Season when he would have been a free agent?

At the end of this season, Irving will be eligible for a maximum Early Bird extension. An Early Bird extension would kick in for the 2015-16 season, but he can sign it beginning in July, 2014.

Those guys got signed using their early birds rights.

Bledsoe is in the last year of his deal. So, he is eligible for full bird rights and is indeed leaving money on the table for this Season. The No-trade clause and being able to walk to the destination of his choice next year is still decent leverage.

Players eligible to be signed under the Bird Exception are said to have "Bird Rights." Players must spend three years with a team to earn full Bird Rights, two years for "Early Bird Rights."

A player taking the one-year qualifying offer by the October 1 deadline is actually one of the worst-case scenarios for the team in restricted free agency. Restricted free agents that do that earn no-trade clauses, as Larry Coon explains in his CBA FAQ:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mecca I really like your educational posts.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mecca I really like your educational posts.

Thanks, Logic.

I was a little confuzzled on how he was losing money and after reading thru the last page it looked like a few others were too.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, Logic.

I was a little confuzzled on how he was losing money and after reading thru the last page it looked like a few others were too.

His point was it depends on his health. If he tears his ACL or meniscus AGAIN do you really think he'll be getting a contract bigger than 4 years, 48 mil. next year? He's already had two significant knee injuries at such a young age and he STILL hasn't been a starter for a full season yet.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we're talking about RISK here... why not discuss this point.

Should the Suns risk offering Bledsoe a max contract when NO ONE ELSE CAN? No. That would be foolish. If they didn't sign Thomas and draft Ennis this offseason and another team could offer it then I would consider matching it.

But since no one else has the ability to offer him max why would the Suns bet against themselves? It makes zero sense. None. You can say Bledsoe doesn't want to be in Phoenix all you want, but that's not true. He just cares about money. If the Suns called now and offered a max he'd drop his grudge and accept immediately.

I'll gladly take him for one year if he accepts the QO and take a motivated Bledsoe who will do his best to stay healthy for the max from another team. Get a good year out of him (or not... he could get injured again for all we know) and then let him walk. I'd rather extend Goran Dragic and Markieff Morris anyways.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we're talking about RISK here... why not discuss this point.

Should the Suns risk offering Bledsoe a max contract when NO ONE ELSE CAN? No. That would be foolish. If they didn't sign Thomas and draft Ennis this offseason and another team could offer it then I would consider matching it.

But since no one else has the ability to offer him max why would the Suns bet against themselves? It makes zero sense. None. You can say Bledsoe doesn't want to be in Phoenix all you want, but that's not true. He just cares about money. If the Suns called now and offered a max he'd drop his grudge and accept immediately.

I'll gladly take him for one year if he accepts the QO and take a motivated Bledsoe who will do his best to stay healthy for the max from another team. Get a good year out of him (or not... he could get injured again for all we know) and then let him walk. I'd rather extend Goran Dragic and Markieff Morris anyways.

Nobody in their right mind would give him a max deal.

That's not the point.

The point is he can walk without compensation and the Suns would be crazy to allow such a thing.

Should they grab their ankles and take the first shitty deal that comes their way?

Absolutely not.

But, they should trade him before he signs that qualifying offer.

Ofcourse he'd stay if they offered the max.

You think Cousins is loving his time spent in Sacto?

Doubtful....But, he endures because they threw the kitchen sink at him and maxed him out.

Same can be said of Kyrie even if the Cavs didn't get Lebron.

Guys will usually choose to stay under those circumstances.

Now, back to your statement about RISK....

Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith and pray that the injury Gods look upon you favorably.

I know people who couldn't believe it when Curry was given an extension after having more than a few ankle issues.

He's the most underpaid guy in the NBA and the Warriors look like geniuses right now.

Not exactly the same situation because Curry didn't get the max. But, you get the point...

John Wall has spent considerable time in bubblewrap as well...still got a max contract.

Again, Bledsoe is not max worthy...but..neither was Wall when he signed and neither is Kyrie right now.

But, I'm sure he sees what guys like Parsons and Hayward got and thinks he should be in the same ballpark.

Klay Thompson is another Thunder Cat with a bright future. But like Rubio and Bledsoe, he thinks he's a max player and he's not...but, someone will give it to him out of desperation.

Guys are worth whatever a team is willing to pay.

As it stands now, the Suns could end up getting the Dwight Howard treatment.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His point was it depends on his health. If he tears his ACL or meniscus AGAIN do you really think he'll be getting a contract bigger than 4 years, 48 mil. next year? He's already had two significant knee injuries at such a young age and he STILL hasn't been a starter for a full season yet.

Forgot to answer your question...

Yes, I think he will get more next year.

As soon as teams strike out on landing Love, Aldridge, Jefferson and a few other guys...

Teams will overpay to get SOMEBODY.

Knicks foolishly gave Amare that ridiculous, uninsured contract after they whiffed on Lebron, Bosh and the Pistons did the same when they had to overpay just to get Ben Gordon and Charlie fricken Villanueva.